Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #1  

Smile Newbie

Hi there

Im Sue, and Im just 42, Ive been trying to lose weight for a good few years now. I was overweight when I had my son, and after 6 months i was the lowest weight I had been in 10 yrs. Sadly it all came back on when my best friend moved away. I guess emotional eating is my biggest problem as my DH works away 95% of the time and with a 3 yr old I get tired and I really HATE that. My Family are in the UK, my DHs family are all over 60 and live a good few hours away so there is noone for support.

I have been a member of a Gym for a few months but got so puffed out at the low impact stuff, I decided to give it a rest (I know I shouldnt have). What with travelling getting sick then travelling again, Im ready to get back on the wagon. Yesterday I debated LA Weightloss but have decided on going back to Weight Watchers this morning .

I will probably be in the support group for a LONG time, but I think thats where my downfall has been...noone there for me (that sounds so selfish doesnt it?).

Sue
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #2  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Sue!

Welcome!

It sounds like you need to take a DEEP BREATH and just R-E-L-A-X! You have a lot on your plate at this moment and may need to take stock if whether this is a good time to take on weight loss, too! I say this because I KNOW that my previous weight loss efforts stalled because I just was NOT ready for all the extra effort that they entailed! I was stressed out from work, from my family, from LOTS of things! To add attempting weight loss on top of all those things was a recipe for failure!

I found that I really needed to get selfish for the first time in my life in order to do this weight loss thing! I'm 55, and I knew that it was now or never for me if I was going to begin to stand up for myself and do what I needed to do to get the ball rolling!

We're here for you no matter what, but you may want to get a piece of paper and a pencil and write down why you want this. Writing down your reasons can help to solidify in your mind how committed you are and also if you have a plan.

Read the many, many posts here from all of us! I'm sure that they will help you come up with reasons to lose weight but, more importantly, WAYS that will help you to be successful at it.

Good Luck!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/270/230

Height: 5 foot 3

Thumbs up Hello All,

This is my first time here. I would like to know how to post my profile in the 100+ group. I see that others have spaces for married, kids, job etc. When I signed in the secion that says bio didn't let me say very much. Please help

This looks like a beautiful friendship.
Inspire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 PM   #4  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sue! Welcome to 3FC!!!

Hello Inspire! Welcome to 3FC!!

Go to the 1st post in the 100 club and copy the information. Then paste it into a reply with your info.
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/270/230

Height: 5 foot 3

Thanks Anita!! Have a great day!!
Inspire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:40 PM   #6  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

You're welcome!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote