Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Red face Alittle advice please

I have a quick question I have been reading the forum and some of you are doing other diets then just counting calories and exercise. Is it better to join another diet program like WW or SB or even The biggest loser club??
MJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh Wow . . . that is such a personal decision. In the long run, weight loss boils down to taking in fewer calories than your body is using . . . how you get there ???? well, there are so many viable options. Different plans suit different people.

I would suggest that you just hve a really good look around this great big site and see if any one kind of plan catches your interest. Feel free to jump in and start asking questions anywhere . . . I know you will be welcomed wherever you go.

Good luck on your journey . . . You've definitely taken and important first step on the long winding road to better health and fitness by coming to 3FC.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

For me it just boiled down to how much structure I wanted. I tried a more structured diet plan before and I had a hard time with it, any time I slipped up or missed a work out I started feeling embarassed and sheepish, if I couldn't follow all the rules all the time I felt bad and gave up. So for me, personally, I'm not doing a specific plan. Last year I lost 30 pounds, I started out doing a modified Atkin's diet and I couldn't stick with it for more than a week, it was so frustrating, so I gave up the structure and simply ate less, chose healthier foods and walked every day, the flexibility really worked for me and I didn't have to worry about feeling bad because I was letting anyone else down or doing worse than everyone else, etc.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Pick the diet that works for you and one that you will follow.It is ok to experiment until you find the right fit.I, personally have been on many diets and find calorie counting is best for me.Good luck,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Like the other posters said! It's up to you. Do you like to cook? What kinds of food do you like? Do you like having things structured? How structured? How much leeway do you want? Do you have a family to cook for? All of these things can help point you to a plan you can work with.

You can read posts in the individual diet threads for many of the different plans to get ideas. Scroll down to Diet Central on the main forums page.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #6  

As everyone else said, do what is best for you. Atkins did not work for me (not bashing, just not for me)
So do what you can do FOREVER. Eat less and move more. That is the basic principle
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi MJ83~! and welcome!!

For me, I started out at weight watchers, went on to SBD and am currently calorie counting.

When I first started, I had no idea what I was doing, so I needed something structured. Plus, if I'm not accountable to someone I tend to slack off! So the WW weigh ins were good at keeping me accountable. But I tended to be all our nothing, I couldn't COMPLETELY follow WW after awhile, so I gave up. And gained some of the weight back. So I went to SBD, cause I felt I could eat more, again, when I got to the point I couldn't COMPLETELY follow it all the time, I said screw it, and started to gain some of the weight back.

Currently, I'm eating healty foods and reasonable portions and trying to exercise more. I incorporate things I've learned from a bunch of different diet programs, and what I'm doing currently works for me. If it stops working, I'll change it up.

Like the others said, you just have to find what works for you.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote