Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/245/160

Height: five foot 9

Default First Timer.

Hello, I am a first timer to this site (to any site) I read about this site in the Oprah Magazine and felt like this might be the place to help give me the boost I need. I recently looked in a mirror that I was walking by and thought "She's a pretty big gal!" then realized that the big gal was ME! When did I get to be so big?? How did that happen? I see myself everyday but I didn't really know how big I was. Why wasn't my family saying anything to me? Well I joined the YMCA and started to cook meals that are better for us (much to my husbands dissapointment, who by the way has not gained weight over the years, how fair is that?) I am eating three meals a day and no more late night dinners. So far have lost twenty pounds. It has been slow going especially during the holidays but I already feel better.
teta1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #2  

wow congratulations on the lifestyle changes!!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Default Welcome Teta ...

Hey Teta ... you're off to a great start. Keep it up! For a minute there, I thought you were quoting me. Your intro sounds like a day in my life! BTW ~ you'll love it here. A fellow encourager ... Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #5  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Teta!

Welcome! I notice that you are headed to 160. That's where I am headed, too! As I read your post where you said, "When did I get to be so big?" it really rung a bell! I have been thinking about that very question for the last 70+ pounds of my weightloss! I think that we get so busy wrapped up in the lives of our families, our children's activities, work, etc. that we LOSE OURSELVES! Suddenly, one day when things calm down a bit in our lives, we catch a glimpse of our true self and are APPALLED at what we are seeing! I truly think that I stopped "seeing" myself about thirty years ago!!!

I KNOW that you will enjoy being here. There's a whole bunch of people here who really know what you are dealing with as you lose the weight. That is always a HUGE comfort!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #6  

Thanks forthe reply. Good luck with your goal! your right about getting wrapped up in everything else. So now it's ME TIME!! So far I love this site, I am always saying "that's so true" as I am reading.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Default Also a First Timer

Teta,
Sounds like you have made great progress before joining; hope this site helps. I'm hoping it will for me! So far I have figured out how to post a reply but not make a post myself. (?)
kotapaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #8  

Default Me too!

I have not been able to figure out how to make any posts either, only replys (other then the introduction and i cant get back to that one to figure that out)
As far as making progress on my weight loss goals, I was doing pretty good for a while but I have hit a wall and run out of steam. I don't have very good will power so that's why I joined this site. Putting it out there for the world to see might give me the strength to keep it up.
Good luck with your goals (and posting )
Old 03-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/202/185

Height: 5"4'

Default I new to website, not dieting...

Hello everyone:

I am new to this website. I am not a stranger to diets. I don't even want to call this a diet. I want to change my life so that I can live without constantly thinking about food, and my weight. I am at my highest weight now. Even higher than when I was 9 months pregnant with my kids.

I hope that I can learn to navigate around this site , I have always known that I need some support and hopefully this is the place for it.

any help will be appreciated. ( and with any luck I will be able to find this thread again.)

One day at a time.

Last edited by girlontheloose66; 03-02-2007 at 03:41 PM.
girlontheloose66 is offline   Reply With Quote