Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Smile Frustrated but have hope!

Had my thyroid removed two months ago and have been gaining ever since! Very frustrated but hopeful! Would like to get advice from any other people who may have thyroid issues and support from anyone willing to share it! Thanks! Oh and I would love to wear a bathing suit this summer at some point too!

Last edited by SlimPossible; 04-09-2007 at 04:38 PM.
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 AM   #2  
sherri on LAWL

S/C/G: 160/156/130

Height: 5'6"

hiya sjake! i'm new, too! i still have my thyroid, but am hypothyroid. as soon as they got my levels of med right, i can lose normally. it is frustrating and takes some time with your endocrinologist getting your levels right, but it will happen and you'll drop your weight! xoxo
sherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #3  
Crazybusymom!

S/C/G: 370/370/180

Height: 5'9"

Like sherbear I am also hypothyroid. My mom and my brother each had part of their thyroid removed because they were dangerously hyperthyroid. They both are having great success with the atkins plan plus steady exercise. My brother went from almost 400lbs down to a size med Tshirt and Large pants. That is phenominal. His main form of exercise is salsa dancing. My mother just started the atkins rountine a couple of months ago and has steadily lost two to three lbs a week with light to moderate exercise due to a bum knee.

Make sure that you ask your doctor what is safe for you at this point; especially since you are so fresh from your thyroid removal.
Feifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:40 AM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

My mother has Hashimoto, and needs to take medication for life to balance her hypothyroidism, but I know that her doctor told her the weight stabilizes after you've started the treatment. I suppose you need to take some meds as well, so it's probably a matter of a few weeks before it isn't a problem for you any more (not that I know *exactly* how long it takes - for what I know, it may start to stabilize for you next week!).

In any case, hello and welcome here.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote