Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/209/135

Height: 5'7

Default Hello! Newbie here!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, and forums in general, so I hope I get the hang of this.

I'm motivated to lose weight. My big problem is accountability. I'm looking for a buddy that I can check in with, daily, to have someone making sure that I'm working out. I just want to say hey, I worked out today, and to have someone to hold me to it by just being supportive.

Is anyone interested in daily interaction? Please

Thank you!
blue apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:47 PM   #2  

Default Hola

I'm new here aswell and I would be glad to be your weight loss buddy! I've got quite a bit to go and have a very supportive boyfriend, but I need something everyday to keep me in check. If you're interested, let me know!!
ShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #3  

Default Buddy System?

Hi - I just read your post and am also new to all of this. I have tried dieting on my own and failed (more than once) and don't want to enlist one of my super skinny buddies to help. Maybe we can help each other out? I am also 5'7" and have similar weight goals. 206/150 Anyway - if you want maybe this can work. Let me know, and either way - good luck with your day!
kaye983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals!

One of the great things about 3FC is that you have as many buddies as are on the site at any given time... just post on the forums! For example, we currently have an "accountability" thread going in Support where you list your daily menu. And we have monthly "weigh in" threads. In addition, there are specific plan forums.

So, enjoy! And stay in touch.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:39 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome! Like I said, I'm kind of new to forums, so it might take me a little bit. Do I PM you Shan and Kaye? Not sure, but I'd love to check in...I have the summer off, so I was going to do morning workouts...do we want to just check in with each other anytime in the day, or at a set time? IDK, open to ideas.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I have the same problem with accountability. I was just thinking about it today and decided that I would get on here and try to meet some people. If you are still interested, I would like to be a part of your weightloss buddy group; it looks like we have similiar goals. I could really use the support. I am doing pretty good with my exercising, but I need to work on the diet part of my plan.
spidermonkey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  

Hi folks! So, seems like we all want check in buddies, do we stay on this thread or begin another??? Does anyone know?

Here are my weaknesses: like to exercise, but hard to get started, I like too many sweets, I have a hard time making the right choices with food...

I need a person, or community, to which I can check in on a daily basis, by a certain time, and share my exercise for the day and the daily eating.

What does everyone else need?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #8  

Absolutely, I need a check in buddy. I think that if I knew someone else was checking up on me I would do much better.

I also like to exercise, but I have to do my workout first thing in the morning before the kids get up. The hardest thing for me is making myself get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 5am. My husband is an enabler because he will be so sweet and say "you don't have to get up if you don't want to." That makes it really easy to roll over and go back to sleep. Of course when the kids do finally wake me up at 7:00 I feel pretty bad about myself since I did not get up and exercise.

So basically I need someone/somewhere to check in daily to post my exercise and food intake for the day. I would also like to have a weekly weigh in. I like to weigh in on Monday morning, but I don't have anyone to really talk to about it. My husband is great and supportive, but I need someone that is going through the same thing.

Maybe we could set up a community blog that we could all post to. I saw a mother/daughter on this morning. Just a thought.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:30 AM   #9  

Aw, darn, I just got done with the school year, so I can sleep in a little later, but beginning in Sept. I'll do the 5 am workout, too. Until then, I'll get up at 6:30 and workout...then we can check in with each other. It looks like we have a similar amount to lose...too much!

How do we go about what you suggested??? I'm all for it!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:22 PM   #10  

Good question! I just set up my own personal free blog, but I am not sure how we can do a community one. We may just have to set up a new thread somewhere. Does anyone else have any suggestions or know how we could do this?

I am also a college student! I wish I could have taken the summer off, but I needed to take a couple of classes.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #11  

Sounds great! I'm a teacher, a lifetime student, if that matters

How did you lose 6 lbs? Diet? Exercise? I know I need to cut out sugar, and lately (end of year) I've been eating out waaaay too much, so I'm gonna start with those 2 things and begin a morning exercise regime which will be cardio (15 min. 2x a day), 1/2 hour pilates, and 15 min. strength training 3 x a week. I really want to take off this weight, but I suck at maintaining a program, so I hope having buddies will help.

Do we post a thread under "accountability"?
Old 06-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #12  

I lost the six pounds pretty much with diet and exercise. I mainly focus on cardio and I am doing pilates a couple days a week and some strength training (I have a Kathy Smith video that I do.) I do all of it at home because I have a hard time getting out to the gym. I also have a hard time giving up chocolate (my fav.) We eat out way too much. We have started limiting how often we eat out and how much red meat we eat at home. I have also replaced sugar with splenda.

Did you find an accountability thread? I have looked but have not found one yet.

I started writing down my foods today!
Old 06-13-2007, 04:55 PM   #13  

Wow, SpiderMonkey, we have a lot in common! I, too, enjoy Kathy Smith videos! She is 50+ and I can only dream about looking like her.

I found a sub site under exercise...there's a June accountability and I think we could begin our thread there. I'd personally like a daily check in as opposed to once a month. What do you think?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #14  

I like the daily check in too. I think it would help me stay on track. We could always just send PM's each day too if you prefer. I am gonna go check out the June Accountability.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #15  

Let's PM until we set something up...you'll be working out earlier than me, so I'll check in, work out, and PM you...I'm thinking I'm young enough (36) that I can do this without too much pain, especially having a buddy. There were 2 others who were interested too...I'll PM them and see what they think.

Ciao til tomorrow! Have a great morning workout and don't give in to sugar tonight...I won't either