Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Newbie here, hope to make new friends.

My story.

As a kid I was always a hefty eater, no biggie actually because kids run and play all day. I am a tall child and my family says I grow because I'm a hefty eater and sleeper.(well my dad is also tall ). Anyway I started getting fat when I was 8 and started being obese when I was 10. At 12 I was already weighing at 180lbs(standing at 5'8). My mom enrolled me in a gym with my cousins but it didn't help I still eat at my hearts desire and I stopped going to this certain gym when classes started. I ballooned to 220/240lbs at 14 so my mom decided to continue my gym membership(well it's a lifetime membership actually) in a different branch, I didn't like to lose weight at all. My highest weight reached to an outstanding 289lbs! I made an ultimatum to myself at september 25,2004 that I will definetly lose weight(along came my first crush too ) Losing weight was easy at first from up to 190lbs it was easy. my 180lbs was my weight which became hard to lose, I strictly dieted with protein food(chicken breast only and apple's ,brocollis, oatmeal as my carb) I lost ten pounds in one week!(with help of weight training and cardio of course) then at 175 lbs it became harder. So I tried a STRICT fruit diet which made me lose 10 more lbs at 165lbs I almost look "addict". my lowest weight was 158lbs I was anoerexic and half bulimic.(I wasn't happy I felt guilty when I eat and I was going crazy!) Im now back to 175lbs I want to lose it the right way this time. I hope you guys comment Im standing at 5'11 now and btw im a girl
fluffyislove815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Fluffy!

My future DIL is tall, too. She's 5'10". She dropped about 25 lbs. by becoming vegetarian. She eats all kinds of veggies and says she feels so much better, too. She's a distance runner, so the running and vegetarian lifestyle is all she needs to maintain her new lower weight.
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:26 PM   #3  
Buhbye, saddlebags...

S/C/G: 170/164/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi!

Hi there,
I'm a vegetarian too and a little bit of back story, I went from 200 to 140 two summers ago. I did this with a vegetarian diet that was high in vegetables and lean protein (tofu, seitan, tempeh, legumes and brown rice). I am still a vegetarian and have kept some of the weight off but living with my skinny, fried-food loving boyfriend has really helped me put a few pounds back on Now I am working on getting it back off, plus five pounds. I am glad you are looking for a healthy route to weight loss (instead of anorexia and bulimia) and I think that you will do great!
weeblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote