Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/203/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone else on the road alot?

Hello,
well, what a wonderful website and forum, you guys are great!
I'm Karen from Seattle-ish and just looking for support and ideas.
My history is that of a yo-yo, but lately I've been travelling alot and- have you seen the size servings they serve in reastaurants?? Add that to a drink or two and the waist line is GONE!
So, I'm creating my own little restaurant guide so I can start eating much better on the road. Just kinda watching calories and fat etc. But some of these restaurants make it hard to guess, kinda makes me mad they truly try to 'hide' the nutrition info from you! But I'm persistant, I have here lots of downloaded nutrition guides..well, whatever- won't bore you!
I have lost a few pounds since I've started, so I'm excited about that.
If anyone else travels alot, let me know!
ThinkThinKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #2  
Relaxation Master

Hi. It might not be considered travelling but I am on the road at least once every two to three weeks. I usually am driving 5-11 hours. I prefer to have my truck with me and I like driving. I am doing this only because I can. I have the time for a few months.
I technically live in Myrtle Beach but still run up to NJ for some work when I want to. I also have a friend in Florida that I see just about every month.
I am in the process of starting a business in SC and with the time in between meetings with contractors I head out on to the road.
Eating along the way is BAD. Just keeps a person feeling bloated.
Eateries are not really "restaurants" along the highway so I always pack the cooler with the things I will be eating and drinking. Lots of raw veggies in small plastic bags. Sometimes turkey rollups.
When I am visiting in Florida we do usually go out to eat almost every night. Filling up on salads and replacing any rice offered with another veggie is a good start. I almost always take food home in a doggie bag. If dessert is ordered we all share it. A bite or two of a great dessert is just enough, really.
I had a hard time finally getting near the goal I wanted I am not going to throw it away on a moulton chocolate brownie.
I also keep a case of bottled water in the truck and a few packages of Crystal lite to go.

Robyn
nybor7 is offline   Reply With Quote