Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #1  

Default New Everything!

Ello! My name is Shannon, I'm 20 years old, from South Arkansas, and I am brand new to this forum! This will be my first time to try and lose weight. Recently, my boyfriend, Jason, and I have taken a lifestyle change. He is already at a good weight, just trying to stay in shape...myself, on the other hand, needs a little more work. We've started to walk together, usually about two miles a day....and we've purchased bicycles and began to ride around town. This weekend we went out of town and road around the state park. I have tried to stop drinking so much soda pop(my addiction)...and am trying to do better proportion wise. Any tips?
ShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey ShanShan!

Your new increase in exercise is a really positive step! Keep up with that. As for the soda "addiction," one thing I do is to dilute the soda with plain sparkling water. You may think that sounds yucky--and at first it will taste diluted. But as you get used to it, you'll find that it's just fine--and you save at least half the calories.

Of course, drinking plain water is a good idea too! I often add a wedge of lemon or lime to the water--helps make it better tasting.

Do you have a specific weight loss goal? Let us know.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #3  

Hey! Thanks for the response!

I would like to get down to 140lbs, which is roughly about 65 lbs. I don't feel like I look so overweight, but I feel it. People keep asking me if I'm pregnant (which is so innapropriate) and it doesn't help having a mother that weighs 110lbs....people always want to make a comparisson. I just feel big and would love to go to the mall and buy clothes from there.

I just tend to talk myself into eating when I don't really need to. I would like to find the balance between exercising and eating healthier....and at the same time, be able to eat out every once in a while and enjoy it.

It all boils down to wanting to see the numbers drop!
ShanShan is offline   Reply With Quote