Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #1  

Smile Hi! I'm New and scared!!

My name is Joy, but I haven't been feeling very joyful lately. I am 5'0" and about 235 lbs. I'll know for sure when I get a physical on Tuesday. I am type II Diabetic and have binge problems. No purging. For about 2 months, I've been bingeing on sugar products...not good at all for my diabetes AND I've gained weight for the first time in a long time. Before this, I had been losing by eating Lean Quisine and Healthy Choice for dinner, Rice Krispies + blueberries for breakfast and a p&j sandwich for lunch. I had ankle ligament surgery in Nov. of 06, but have been immobilized from the injury since Nov 05.
I can now walk for about 10 minutes 3-4 times a day and am still in Physical Therapy.

Right now, I am feeling horrible about myself. I NEED to stop ordering ice cream and candy bars online, which is how I do my shopping...no car and can't ride a bus, yet. Oh, and sugared cereals. Might as well tell the whole truth here! I WANT to start over, but am so scared. It is soooo hard to stick with things when I don't see big results. I am hoping to find help and cheerleading here. I'm glad I found this site. I found it while looking for a review of Shapely Secrets! which I now won't be purchasing!

I am 41 years old, auburn, naturally curly hair, green eyes and a short, round body...apple shape...uggghhhhh!!! If God had only given me HEIGHT!!

Anyway, looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Joy
carealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:39 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JOY . . .

-- You have definitely come to a great place . . . it is full of people who definitely CAREALOT about each other and about the support we all need as we travel down the long, bumpy road to better health and fitness. It is not an easy or a quick journey, especially for those of us with Diabetes. Believe me I know how you feel and I know how easy it is to just want to hide your head in the sand about this silly, nasty disease we have.

It is, however, a journey that we can all make together. It is truly amazing how much it can help to be able to chat with others who understand what you are facing. We have a special place here at 3FC called the DIABETES SUPPORT FORUM. Here is a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203 . . . have a look around . . . there are lots of informative threads (Stickies) including one (Getting to Know You) where you can read some information about our regular posters and tell us some more about yourself, if you like.

Then, come on over to this link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111353 . . . which is to our regular 'chat' thread for the month of May. This is where most of the regulars hang out and . . . well . . . chat. . . . about our Diabetes and about our struggles to lose weight and get healthier, and about just about anything and everything you can imagine.

Once again, Joy . . . welcome to the group. Hope we will be seeing you on a regular basis, Chickie . . . together we really can do it. Hope to see you soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/219/160 (current size: 16)

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Welcome!

Hi Joy,

Be proud of yourself for taking the first step to success: recognizing you are making poor choices in what you eat. That, I think, is our very first step towards progress! For me, I make good choices most of the time, but I eat way too much!

There is a 40-something forum I've been looking at this morning--I think that is where I'll be reading and posting a lot! I just turned 44 myself.

Deborah
DeborahB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #4  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

Hi Joy, welcome!

This site is great...it has already helped me alot and Ive only been a member since May 1st lol. You really will find great help and wonderful support here!
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck to you.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/214.8/185

Height: 5'7"

Hi Joy!!!
I'm brand new to this too, but I know we can do ANYTHING we want to do if we support each other. I relate to the feelings of despair and shame, more than I'm comfortable saying right now. I think it's pretty common for overeaters in general though.
But all we can change is the present, not the past, so I've joined the Labor Day challenge forum. My biggest trigger food is refined sugar, and I'm going to eliminate it from my diet. I found that fructose or artificial sweeteners are way easier for me to handle and not get insane food cravings.
I wish you all the best, and hope to see you around the site!
-Bonnie
CytoBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carealot View Post
My name is Joy, but I haven't been feeling very joyful lately. I am 5'0" and about 235 lbs. I'll know for sure when I get a physical on Tuesday. I am type II Diabetic and have binge problems. No purging. For about 2 months, I've been bingeing on sugar products...not good at all for my diabetes AND I've gained weight for the first time in a long time. Before this, I had been losing by eating Lean Quisine and Healthy Choice for dinner, Rice Krispies + blueberries for breakfast and a p&j sandwich for lunch. I had ankle ligament surgery in Nov. of 06, but have been immobilized from the injury since Nov 05.
I can now walk for about 10 minutes 3-4 times a day and am still in Physical Therapy.

Right now, I am feeling horrible about myself. I NEED to stop ordering ice cream and candy bars online, which is how I do my shopping...no car and can't ride a bus, yet. Oh, and sugared cereals. Might as well tell the whole truth here! I WANT to start over, but am so scared. It is soooo hard to stick with things when I don't see big results. I am hoping to find help and cheerleading here. I'm glad I found this site. I found it while looking for a review of Shapely Secrets! which I now won't be purchasing!

I am 41 years old, auburn, naturally curly hair, green eyes and a short, round body...apple shape...uggghhhhh!!! If God had only given me HEIGHT!!

Anyway, looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Joy

Glad your here.

I'm new too and was looking for some online support to help with my food problems.

Thanks for everyone's participation here.

Robin
robint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #8  
Mistyblue_68

S/C/G: 254/2/170

Default Hi Joy

Welcome here. I have been away awhile but back to do this again. This is a great group of folks and support is what you get with success and even when you fall off the horse, someone is always here to cheer you on!

Last edited by mistyblue_68; 05-06-2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: avatar
mistyblue_68 is offline   Reply With Quote