Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #1  
american girl

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'9''

Red face Living Healthier

Hello everyone!

All of my life, I’ve been a bean pole– no offense to bean poles. By the time I had fully grown, I had stretched to five feet and nine inches — destined to spend the rest of my life looking at people’s scalps. Additionally, I’ve always been very thin. My maximum weight in high school was 120 pounds. If you would look up “Skinny Minnie” in the dictionary, a photo of me would surely be right there.

I started college in the fall of 2002. While I was there I did not gain the freshman fifteen due mostly to the lousy food and lots of cross-campus hikes between classes. However, I did go up from a size 4 to a size 6 jeans (New York and Company jeans are my favorite!).

After college, I moved back home where the cooking is good and plentiful. Also, I was prescribed birth control to manage my menses and anti-depressants to help my sleep cycles. Though both chemicals claim weak links with weight gain, my body’s metabolism and chemistry have always been a little strange. I don’t think they are helping matters.

I’ve noticed that my bottom half has been widening in a none too alluring fashion. I had to give up my size 6 jeans for size 8 jeans. There is nothing wrong with being a size 8! It just isn’t me. And if this is going to be a problem, I want to cut it off at the roots rather than wait until it becomes unmanageable.

I’m here to discuss my quest to attain a more toned body and help others achieve the same goal. I want to lead a healthier lifestyle and eat better. That’s why I am here.
bailunrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! This place is full of great information.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey bailunrui,

Sounds like a good goal! Everyone can use some toning and more activity. You'll find lots of different plans here--look beyond the forums for more information and reviews of programs.

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #4  
american girl

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'9''

Thank you for the warm welcome! This forum has massive amounts of information -- I can see myself spending way too much time here.
bailunrui is offline   Reply With Quote