Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/254/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Looking for a Good Club and maybe a Buddy

Hi All,

Just joined today. Here's my life story...Have been overweight since childhood. My first diet was when I was 14 years old and my mom dragged me to a nutritionist. Lost 20 pounds gained it all back within a year, plus some. Gained steadily through my teens and into my late 20's. Went on every diet in the book. Joined gyms and quit gyms. Yada, yada, yada...Wound up at my heaviest at 225 pounds. Went to my mom's doctor (hmmm is there a pattern here?) who put me on a phen-phen drug that gave heat attacks to mice. I lost 75lbs, I was going to the gym 5 times a week, I was buff, I was lean, I was darned hot. Phen-Phen drug was removed from the market. Moved away from my gym, got married. Fast forward...12 years later. I have gained almost all of it back. I have been to WW's, done Atkins, been to Curves (and quit again) I'm 10 lbs away from hitting my highest weight again. As my log in name says...this is my last effort. If this doesn't work, I'm just going to give up and live life plump.

I feel like an addict. I know everything I should know about what to eat and how much but I just can't seem to get over the hump and do it.

I quit smoking this past summer and used a support site for that which I found really helpful. I found this place and hope it will do the same thing for me but there seems to be a lot of clubs.

I have a 5 year old son and a husband. I take Paxil which I know isn't going to help. I'm looking a good support group and maybe a buddy like me. Maybe after reading my tale of woe, you might have some suggestions for me on which group I might fit in with.
LastDitchEffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there LASTDITCHEFFORT . . . . . . You've come to the right place now, girl. Hope you will love it here as much as I do. Take it from a fellow Canadian, there is nothing like the support on 3FC. It really helps so much to be able to share the stuggles we encounter as we venture down the long winding road to better health and fitness.

Just spend some time reading around the forums . . . you'll eventually find a few that really seem to "speak to you". Don't worry about finding lots of buddies. You will be given a great big welcoming wherever you decide to join in. Just jump right in to any of the threads that appeal to you. If you hve decided to follow a certain plan . . . there is probably a special forum for it. If you haven't really decided . . . read them all. If exercise is your big thing, there are special threads for that too. You name . . . we've got it.

Anyway, Chickie . . . you have a great moving and shaking kind of evening. We will all be looking forward to seeing a lot less of you a lot more often now that you've found us.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the best weightloss support site on the web from another Ottawa "girl". I grew up in the West End and lived and worked there until 1998!

As Meowee says, just wander around, read and then hop into whatever group looks interesting!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #4  

Hey, can you be my buddy?

I need to lose 50 pounds, too, and am also just starting out. So someone like you would be just about right for me. I have a DD, too, and am a full-time student cum housewife.

Let me know if you're interested and we'll get started together!
dhvaya is offline   Reply With Quote