Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #16  

I'm 5ft 7ins, but in my generation, it aint so tall....I'm one of the shortest out of my friends!

My body image sucks anyway, and I admire any woman who carries herself with confidence...get out there and inspire us all, you sound like you have a great approach.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:04 AM   #17  

HI I'm 5 10 also and its so strange becasue I weigh 165 and I were size 14 or 16 US....when your tall people always say..your not fat...but the mirror doesnt lie to me when I see my big buda belley and a big ***. overall my body is thin only on the mid secrtion i do have a problem. that is why I started to diet...the first time in my life. I do also see the difference on pictures...my face looks big. does any of you have trobles losing the few extra pounds...does it take longer than other smaller women? cheers
alex1nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:09 AM   #18  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi I am 5 ' 8" which is pretty tall for a women, and I am big boned. When I was a teenager and pretty much starving myself to be " skinny and like everyone else", I went down to 240 lbs for one month, I looked pale, and tired, and bony. That is why I like the 160's , I have some curves and have always looked healthy at that weight.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #19  
luvscoffee

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi....I'm 5'9"+. First of all thanks AriesBarb for starting the topic. I have gotten down to 177 which is about a 12. I would like to loose 10 more. I am not trying to be "skinny", just healthy for my height. I would be happy being in anywhere in the 160's. It seems that is a popular weight category for our height. I'm glad to know I'm not way off base with that weight range. I am obsessed with the scale. I try not to get on it but I can't help it. I get frustrated if the weight stays the same or doesn't go down. Anyone else feel this way? If I see a change on the scale I feel motivated to continue with this plan.
luvscoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #20  
hara hachi bu

I'm almost 5'11" and I do have a large frame. I have size 11½W "fred flintstone feet" and hands to match. The lowest weight I've ever been at this height was 155, and was probably a size 12 at that weight. My goal weight right now is 170. I haven't been told that I'm built like a brick sh!thouse, but I did go on a date recently and the man commented on how amazingly strong my hands are. Was that a compliment? I'm not sure.

I'm just now coming to recognize and appreciate my body for what it is. Instead of pretending I'm not huge (even if I'm thin, I'm still large), I'm recognizing it and trying to embrace or maybe even celebrate it. Roller derby, anyone?

One of the odd things about being this tall is that I can gain and lose 10 pounds and nobody notices. Even at 260, I don't look as round and soft as my shorter peers of the same weight.

Oh, and I tend to be hourglass in shape.

Last edited by phantastica; 07-11-2007 at 12:46 PM.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #21  

Hi, Im new. I have birthed 11 children...now ages 6 to 30 and I have 6 stepchildren ages 7 to 17. I am 5' 7 1/2'. I dont know if that's considered tall or not. I have read the posts and just agree with what everyone is saying. I weigh 180 or so and no one believes that. BUT I FEEL IT> I went thru a divorce 4 years ago and lost down to around 140 (without trying) or maybe I weighed even a little more than that. But, anyway, I had no idea I was losing so much weight and everybody was asking me "are you sick?"....LOL....I loved looking that skinny but obviously I didnt really look good. And, from what everyone was saying I thought that when I weighed I would weigh like 117 or so...lol...but I was somewhere in the 140"s. I was shocked...because being "skinny" in my mind is weighing 117!!!! I dont have scales and dont weigh hardly ever. Anyway, I am here because I have never "dieted" in all these years. My top weight,not including pregnancies, has probably been 185-190. In the last few weeks when I try to be conscious of what and how I am eating, in order to lose a few pounds, ALL I THINK ABOUT IS FOOD...either what I CAN eat or what I CANT eat!!!LOL My husband's work is taking all the employees to Destin at the end of Aug. I would SO love to look good in a bathing suit and just look good to meet these 300+ people for the first time!!!! You know how that is!!!! I'm looking forward to making friends here too. I live in Birmingham, Alabama........Anyway......for what its worth...theres my "two-cents-worth"!!!! lol
cathylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 245/237/165

Height: 5'10.5"

Default Top Shelf

Hey there Tall Chicks!
I'm 5'10.5" (And yes, the .5" matter because I used to be 5'11" but between back injuries and all this excess weight, I've lost a half an inch!)
I know what you mean about having big (size 11) feet. My hands are "large" but also look refined, so it's great because I can carry off some HUGE rings. It makes a lot of girls jealous.
I have to admit, being tall makes it easier for me to "carry execess weight" without too many people noticing except me. It took 10 years for it to creep on and it bothered me the whole time (from 165-168 to 240something). The negative part about that now is that people also don't notice as the weight comes off. I've fluctuated 20pounds due to surgery in the past 6 months and no one noticed. Oh well.
For me, I seem to look "best" at 155. I weighed 145 as a 20 something and people said I needed to gain weight. (I still have a very candid photo of me in a bikini at that weight. Dang I looked good...despite my poor body image at the time.) But seriously, a range of 128 to 175 seems to look good on gals our size. (Sorry, but 130 looks too skinny to me, but I've seen a couple of swimmers my height who did fine at 130).
Growing up I had a problem with my "football" shoulders, but now they seem just fine to balance my hips...and this size bra would NOT look good on really small shoulders. So they work for my body.
I know this sounds weird, but I wish my head was bigger. So often when I look in the mirror I feel like some shrunken headed woman - big body, tiny little head. It just doesn't look proportioned to me.
I'd love to continue a "tall" thread, if anyone else is interested.
Cammie
ShyCammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #23  
hara hachi bu

Cammie, I'm totally interested in a "tall" thread.

That is a downfall, that people don't notice a loss right away. On the upside, it's easy for me to drop larger amounts of weight more quickly than my shorter peers. Unfortunately losing 50 pounds on me probably looks more like losing 30 pounds on someone with a smaller stature. The numbers sound dramatic, though, don't they!

I have a small head, too. It used to bother me, but then I heard that supermodels have smaller head-to-height ratio, too. See? I'm like a supermodel. Ha. I suppose my head looks even smaller when I carry extra weight.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

The upside of being a TALL woman is that if you're obese or overweight, people really don't seem to notice it as much - at least not with the two overweight but tall women I know. No one thinks of them as fat because they're TALL. haha.

I'm not tall, but I am on the higher end of the "average height" bracket. I'm about 5'6 3/4" - 5'7" in the morning, but 5'6" and some change any other time. I'm actually taller than a good portion of my friends. The way I see it, is that anyone more than an inch taller than me is tall and anyone more than an inch shorter than me is short
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Ah, the tall chicks thread!

I'm 5' 11" when I'm perky but get down pretty close to 5' 10" when I'm tired, so I've just listed myself as 5' 10.5". LOL I'm fairly small-framed but have a HUGE, planetoid-sized head, orangutan arms and hands (and boobs!), and size 11 boat feet.

I love being tall! If someone starts up a regular Amazon thread or challenges, be sure to holler about it here so I know. I'm getting lost in all of the different rooms.
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:25 PM   #26  
hinky dink hopeful

S/C/G: 233/160/160

Height: 5'10"

i'm 5'11''. i thought i was big boned until i lost weight and found that i'm actually not that big. my wrists look tiny! especially in comparison to my "man hands". lol. i can't wear bangle bracelets because i can't get them back off. (i had a really scary moment in a department store once.) i also have big feet - 10 1/2 W.

i got down to 145 in my 20s and that was way too low. my bones were sticking out. 163 is a comfortable weight for me. i can eat a reasonable amount and not struggle. and i think i look good... with my clothes on anyway. i may eventually lose a bit more, but i wouldn't go under 155. i generally wear a size 10 at this weight.

Kristin
mehitabelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:20 PM   #27  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Hi everyone, another linebacker here. I'm 6 feet tall and have huge shoulders. I realize that I'll never be skinny, and I've made peace with that. Right now I'm in a 16 (at 257) - but I'll be happy once I'm PERMANENTLY on the "normal" folks side of the store and not shopping on the big girl's side. I'd be super happy to be a 12 or even a 10!

ETA: I have big feet to go along with it...I wear a size 12 shoe.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Hi, I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 152 wanting to be about 145ish. When was in highschool I got up to my highest weight of 197 and lost 65lbs by swimming/running and eating right. When I was 197 I thought I'd always be big no matter what, but once I started getting into my lower weights I realized I was actually pretty small. Now in highschool my lowest was 132 and I don't ever want to be that skinny, but I'd like to be 145 again, just to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Although after two kids I sometimes wonder if it's possible to get down to my pre-pregnancy size, I am only 24 though, so maybe it's possible. The last 10lbs is always the hardest to lose. I like being tall most of them time, but there are times when I see those skinnly little petite girl and want to be like them...then I'll see a beautiful tall woman and think how happy I am to be tall. Women are beautiful no matter what. Oh, plus my husband is my height so I can't wear heels anymore, that kinda bothers me sometimes, but I love him so I have up the high heels for him I guess.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Hey, me again...I just read Cammies reply and saw she said she wished she had a bigger head. I noticed when I had extra weight on me my head looked small too...so weird, but as I've lost weight my head looks very proportional. Also, being tall really helped when I was pregnant because I didn't get really huge, like sticking out there huge, it all stayed pretty compact even though I gained 60 lbs with both pregnancies, all my weight was evenly distributed which was nice!
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:22 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Oh gosh, I have a big head so I can just imagine what it'll look like when I lose weight! Ha ha ha, I think a lot of it has to do with my big hair. I have naturally thick curly hair so no matter what I do I can't avoid the big 80's Bon Jovi Hair!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote