Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/255/180

Height: 5'9"

Default New here

Hey, I'm new, looking for some support. I've always been overweight for as long as I can remember. When I was young food was a type of power contest between me and my dad, so I would consume as much as possible, far more than I should have eaten, and gained weight rapidly. I've been dieting on and off since around the third or fourth grade, but I never took it all that seriously. I would get discouraged and go off my diet, pretending that I didn't care about my weight.
I'm starting college next year so a few months ago I decided to get serious about dieting. I still have a long way to go before I hit my goal weight. My main problem at this point isn't going off my diet or cheating, its that I eat too little and unhealthily. I've been losing weight far too rapidly, feel weak most of the time from not eating, and so on. I only consume between 600-800 calories a day, and I know thats unhealthy so I'm trying to adjust my diet to be healthy and still allow me to lose weight.
jane15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You have had a significant loss already, but you must eat more calories or risk losing your health.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi, welcome to the site, and congrats on the weight loss!!! But I agree the calorie intake is way too low. From what I have been told and read , you need to eat enough calories to lose weight and feel good, if you eat not enough calories, you will mess up your metabolism, and get sick. You can do the weight loss slowly eat ok to feel good and still lose weight. Good luck on this weight loss!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #4  

Hi....
I used to eat 600 to 800 calories...but then I hit a plateau...and read about how much I should be having daily...since then I upped to 1200 to 1300 and I'm actually losing more.....be careful because your body might go into the starvation mode and stop losing weight....or because of the rapid weight loss...after you reach your goal you might gain weight back fast....try adding to your calories veggies and fruits until you get to 1200, I know it's scary to think that it might make you gain weight, I went through the same thing. But I feel so much better now.....Good luck..
sunshine900 is offline   Reply With Quote