Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:06 AM   #1  

Default Reclaiming my life

Hi, another newbie ready to make some changes. I always say I'll pig out one more day and then start "tomorrow." Liar! After kidding myself for years I am ready to put myself out there. It took me seven years to gain nearly 100 pounds and that was preceded by numerous ups and downs. There are many days I wonder if I'll survive beyond age 40. It has gotten to the point where I'm afraid of looking for a new job and I'm ashamed to socialize with friends and relatives.

Guess what? I'm not good at dieting. I need a complete lifestyle overhaul. Extremes don't work for me, so I'm going to make small sensible changes that will work over time. More than being thin, I want to be healthy, I want to feel well, and I want to live a normal lifespan.

I have been lurking here for months and I'm really looking forward to being part of this community!
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:45 AM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Your attitude seems very sensible and you are so right about starting now. I've always struggled with a "bit extra" (albeit that that bit has varied by 15lbs) but I always put it off until I realized that I've put it off for 20 years. If you've been lurking here already you'll know all about the great forums so jump right in and get losing.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 AM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome! You came to the right place and you can do this!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:17 AM   #4  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hi , this is a great place to be, I understand where you are coming from, I am a SAHM who needs a job, but I felt being so fat, who is going to hire me, I used this as an excuse to stay home, and eat more, but when my health started declining, I stopped and decided to do something about it. I am still unemployed, but I know one day I won't .
This is a great place to be, there are lots of great support groups here, look around and find the right place for you. Good luck Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #5  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

HI!

You really HAVE come to the right place! I NEVER thought I'd be able to change my life, and my EATING EVERYTHING IN SIGHT AND THEN SOME!, but this place is amazing. I come every single day, even if it is just to pop in and out again - but it keeps me on track whether I am having a good day, and a bad day or whatever.

You sound like you have a sensible plan - we're glad your here! Keep checking in and let us know how it's going - good luck!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:20 AM   #6  

Thanks for the encouragement, everybody. You guys are an impressive bunch. I appreciate the positive feedback about my "sensible" plan. I have tried plenty of unsensible plans and look where it has gotten me. No more! I am really looking forward to working with all of you "losers"!
Late Bloomer is offline   Reply With Quote