Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #1  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

Smile Howdy from Texas!

Hi everybody!

My name is Ann and I live about 30 miles outside of Dallas. I'm 26, in graduate school and work at a public library. Overall, everything is going well, I just feel like now is the time when I need to take control over my weight. I'm not going to get younger and I can't keep letting my weight be an excuse for not living my life to the fullest. I've been chunky all my life, so I've never known what is was like to be thin. I know that my body will never be what most people conventionally call thin, but I would like to be at a healthy weight and have more energy. And secretly I would like not be the "fat friend" anymore.

I guess that's about all for now,

A.
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #2  
Dieting Diva

Hey Ann !
I can see the green building downtown if I ride my horse to the top of the hill ( on a clear night).I bet I am 60 miles in the opposite direction !
Welcome ! I understand your troubles- Mexican Food and BBQ !It can be handled- just one meal at a time !
At 26 you are still pretty young and sounds like you have a great job.
Glad to see you here and hope it all goes well.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by libchick View Post
I know that my body will never be what most people conventionally call thin,
A.
And why can't you have that body? Whats stopping you? Cmon girly... you can do it! Just one pound at a time...! You can have any body you want as long as you're willing to work... cry...sweat...scream...laugh... and eat for it!! Make it a lifestyle change and you won't regret a thing! We're all here to support each other and I know you can do it with a bit of perseverence.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #4  
same me, only less

Height: 5'8"

Hey we're practically neighbors!

Thanks for the support and you’re right about the Mexican food and BBQ.

Taking it one day at a time,
A.
libchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:49 AM   #5  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Welcome Ann to the forum here you will find a great deal of support and the opportunity to ask questions. I have found heaps of healthy recipes to try out which users have kindly shared with the community so for the first time I in my life I feel that I can obtain my goal and I am sure you can too.

purpleorc
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote