Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #1  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello from the Land of Oz

My name is Ronda. I have lived in Kansas my entire life. (boring, huh?). I am 42, have been married for 24 yrs, have 4 children(2 girls- 23 &15, 2 boys- 21 & 6). Yes, my oldest is 23 and my youngest is 6. What was I thinking?

I started gaining weight with my first pregnancy. I gained about 75 lbs and since she was a normal 7 lb baby, most of the rest of the 75 lbs belonged to me! I gained a little more with the next two pregnancies. So I went from a 140 lb woman to weighing nearly 300 lbs in less than 10 yrs. I did manage to lose nearly 70 lbs with my last pregnancy. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was only 3 wks along. They started me on insulin immediately, 3 shots a day along with the diabetic diet and the weight just fell off.

So, thats some of my story. I currently weigh 227 lbs and would love to get back down to close to 140. It's amazing how I thought I was fat back then!

I really don't currently have a plan to follow. I welcome any suggestions. Maybe I should just go back on the diabetic diet. It obviously worked for me.
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

fellow Kansan!! My suggestion to you is to go to the library and check out a few diet books that look interesting (or ones in general like Thin for Life). This is what I did when I started. I then, took the concepts and ideas I knew I could live with for the rest of my life, and incorporated them into my new lifestyle. I haven't been to the KCKPL in ages, so I don't know about their selection, but the JOCO libraries have awesome selections, and you don't have to be a JOCO resident to get a card.

Good luck!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Hello Rhonda..Welcome! Good luck on finding a plan and much success to you.. You can do this!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

hello! Our female Golden is from Kansas, so she's our special gift from KS and we love her so much and think a lot of where she came from!

Have you spoken to your doc about a proper diet plan? Do you still have diabetes?

Good Luck!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 AM   #5  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

The diabetes went away for nearly a year but as the case with a lot of people who have gestational diabetes, I ended up officially diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic. My mother and younger sister are both diabetic. My sister also has heart disease. She is 38 and has already had 3 heart attacks, a quintuple bypass and 4 stents placed. Also, my dad died of a heart attack when he was only 51. So, I have a lot of reasons to get my weight under control.

Aymster,
My Golden Retriever, Shiloh, died just last year. He was almost 10 yrs old. They are such sweet, beautiful dogs, and very smart.
stranger n my mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Welcome to the forum! There are so many people here with different dieting perspectives that I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works for you. Sounds like you have enough motivation to get yourself going!

Nice to have you on board!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:29 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello Ronda and

I too am from the Land of Oz...not born here, just stuck here, lol.

If you like you can join us on the Jaded Ladies thread in the Support Groups forum. We would love to have ya!

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote