Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi! I'm new!

Well, I signed up and have been lurking. I thought I would introduce myself. I do not remember the last time I was under 200 lbs so for now this will be my first goal. Right Now I am trying to eat less. I have thought of doing the calorie counting, but I have no idea how many calories to eat each day to lose weight????

My scale is digital and is always giving me different readings depending on where I move the scale to. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

I look forward to all the support I see this site has to offer!!!!!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #2  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Lois and

I caloried count but I enetered my details onto a programme similar to fitday to get any idea of how many calories to eat. If you post in the claorie counters forum they may be able to help you a bit more.

My advice on the scale is to, um, stop moving it? Seriously, it doesn't really matter what it says. Find a convenient spot to leave it, hop on it a couple of times in a row and as long as it says the same thing when you leave it in that spot then that's OK. You'll then get an accurate picture of whether it's moving down on not and that's what you really need to know.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:27 PM   #3  
ATX Fat Chick

Default Hey...

Stumbled across the site. Lots of great information, i'm excited!
missladee622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Lois, There are lots of places that you can go to get the help with the calorie counting/how many do I need. A good one is sparkspeople.com
It's a good site for recipes too.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 269/267.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lois, I believe I am in the same boat as yourself! I completely agree with the whole "under 200" thing. That's my goal at this point! If you ever need to chat with someone, feel free to PM me! Good luck!
FierceOne is offline   Reply With Quote