Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 130/125/95

Height: 4'11"

Wink Hello to all! I am new here!

Hello, everyone! I am new to this site. I was looking for support and advice from other trying to lose weight as well. I guess I will begin by telling you all a little about myself. I am going to be brutally honest because I want real advice and support! I am 23 years old and I just recently started having weight problems. I have pretty much been very petite all my life and gained some weight while in college. I guess you could say I did not have a very beneficial lifestyle (physically). I used to smoke, drink, and eat whatever I wanted. After college all that caught up with me. I quit smoking and gained some weight. I took a month off after I graduated college and did pretty much nothing but eat and drink and party. Smart, huh? Well, I went from weighing 115 to 130 lbs. I don't know how many of you gals are 4'11", but when you weight that much being so small, it is very evident. I have had to deal with constant ridicule from my family, friends, and my boyfriend's family. They never said anything "mean" but always those off-hand remarks meant to make you motivated to lose weight but always hurting your feelings. During college, I was the aspiring actress and model. I was in fairly good shape (for not taking care of my body.) I still have those dreams, but feel I cannot have the career that I want being unhealthy and overweight. For a while, I was eating healthy and not seeing any change in my weight. I realized that drinking had a lot to do with it. If I had a glass or two of wine with dinner every night...that is around 300 calories! That is like eating a BIG MAC after dinner every night! It took me a while to realize that the weight I was losing by eating well was being put all back on by drinking those calories in! I had to really take a step back and realize that if I really wanted to lose weight and get healthy again, then I had to wise up. I realized that I was going to have to make some serious changes in my lifestyle to lose the 30 pounds I wanted to. For me, that was very hard because we go out socially a lot and all of our friends drink. It is very hard to say no and deprive yourself when everyone else isn't. BUT, I have been doing very well. I just keep repeating to myself anytime I want a beer or glass of wine..."which do you want more? To be skinny and healthy or to have that drink?" I also had to realize that drinking does not = fun. In college, my friends and I would go out every weekend and drink and sometimes more than just the weekend. So that quickly became a habit and was very hard to break after college. In some ways, I think this weight gain has been a savior for me. I know that sounds weird, but if I didn't put on weight then I would never have had to realize where my life needed change and maturity. So as of now, I am not drinking, not smoking, working out 6 days a week, and keeping my goal always in mind 24 hours a day. My mother called me new year's day and challenged me. She wants to lose 30 lbs as well. She said if I lose more weight than her in 5 months then she would take me on $500 shopping spree for a whole new wardrobe. But, if she lost more weight than I, I had to give her a $200 shopping spree. Sound like motivation? Well, IT WAS!!! So, I have been eating well (low calorie,low fat, low carb foods) and excercising pretty much everyday! My goal is to lose 30 lbs by the beginning of June. I hope this is realistic. Any advice on how I can do this let me know! I know some people may think that 30 lbs. is too much weight to lose but I have done a lot of research on a healthy weight for someone with my frame and height and I don't want to be anything but healthy. I am determined to do this the right way. I am on this site to hopefully gain motivation and support from all of you and maybe even help someone else just by sharing my story. Thank you all for listening and I am glad to be here!
wannabskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/242/112

Height: 5'1"

Hey! Sounds to me like you have a good plan and are motivated and well on your way to that shopping spree! I'm short too and so I know what you mean. Every extra pound we weigh shows and we just can't get away with gaining anything. The good news is that every pound we lose shows too.

Good luck to you and hope see you around here often -- even when you reach your goal. Maybe you can help to keep the rest of us on track.
NeonMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #3  
Go Cardinals!!

S/C/G: 276/221/150

Height: 5'6

Hey! Welcome and good luck with your journey! I hope you stay around so we can cheer you on when you lose every single pound!
Dragonfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote