Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #1  

Default Now Beginning Diet Number 873...

Hi,

I'm your typical serial dieter. I've tried just about everything under the sun. I keep saying I'm going to lose weight, get distracted by a greasy, but oh-so-tasty, batch of chow mein or a lovely gooey slice of pizza. I think I need to make a change.

I've reached one of my highest weights off all times. It's grossing me out. I want to get back to my lowest weight first (13lb away) and then get down to my goal weight (29lb away). I feel a bit guilty complaining about it. I haven't got tons to lose but I feel that those last 20-odd pounds could really give me a confidence boost.

My main reason for signing up is accountability. That may sound good, that may sound bad...depends on your perspective, I suppose. In the past, I think a lot of my dieting efforts have failed because I think I can sneak in a handful of chips or an extra large, extra fattening luxery coffee here and there. I want to have people help me keep on track. I'm also here for the support. I like talking to other people who are actively trying to lose weight. I think other people in "the real world" get sick and tired of listening about diets. Can't blame them really but would be nice to have somebody to talk to, I suppose.
PeppermintTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 06:50 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, PeppermintTea,

Sometimes I think it may be harder to lose when one has less to lose. Those tempting foods don't seem like they would do so much harm or something. But they do!

You may need to change your relationship with food to keep weight off once you've lost it--that's what many folks here say.

Try checking out the Featherweights forum! It's further down on the main forums page.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 06:52 AM   #3  

Hi Jay,

Totally agreed on the relationship with food. Mine is a mess! That's definitely something I have to work on. I've got to stop looking at it like a treat, punishment, comfort etc. and start looking at it like a source of nourishment.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!
PeppermintTea is offline   Reply With Quote