Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/115

Height: 5'7

Smile The New Me......Hopefully!!

Hi Im Lindsey and Im 15 years old. I'am a little overweight. I have been trying to lose weight but its not really working for me. Right now I weigh 140 pounds right now and at school I would get made fun of for it. I would like to weigh 115 pounds by July 31st so I can show everybody that im pretty on the inside as well as on the outside. If you have any questions or and helpful tips for me please send them my way. Lindsey
Lindsey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:40 AM   #2  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Welcome, Lindsey!

I just have a couple of concerns about your goals here. At the moment you've got a BMI of 22, which is perfectly in the middle of the healthy range - a healthy BMI is 19 - 25. If you were to get to 115 lbs, you're going to have a BMI of 18, which would mean you're under your ideal weight.

The other concern that I'd have is the time you've allowed yourself to lose the weight. 25 pounds in a touch over a month is about 3/4 pound a *day*. That's an extremely high rate and while you'll be able to maintain it for the first week or so while you lose your water weight, there's no way you're going to maintain that for that amount of time.

What plan are you using to try and lose weight? What exercise are you planning on doing. Have you thought about looking at toning up rather than trying to lose weight - you'd be amazed at the difference that can make.

Good luck, although I think you need to take a step back and look at your goals again, because I'm not sure that you're going to be able to meet your deadline.

Nicole
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote