Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:55 AM   #1  

Default Hello Hello ^_^

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I haven't really started working out or dieting. I was sooo motivated last year and I lost 35lbs in 3 months. Then, my husband got deployed, I got injured, and I stopped being healthy. I am struggling right now. I would like to start a family soon and I want to be healthy and get back in the game! I guess, I just need a little extra support. I've gotten downtrodden and feel like I can't do things sometimes. But, this is something I want to do. I have fear of going to the gym again. I have fear that all eyes will be on me--criticizing--even though I know that probably won't be the case and even if it is, so what! So, please guys...please help me motivate myself to do this! I know I can do it and I want to get healthy.

Take care...
U.M.
unfilteredme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 PM   #2  
I love my life!!

S/C/G: 149/120

Height: 5'4

Hey there! You sound so much like me! I need some motivation as well. i dont plan on going to a gym, but i do have a treadmill at home and some weights. hopefully in the near future i can join the Y and do alot of swimming. I also was ttc for a few months and have decided to get in shape first. What kind of foods are you eating? its hard fo rme to eat healthy becuase my boyfiend hates veggies and fruits. okay.. enough with the excuses, right!
jessica9395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #3  
gonna do it this time

S/C/G: 212/187/140

Height: 5'4"

hi i'm new too and i'm in the same boat. no motivation and wanting to start a family. the last year has been especially tough for me because so many people close to me have had babies, and i know i can't until i get myself healthy first. i don't having a baby to be my sole motivation, but it's so hard not to focus on that. i lost weight for my wedding and gained it all back and then some.

i'm afraid to to back to the gym too. i always wonder what people are thinking when they look at me. my husband says it's all in my head, and that people go to the gym to work out and they're too busy to be worried about how my butt looks in my sweatpants...

i'm struggling too and i think it's because i've been worried about changing everything at once. i want to try to start out smaller and to just worry about eating better for a few weeks, then add the exercise. i'm hoping it will work. cross your fingers for me.

i know we can do this.

mj
thisisnttherealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #4  
I love my life!!

S/C/G: 149/120

Height: 5'4

mj!!!! I was completely obsessed with getting pregnant. then my youngest cousins g/f got pregnant. then a female cousin, and i just found out that my sons dad's g/f is pregnant and i got a call from an old freind 2 days ago telling me she gave birth last sunday! i know EXACTLY how you feel! my b/f thinks im crazy and gets mad because all i do is talk about babies! i am a court reporting student so i am trying to focus on that.

Now, as far as feeling like everyone is stareing at you in the gym. Have you thought about going to Curves or somewhere that is for women only? when i was younger i had a membership to balleys and fitworks and it did seem like that place was a meat market. also, if you dont want to start off hard core, maybe you should just try to get your husband take a nightly walk with you. it doesnt have to be intense, just something to get started. i just started my workout regiment yesterday. i wish you luck! keep me posted!
jessica9395 is offline   Reply With Quote