Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 181/174/148

Height: 5'5

Smile Just joined from Sweden

Hi there!

Recently found this place through a magazine and decided to check it out. Glad I did!

I'm 30 years old, living with fiance and our dog in a small town on the Swedish east coast. I've been working as a teacher for the past 5 years and right now I'm enjoying my summer break to the fullest. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my work, but the breaks are truly needed!

I've been overweight since almost as long as I can remember and for the past years it seems like I'm always looking for a new diet to try out. Found a bunch, but almost never got around to trying them...

Three years ago I had a real moment of success though. I had the same starting point as I did this time (181) and I actually managed to reach my goal of 148. When I did my fiance and I started to talk about children. We tried for a while without success and as time went by I started to put on weight again, little by little, thought that I could easily lose it. Well, surprise (uh, not...)! It got totally out of hand and for the past 6 months I've been right back where I started three years ago.

My motivation for losing weight has all the time been that I'm doing it for my own sake. I want to feel better and among other things get rid of the hurt in my knees. Having an easier time finding clothes that fit was also on my list Now, however I'm determined to do this for the sake of my relationship as well. The loss of children is, even though we don't talk of it much, a great strain on our relation. About a year ago we went to our local hospital to get help concerning our loss of children. After numerous of not so pleasant talks and examinations we got a referral to another hospital that specializes in this. The only thing is that they wont do a thing unless my BMI is below 30, since the successrate isn't as good with overweight women.

So, our appointment is for August 14th, and until then I need to lose the weight. I'm now on day 7 in the detox-phase of the "Fat Smash Diet" and it seems to be working. I've lost 7 lb this far, which actually puts me below BMI 30. But why stop now? I'm determined to lose more. The healthier I am, the better the chance to succeed. Right?

/ Nina
Nina 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck. You have made a good start.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Mrs. Determined

S/C/G: 243/ /150

Hi Nina 77,
Wow, you must really love children! I think that is awesome, and I believe you will have children, don't give up on that desire.
Fatsmash Diet sounds interesting. Did you see the celebrity fit club show? Boy they make losing weight seem fairly easy huh!
Well, good luck to you on that, don't get discouraged, just keep going and you'll make your goal.
Take Care!
FitinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #4  

Thank you both so much for your kind words.

About celebrity fit club show: No, haven't seen it. Don't know anything about it. When it comes to tv shows from the US we're a bit behind here in Sweden. Yesterday I watched the finale of Top Chef, season 1. If Swedish TV decides to show celebrity fit club, I guess I get to see it an a year or so... Is it any good? worth seeing?

Take care

/ Nina
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #5  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Welcome...good luck!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Welcome! I just joined as well. I think this is a very nice place to be!

I watch CFC and yeah, they do make it look easy (I also think they have meals delivered to them...) but the motivation I get from the show is inspiring. Hope you get it soon!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #7  

Wow, sweden...awesome.

Welcome and well done on your good start.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #8  

Post Guess what..... !?

My appointment is for tomorrow but I've just cancelled it. I'm PREGNANT ! Didn't reach goal weight, but reached my goal anyway. Don't know what happened.... (Well, I guess I do )

Suggestions on healthy diets while pregnant appreciated. Don't want to gain too much during the next 8 months.

/ Nina
Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #9  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Yay another chick from Sweden! i'm from Småland myself. welcome, and congratulations!!!
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Welcome, Nina ~

And **congrats** on your !!!

How exciting for you and your DF!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote