Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2006, 04:15 AM   #1  

Red face Teenage Stereotype Fat Chick at your Service

I am sixteen, and currently overweight. After several attempts to try to lose weight, and several binges of cookies and ice cream, have decided to take control of my life and become a stronger woman in the process. I will not let men run my life, and will not date men who can not appreciate me as I am.

Am losing wieght for my own health, and happiness.
JaneLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Good for you JL! Have you decided what program you'll be doing? Check out the calorie counters forum and of course lots of exercise will also help.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 08:41 AM   #3  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Good Luck with your journey.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and good luck!!! Your headed in the right direction.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Good for you JL! Have you decided what program you'll be doing? Check out the calorie counters forum and of course lots of exercise will also help.
Am not actually sure yet. My mother is a nurse, so hopefully she'll help me along with it. I am positive I am heading in the right direction with this, and already feel support from this forum. Am hoping it will help greatly to know there are other people out there struggling with weight. A majority of my family on my mother's side has weight problems. My mother however, is the only fit one to be perfectly honest. My father's side is skinny, and after living a year with them I realized its because no one eats on that side, because they're all...strange I suppose. My cousins are home schooled, and don't eat much as they don't do anything but read and eat vegtables. Plus my father's mother eats only when hungry (am quite envious as I eat on a schedule of day to day including various snacks I feel I need)
Old 12-29-2006, 12:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jane! I struggled with my weight all through jr high & high school too & it sucked.
What did it for me then (and what's working for me now) was a balanced diet with a healthy amount of calories plus exercise. I'm not talking running track or hours of some class that only ballerinas can do -- I went for walks, rode my bike & did basic stuff like stretches & touching my toes & push ups and built up from there.
Give yourself a small goal and a reward when you make it. ASK YOUR PARENTS TO HELP!!!! (trust me on this one.) Ask your mom to keep the junk food out of the house for a week. Just a week. Ask your dad to do the same. After the week is over, ask again. Having a mom who is a nurse can be a huge help to you since she will understand more about nutrition than many other people!

Good luck, Jane I'm a HUGE Daria fan too since my friend Julian was the voice of Jake...we're both from Tulsa & went to TU together
OnePerDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePerDecade View Post
Hi Jane! I struggled with my weight all through jr high & high school too & it sucked.
What did it for me then (and what's working for me now) was a balanced diet with a healthy amount of calories plus exercise. I'm not talking running track or hours of some class that only ballerinas can do -- I went for walks, rode my bike & did basic stuff like stretches & touching my toes & push ups and built up from there.
Give yourself a small goal and a reward when you make it. ASK YOUR PARENTS TO HELP!!!! (trust me on this one.) Ask your mom to keep the junk food out of the house for a week. Just a week. Ask your dad to do the same. After the week is over, ask again. Having a mom who is a nurse can be a huge help to you since she will understand more about nutrition than many other people!

Good luck, Jane I'm a HUGE Daria fan too since my friend Julian was the voice of Jake...we're both from Tulsa & went to TU together
Whoa, I am quite jealous of you. I loved that show during my (sit-around-maybe-wake-up-skinny-or-pretty) stage. Still watch it when I can.