Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Newbie - Needs Book Advice (Volumetrics)

I am trying to decide whether to buy the Volumetrics Weight Control Plan or the Volumterics Eating Plan book? I am looking to drop 10 pounds and tone-up. I am a 45 year male, 5' 10" tall in good shape basically but when you hit those mid-40's stuff starts to move in places you didn't know it could move too! The pants got a bit tighter and that isn't fun at all. So, I read about these two books and this site actually in this weeks issue of Newsweek and it sounded like something I could actually stay with. I am Italian and LOVE to eat, espcially those breads, pastas, cheese, etc.

In looking at both books the eating Plan actually has menus and recipes which I think would be great for me - I LOVE to cook. I get the basic jist of the plan so I don't think I need the initial intro book

Would love to hear from the group to get their opinions

Peace,

Ben
slider9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi Ben . . .

You have definitely come to the right place for support and encouragement as you travel the bumpy road to better health and fitness.

You are somewhat ahead of us, I fear; I was interviewed for that Newsweek article but I didn't even know it was out yet. Hopefully I'll actually get to see it soon, but things sometimes take a little bit longer to reach us up here in the frozen north.

Personally, I don't think you could go too far wrong with the original book or the newer one . . . the original is about 1/2 recipes anyway. Whichever one you may decide to go with, don't forget to take a look here . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/food-calorie-counts/ . . . 3FC has all the nutritional information for 7000 food items and the listing also includes the E.D. for fans of volumetrics.

Good luck with your weight loss and I hope we will be seeing you again soon. You have a moving and shaking kind of evening, now.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  

Thaks for the advice and the links. I am going to check them out right now.

Also, where did you get that little weight loss bar?

I am 5'10" 175 pounds and 45 yrs old and need to drop about 10 pounds so I can get back into my pants and biz suits
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning BEN . . .

Thought more about it and read through the cookbook again this morning and think that is probably the best for you since you are a cooking fanatic -- me too -- however, you can get the mass-market, paperback version of the original for only a few bucks at Amazon; so you might want to pick it up, too; just because . . .

How to get a weight ticker . . . at the top of any forum page; in the purple control bar, click on "User CP"; then, on the left side of the screen, click on "Edit Signature"; and then just follow the guidelines.

Have a great day . . . see you later . . .

PS:
Actually mine came from "Ticker Factory" which is a site designed mostly for pregnant women but it does work in part pounds (3FC tickers don't) and it allows you to show the BMI, too. Anyway, here's a link, if you want to take a look at those tickers . . . http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticke...r_designer.php . . . Trust me, you don't hve to be pregnant to use their tickers . . .

Last edited by meowee; 03-13-2007 at 09:59 AM. Reason: to add PS
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #5  

pickedup the book and started it last night

so far, so good