Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 65 inches

Default Hi, My name is Sara

Hi,
My Name is Sara ,5ft 5 inches, 29 years old and 173 lbs and I have finally decided to do something about my weight. I have always had to fight with my weight but I never really let it get out of control until now. I gained 60 with my daughter but lost it all. But after her first birthday, (she is 2 1/2 now) I ended up gaining it back and am back where I started. I think it is time to address my emotional eating because I doubt I will ever win the war if I dont, just small, hard fought battles. Anyway, I joined a weight loss program at my gym and have to work out 3 times a week and try and eat better..just not getting motivated enough and not getting enough support..so here I am!!..looking for support from those who are going through it or have gone through it already and know what it is like !..
soo that is my story ....looking forward to hearing from you guys as well,
Sara
feelingphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sara, Glad to "see" you here. You'll find there are lots of folks who know what you're talking about.

Great idea to join up with the gym! I just love going to the Y--it's my relaxation time, really helps with the stress.

Good luck with your journey!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Sara!

Welcome!

I am an emotional eater and know how hard it can be to get control over it! For me, I had to learn ways to deal with my emotions without adding FOOD to the mix. Keeping a journal showed me how I was connecting food to every emotion! It was a shocking discovery!

Here are my new substitutions:

Anger...I go CLEAN something!

Stress...I write in my journal or do an exercise DVD.

Sadness...I rest, take a long, hot shower and do my nails.

Anxiety... I look at my photo journal to see my progress...in pictures!

Loneliness... I read, visit 3FC, call a friend, write in my journal, lift weights

Food is the answer to physical hunger, but emotional hunger will NEVER be filled by food. Eating when you are emotional just complicates everything and adds pounds, too!

I started asking myself why I was eating a certain food. If the answer was that I was truly hungry then I ate it. If I really HAD no reason, then I KNEW I was in an emotional moment and needed to identify what emotion I was trying to deal with at the time. It can be complicated at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it!

Cheryl

Last edited by Cheryl14; 04-05-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 65 inches

Thanks Jay, I am working on thinking as the gym as my fun time!...it seems a little hard right now but I think for me just going is a start ...imagine ..excerising to relax...cant wait!
and Cheryl..I read your post twice already and I am thinking of actually printing the tips out!...I think they are a great idea!...I think they may yet become my motto...it feels soo good to talk to someone who actually knows what it is ...my husband tries but well...I guess it is great that he tries right ...thankyou both ..
feelingphat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/155/120

Hello Sara, i am too an emotional eater, specially when i am bored, ill grab some (actually A LOT of it!) chocolate or cookies and stuff my face. I feel good and guilty at the same time when im eating them, but the good feeling goes away right after im finished and then there will only be guilt and feeling bad and bloated.
Welcome and good luck!
jacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #6  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl14 View Post
Hi Sara!

Welcome!

I am an emotional eater and know how hard it can be to get control over it! For me, I had to learn ways to deal with my emotions without adding FOOD to the mix. Keeping a journal showed me how I was connecting food to every emotion! It was a shocking discovery!

Here are my new substitutions:

Anger...I go CLEAN something!

Stress...I write in my journal or do an exercise DVD.

Sadness...I rest, take a long, hot shower and do my nails.

Anxiety... I look at my photo journal to see my progress...in pictures!

Loneliness... I read, visit 3FC, call a friend, write in my journal, lift weights

Food is the answer to physical hunger, but emotional hunger will NEVER be filled by food. Eating when you are emotional just complicates everything and adds pounds, too!

I started asking myself why I was eating a certain food. If the answer was that I was truly hungry then I ate it. If I really HAD no reason, then I KNEW I was in an emotional moment and needed to identify what emotion I was trying to deal with at the time. It can be complicated at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it!

Cheryl
Cheryl some great ideas I might do some of those myself. I never really thought about how I was feeling when I wanted to eat maybe I'll think about it more before eating those chips/ice cream/chocolate.

Welcome Sara.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote