Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #1  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Default Hello, first time poster/member!

Hello everyone! I wanted to say Hello & introduce myself. I am a member of only one other internet forum, & that is Etrain-An Elliott Yamin Fan forum. (I loves him! heehee)

Anywho, I live in southeast Ohio & am a 32 year old mommy of 2 girls- ages 6 & 2. I have a healthy, athletic husband who loves me unconditionally & irritates the heck outta me as he can eat whatever he wants & not gain a pound. (THE NERVE!) I am fun loving, a tad sarcastic & goofy as all get out.

I am 6ft tall & weigh in at 296 pounds. That weight may be off, as my scales are about, ohhhhhh, 10 years old. I may need to invest in a new set. Irregardless, I am the highest I have ever been. I actually LOST weight when I was pregnant w/ our 2nd daughter, but I managaed to gain back all I lost, along with an extra 20 pounds. (oh yeah, I am brilliant!)

My biggest purpose for joining 3FC, is for support/motivation/encouragement & (perhaps most importantly) accountability. My main purpose(NEED) for losing weight is to be healthy & be able to be more active with my daughters. I love my hubby dearly, but he is about as supportive as a candy bar. He loves me no matter my size & agrees I need to lose SOME weight, but doesn't care about how I do it. (well, other than utilizing eating disorder methods) His biggest concern is my health, but he leaves it all up to me as to how I become healthier. Not to mention he works 3rd shift, so his schedule is pretty wack. Sooooooo, I am hoping to find a buddy (or 2 or 3 or MORE ) to join me in attempt develop a healthier lifestyle & maintain it.

I have no specific method for getting healthy. At this point I am eliminating fast food, soda & junk food from my life as thoroughly as possible. Drinking LOTS of water & trying to use common sense. I did South Beach Diet about 4 years ago & managed to lose 45pounds. Then I simply got lazy, resorted to fast food & high processed foods resulting in my current state. (yaaaaaay me..pfffffft)

Looking foward to getting to know all of you & thanks for taking the time to read my 'short novel' bio post!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:06 AM   #3  
Takin' charge of my life!

Talking

Hello &

I too am a newbie to this board, just started yesterday. Wanted to say Hi and to wish you luck on your journey. I too have a husband that has a wacky schedule, not because he is on 3rd shift, but he is in Grad School and works in a lab so his hours are based on whatever his experiments require. I want to be healthy so that I can spend many more years with him and our 8 year old son.

This board and the free diet blogs are great for making you stay accountable, and are also great for support. It is great to have people around you that are going through or have gone through the same thing that you are going through.

If you ever want to find me, I will be around this board.
Good luck and we will see you around!!
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for the kind welcome! It is weird posting on a board where I don't really know anyone. Kinda like the first day at a new school, ya know? lol
So far, today has been a complete bust. BUT, I am going to walk for at least 30 minutes...hopefully twice before the day ends.
I spent some time at the before/after thread. WOWSER! Some AMAZING achievements made by soooo many people. SO inspiring for someone like me, reminds you of what hard work CAN do. Sunshine, you look fantastic & I am sure you feel just as fabulous too!
Good luck to you too andi!! What is turbo jams? I am thinkin about gettin a system to try the DDR game. As far as I know, only Playstation 2 has it, which kinda stinks cause I think those Wii's look soooo cool!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #5  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

Hello just wanted to stick my head in and say glad you are here losing weight is not an unatainable goal you can do it.
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #6  
Takin' charge of my life!

Turbo Jam is a set of fitness DVDs, it looks really cool, if you got to turbojam.com you can see the infomercial. I need something that will keep me engaged. I try to work out to FIT-TV, but the shows don't keep my interest and then I slack off. The DVD's have really upbeat music, there are threads in the fitness video's section of 3fc, lots of good words about it, we shall see in a couple of weeks if those words are true I wish they would come out with DDR for the Wii. The Wii is fun and you can get a workout from the Wii Sport games (boxing and tennis in particular) but you really have to keep going at it to work up a sweat...of course my 8 year old starts to sweat after about 10 minutes of boxing as he throws his whole body into it! If I remember right, I was told by an avid gameplayer that they will eventually come out with DDR for Wii, when??? no idea.
Andi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Default Hi

Welcome, I am newer here as well. I use to come here but quit awhile back. I am here again ready to do this. I saw you are from SE OHIO, I am from NW West Virginia on the other side of the OH river from OH, We may be neighbors! Welcome!
~Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:46 AM   #8  

Thanks andi, I will check it out! I was thinking my 6yr old would enjoy the DDR games, since she & my 2yr old LOVE to dance! WE'll see what Christmas brings! lol
Hello Sharon! Yep, we are neighbors in a sense! I am about 2.5-3 hours from the Ohio River/WV border. I see you are an Amazon woman too (5'11! lol) I think 'Amazon' sounds a lil better than 'Sasquatch' or 'Jolly Green Giant' (though I must confess green IS my favorite color! heehee)

OH!! And hi to losingit!

Last edited by realitymom; 09-12-2007 at 12:47 AM.