Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229('06)/214/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

Smile *wave* newbie here

Hi!

I just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a mom (32yrs old) of a 28 month old girl, married and just returned to work fulltime last month.

I guess my weightloss story is pretty similar to everyone else. I've been overweight most of my life, but I find my "go to" weight has been creepy up as the decades pass by lol.

When I got pregnant 3 years ago, I weighed 211 and wound up being 255 the day I gave birth. I joined a gym with babysitting services during my 2 years as a SAHM and managed to get down to 189. Christmas came then if I wasn't sick with a cold one week, DD was and I couldn't work out. My weight started to creep back up and now with work I find it hard to squeeze in a good workout during lunch. I still try to go 3 days a week at minimum but things always come up

Today I finally weighed myself and discovered I'm back up to 214!! I also had to take off my wedding and e-ring again because they were so tight....something I promised I would never ever do again. I need to take control as of now! My OB gave me such a hard time about my weight last pregnancy I swore to myself that I would try to meet my BMI before I got pregnant again. We're thinking about trying for #2 next year and this is a kick in my butt to get back on track.

I don't really have any specific weight loss plan. I try to work out frequently and am focusing on whole foods and organics. It's a diet I want my DD exposed to and I'll take the lead from that. I receive local organic produce bi-weekly and focus on whole grains and good fats, elimiating processed sugars and flour.

I'm so hapy to join ths community!

Last edited by lavidasofa; 07-31-2007 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
lavidasofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! It's so hard to exercise with kids...I'm there right now! Does your daughter like to go for walks in the evening? Will she still ride in the stroller? I always figure I'm burning more calories if I'm pushing a stroller over just walking by myself!

Good luck with your loss!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:43 AM   #3  
KC

S/C/G: 182/175/120

Height: 5'3"

Howdy! I'm new too. Something my son loves to do is ride in the carriage attached to my bike. Even just a thirty minute ride in the evening is better than nothing. I try to find time to do something each day. It may never be much but at least I'm doing something. One would think with all the running around we do that that would count for something. I know a lot of my problem is fast and quick fix meals. After you've worked a 14 hour day who feels like coming home and fixing dinner and then clean up the mess before you work on homework or give a little one a bath? It's so much easier to grab fast food at the drive through or pop a pizza in the oven. I really am trying to get back into the kitchen. Gees was that a ramble or what? Sorry. Anyway just wishing you luck with the loss!
kcmedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #4  

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions I really should get out with DD more. I don't know if I shold be happy or not, but she likes her bedtime at 7:30 lol so we don't have much time to squeeze in after daycare activities. But I will try to do more active things on the weekend once this heat wave passes.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:39 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Have you tried getting up early and getting something in? The only thing I could do after my oldest was born was exercise with videos or TV shows because he took three naps a day through his first birthday. That child was always sleeping. I lived off of Denise Austin's shows on Lifetime. Think I burned more calories laughing at her than I did doing the actual exercise. I didn't discover FitTV until a couple years ago, but when we got a DVR I started taping the shows I liked so I could do them in the mornings before the kids got up. Sometimes they'd wake up when I would be in the middle of a workout and come join me. They're so cute! It made me proud to be teaching them good habits.

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #6  

OMG that is so adorable! Yes, my little one loved to nap 3 times, we had to enforce the 1 nap a day when she started daycare at 2 and she was upset

Well with Little Miss' enjoyment of an early bedtime comes and early wake-up. She's up at 5:15 am usually, but I like it because we can get ready and out the house by 7:15 to do daycare drop off and get me off to work. I think I really have to be more staunch about making it to the gym at lunchtime. A little bit is better than nothing I suppose And maybe if I can summon enough energy after her bedtime.

Thanks for the suggestions Even if I can't work out in the mornings, talking about it helps motivate me in other ways!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hello ladies!!!

You are both welcome to join our group! We don't follow a set plan. Some ladies have been on atkins, some calorie counters, some ladies are pregnant and are just staying healthy. Most of us have kids and some of us are struggling between work/home/ kids/ losing weight.

Sometimes it is best to prepare on the weekends healthy foods. I also do what is called Once a Month cooking sometimes.

OAMC

I can get ya more info/links if you like. Now don't get me wrong, I don't do this all the time just when I feel like it. Anyhow, we welcome all eating plans and our main focus is healthy eating and exercise.

Feel free to come join us!

Hot& Healthy Challenge Chicks
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote