Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.6/176/165

Height: 5'6

Default Hi! One more newbie...

Hi everyone!

I've been visiting this site all week and decided to finally join today. You seem to have such a supportive community and I would love to be part of it.

I'm 25 and have been married for less than a year. I've been on and off of WW for about 5 years. Usually, I would be good for about a month, see some results and then quit. I never meant to quit, but after rewarding myself with something sinful (mmm...Junior's cheesecake), I would be so disappointed in myself, I would think - why bother? I've been up and down the same 10 pounds for years. Was down 10 for my wedding last year, but up 12 by New Year's Eve. Around March, I decided to give it one more try. Something clicked and almost 11 weeks later ( ) I'm still doing WW and down almost 12 lbs It's been hard, I've gone over points almost every week, but I'm still motivated to keep on working the program.

I've found lots of motivation on this site and I hope to be able to receive and offer support to others
nar702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Nar702

Welcome! I'm 24 and -just- got married on April 21st, so we're in somewhat the same boat.

We call what you'd been doing the "All or nothing" mentality...meaning "well, I ate that piece of chocolate, the whole week is blown now, might as well eat some more". A lot of us have had success switching that mentality to one that says "well, that wasn't the best choice. Ah well, on with my day as planned" and getting right back on track.

We have lots of WW folks here for support, or post in the general areas. A lot of the challenges we face are the same no matter what plan we follow.

Keep posting - I look forward to getting to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:13 PM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome!

you can do this!!!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

You are living proof that it's okay to not eat 100% healthy 100% of the time and still lose weight. You said yourself that you've gone over your points almost every week and still lost 12 lbs! That's fantastic! So next time you "slip up" don't beat yourself up, remember that what you ate for THIS meal isn't the only thing that matters, it's what you eat for the next meal and the next day and the next week. If you keep it up the weight WILL come off!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #5  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome!! Learning how to stick with a diet, especially after you've indulged a bit more than you intended, is one of the biggest obstacles to permanent weight loss. I'm sure you'll find lots of great support on here to help keep you on track. Good luck with your goals!
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #6  
Ravenclaw Prefect

Hi nar702! I know that if you stay determined and dedicated you can reach your goal.
DesDiamondS is offline   Reply With Quote