Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'5

Default Hello beautifuls! I'm new, from Victoria BC

I just wanted to say hello. I'm a newbie here and looking for some support and friendship. I have 15 pounds to lose by July and I am feeling overwhelmed! (I do not fit into my bridesmaid dress that sadly is ordered and paid for- ahh!)
Hopefully, I can do it!
Jess06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #2  
Meg

Hi Jess and welcome! Fifteen pounds by July is a realistic goal so don't stress out. That's five pounds a month or just a little over a pound a week. Totally do-able!

Keep in mind that exercise - particularly weight lifting - can help you lose the inches that you need to in order to get into your dress. I sure hope it's a pretty one and not one of those monstrosities that never get worn again. Did you know that there are web sites devoted to photos of Bad Bridesmaid Dresses?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'5

Thanks, Meg!
I really need the encouragement, and to believe that my goal is possible. I had a look at your pictures- so amazing!!

Does anyone know of any particular groups where they would welcome me? I am in my mid twenties, at school and looking to lose under 20 pounds.

Last edited by Jess06; 03-28-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo
Jess06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #4  
Meg

Thanks!

Hmm, how about checking out Featherweights in Support Groups (for people with 20 or so pounds left to lose; friendly group), or the 20-Somethings (also in Support Groups with great people), and there's a College Chicks thread here. If you're doing a specific diet plan, they are forums for a lot of those and even one for calorie counters like me. Don't forget to check out the Exercise forum!

I think you'll find a warm welcome wherever you post, so don't be shy - find some places where you feel comfortable and just jump right in!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM   #5  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi JESS . . .

Just wanted to let you know there is also a CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB and we'd love to have you join us in there, too . . . here's a link . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106341 . . .

Hope you have a great moving and shaking kind of evening, chickie . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote