Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #1  
I CAN DO IT!

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5' 7"

Smile Hi Fellow Losers : )

Well I'm not quite a loser yet! I just joined last night and am hoping that finding this site will be the motivation I need. I have struggled with my weight all my life and have until about 3 years ago been able to keep to a reasonable weight.

Sadly that is no longer the case and I am now 35 lbs overweight (and climbing if I don't change) and am disgusted with myself. I am tall and have a large frame so I don't expect to be 115 lbs. but I also know I am getting out of control with my weight and need to stop eating the junk that I do and make healthier choices. I know I am an emotional eater and seem to not be able to get out of this funk I am in. I believe I am somewhat depressed and really don't know why I am other than my body image. My life is basically good. I have a good job, own my own home, have a great dog and enjoy the life I have.

I have gone through a divorce in the past and currently have a boyfriend that has broken up with me twice over me gaining weight but always seems to come back (been together 5 years now). He, of course, is thin and lifts weights for 1/2 hour 3 times a week and has muscles so he doesn't have a clue how I struggle. Let alone the emotional strain his thinking puts on things.

I also think I am extremely critical of myself and can't seem to shake that.

After finding this site last night and reading everyone's stories. I told myself I am starting today. So I got up at 5 AM and put my step aerobics dvd in and started. Unfortunately, could only do 1/2 of it so I plan to do the other half tonight when I get home from work. I also stopped at the grocery store this morning on my way to work and picked up healthy, low cal food to put in my office to have for breakfast and lunch so I am not tempted to run out and pick up something easy. I think good food planning is a very critical part of losing weight so I have to make that a priority.

I plan to take it one day at a time and hope to get to a weight that I can be happy with myself about. I do not have a husband or children so I definitely have time to make this happen. I just need the motivation.

I have vacation planned for the end of September and would love to lose between 15 - 20 pounds by then.

I have promised myself that I will take a before picture of myself tonight so I have it for after I lose the weight!

Anyone else looking for constant motivation, please keep in touch with me and I'd be happy to try to help you as I help myself.

Good Luck Everyone!

PS - Can anyone tell me how to go about putting the goal meter under my posts? Thank you!
PeaksAt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome! It sounds like you're off to an excellent start! The people here are incredibly supportive and have helped me get motivated to start my weight loss journey. I don't think I would have even made it past this first week without them!

Planning is incredibly important, and it sounds like you already know that. Do you plan on counting calories?

The most important thing to remember is that you CAN do this! It won't always be easy, but it's definitely not impossible.

Hope to see you around!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Glad to see you here!

To get the tracker, click "User CP" in the strip at the top of the page (far left). Then click Edit Signature. You should see instructions about how to add a ticker. Be sure to click Save when you're done.

I can't say I think much of your boyfriend breaking up with you over your weight. I can understand a significant other being concerned, but breaking up??

Good luck! You too can be a loser!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the forum! You sound like you have everything in order - you're right in that planning is very important! Good luck with your loss!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #5  
I CAN DO IT!

Hi Everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!

Did good yesterday until someone from work brought me 4 small slices of white veggie pizza! Grrr I have no control but at least I only had 2 for dinner instead of all 4 which I could have easily done. I soooo wanted to make it through the day sticking to my plan.

Whyyyyyyy can't I just say no? Grrrr I get so mad at myself sometimes.

Ok today is a new day. I'm going to give it a go again. Wish me Luck : ) So far so good, but it is only 7:00 AM (hehe)

Thanks Jay for the tracker info. Hope this works. I did save it but I'm not sure if it will automatically put it in or I have to cut and paste it in each time. We'll see with this post.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #6  
I CAN DO IT!

Yay it worked! Thanks again Jay!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/189/150

Height: 5'8

Welcome! I'm a newbie too, and I know what it's like to have a close relative that doesn't understand why weight just doesn't fall off... my mother is naturally thin, and freaks out if she gains five pounds! Good luck!
ReddyToGo is offline   Reply With Quote