Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #1  

Default Well, Here I am.

Hey all. I found this website from looking through diet pill reviews. I am Stephanie. I just turned 30 about 1 week ago, and since then I have felt more down than ever.

In 2003 I was at my highest- 190. I am 5'1. I started a diet in FEB of 2003 and by the end of summer (around august) I had gotten down to 141. That following Jan of 2004 I got down to 137.

Since then, and gradually, I have lost myself. As of this morning, I am 161. 2 months ago I was 150. I don't know why I am gaining weight so quickly. It's thrown me into a depression that I have not known for almost 4 years. I do not know what to do.

I need support, and the strength to get myself back up off the ground before I see 190 again. My goal weight has always been 120-125. I wonder if i will ever see that day.

I have two children, and I work at home. So, I decided to find somewhere I can join and talk about my goals and support those who can support me.. and somewhere in the middle I can find myself again..

I know this all must sound lame but its hard for me to get dressed anymore. I have to do something to change, because if i don't - I will eat more to subdue the pain and... I can't go back to being 190. EVER - again.

My name is Stephanie - I hope you will welcome me.

Last edited by honeybcharm; 02-04-2007 at 05:10 PM. Reason: To put my weight scale in.
honeybcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Stephanie, WELCOME!! Come in and read lots....you will find much support here. Have you thought about following a plan or what type of lifestyle changes you plan to make to start on the road to thinness? It sounds like you've already discovered that diets do not work. They don't work because they signal something in your brain that this is temporary, and as soon as you lose x amount of pounds you'll be done dieting. Dieting got all of us where we are today! The key to weight loss, I believe (as do most of the people at 3fc) is permanent lifestyle changes! Change your attitude towards food and exercise, make conscious choices to eat a healthier way, and you will lose weight....and keep it off.

Surf around the site and read, read, read! Find a place/plan where you feel comfortable and jump in with both feet. There will be someone here to catch you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #3  
Ashley

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Stephanie. 3FC offers tremendous support. We've all been there, done that, with the weight issues so we can all relate to your issues. There are threads with 30-somethings, exercise threads, etc. Like Kelly said, find a thread you like and jump in.
Ashley103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:04 AM   #4  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Welcome Stephanie!!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #5  

Default Hey, Stephanie!!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I'm new here, too, and need to lose 50 lbs. In the couple of days I've been here, I've found compassion and support. I am sending tons of positive, weight-loss vibes your way.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to pm me. My intro is in the post titled 'Need to lose 40 pounds' (actually 40 would be enough, but 50 would be PURR-FECT)!
dhvaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:51 PM   #6  

Thanks for the warm welcome! . Since I lost so much weight the first go round, I know that it is a lifestyle change. I also understand that food is my addiction, and it's my escape when I feel I can't handle things.

I have done good the last 2 days, .. the scale said 160.8 instead of 161.2, it's not much but it's a start.

I went to Target today and got a workout ball, some weights, resistants, and a video. I know, we all get them from time to time and they collect dust...but I have to keep trying...

I am not happy.... I can't imagine living my life like this forever. I might be 30, but I am not 70.. and the 40 years in between I want to be happy, not depressed and wondering what's wrong with me.

How I look contains me from being WHO I REALLY am. I have to find the strength to get back to the lifestyle i choose 4 years ago.. and stay there - forever.

~Steph
honeybcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #7  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Hello and Welcome!!!
Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote