Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/175

Height: 5'7

Default Re-introducing myself...

Hi everyone!

I first joined back in February but unfortunately didn't stick with the forum or my weight loss. Not only have I not lost any weight since then but I have even gained about 10 more pounds since then.

I have always been the type of person who has wanted immediate results. I have finally realized that this weight loss isn't going to happen over night and I am going to just have to be patient and stick with it.

I'm not following any particular diet, I'm just going to be watching what I eat and keeping an eye on my calorie intake. I will also be doing light exercise for now anyway. (ie: walking 20-30 mins 3 times a week) I know if I try to be too strict with myself in terms of diet and exercise I am just going to give up so I need to start slow.

But like they say - Slow and steady wins the race! at least for me anyway!
Soontobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:37 AM   #2  
what to be a after

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5ft

Hi soonto be welcome back, I use to feel the same way. I would really restrict myself and exercise for hours everday and lose a lot of weight really fast, but then be for long I would miss my favorite foods and begin to hate exercising and give up gaining it all back plus more just as fast.

I decided not to following any particular plan just eat what I want in moderation try to keep it around 1600 calories and do some form of physical activity for about 30 minutes some times I walk, do a exercise dvd, or just put on some music and dance.

I started a week ago and I have lost 2lbs. I did not work myself to death and I am not going insane from starvation, and the best part is I got to eat all of my favorite foods and still lost. I am looking at this as a life style chang not a diet. This I can do,this I can stick to.

So good luck to you and as you know the support here is great I log on almost eveyday to keep me going.
Tay72 is offline   Reply With Quote