Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #1  
athlete in training

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'9"

Default Hola - new member =)

Hello. Yet another introduction from a new person who's decided to make a healthy difference in their life.
My name is Beth, and I am currently 15 years old and weigh in at 131 lbs at 5'8.5"
My goal is to loose 6 more pounds; and to go from 20% body fat to 15% body fat. The main concern for me in the body fat.
I am recently diagnosed with a heart condition, and I want to be as healthy as I can be.
I want to learn my limits in exercising and daily activities, and eat well. ( Even though my family doesn't. They live on fast food and pizza. )
I purchased an e-book awhile ago called Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle (BFFM). I hope to use this as a good tool in my fat loss; and my lifestyle changes.
Well, that's me in a nutshell. I know this website will be great for support and a good source of information too.
Thanks for your time.

-Beth
subLIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi & Welcome! You should be able to find lots of support and answers at this site.

There is a teen group that you can get to under 'support forum' then 'support groups' and finally 'teen introductions'

Good luck!
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Hi there! I hope you achieve the better health you are seeking!

However, you are already quite slim and 20% body fat is great! It's considered excellent! 15% body fat is usually only seen in women in elite runners and other really hard working athletes. Not to say that you couldn't do it! But it might be really difficult to get to. It might be an unrealistic goal. Just take the time to evaluate if that goal makes sense for you!
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #4  
athlete in training

S/C/G: 135/131/125

Height: 5'9"

Thank you both for welcoming me.
I didn't know there was a teen introduction thread/group but I found them. Thanks for the help settie!
Kilketay, I understand that 15% is a lot to strive for, but I know I can do it given the time and perseverance. There's a lot of emotional strive I have to complete this. Just do it - as Nike says.
subLIME is offline   Reply With Quote