Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2023, 03:13 PM   #16  
IP Round #3: 1/3/2023
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,375

S/C/G: 218/193/145

Height: 5'5"/48yo

Default

Hey Ro! I'm almost done with Week 4, I had a few slip ups this weekend (our 17th wedding anniversary), but have tightened up today. I took a page from your book and try to keep things in an IF 16:8 window - it helps to cut down on my late night snacking urges. For some reason myfitnesspal account isn't working today....I'll go check out your YouTube channel tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Hey everyone,
Iím still around. Tomorrow starts week 10 for me.
Iíve been doing Ideal Protein style protocol that Iíve learned is a lot like PSMF in the keto world (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) and PE Diet (Protein to Energy Diet) from Dr. Ted Naiman.
I started a YouTube channel for how Iím applying this protocol to those. Iím doing a lot of recipe videos there plus Iím posting my progress etc.
I have always liked this message board for sharing over Facebook so Iíll keep posting here as long as this is active but it goes radio silent so I started doing these videos as a way to keep myself on track.
Check it out if interested. Itís Losiní It on Keto.

Iím down 38 lbs through 8 weeks.
Iím about halfway to goal.
Feeling tremendous.
I feel strongly that I have discovered an Ideal Protein style protocol but with healthier ingredients and incorporating other learning such as intermittent fasting and good supplementation.
What Iím doing is the easiest way I have ever done this protocol. Iím doing 2 meals a day.

Rochelle
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 09:02 PM   #17  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Hey Ro! I'm almost done with Week 4, I had a few slip ups this weekend (our 17th wedding anniversary), but have tightened up today. I took a page from your book and try to keep things in an IF 16:8 window - it helps to cut down on my late night snacking urges. For some reason myfitnesspal account isn't working today....I'll go check out your YouTube channel tonight!
Hi Liz!
This is a test as I responded to you twice last night and encountered errors both times ugh
I don’t know what’s going on here. I’ve now tried 3 long responses to you and all 3 encountered an error!!! I don’t know if 3 paragraphs is exceeding some size limit or what but how frustrating!
Anyways, Congrats on the anniversary and congratulations on getting right back on!

Last edited by Ro22; 01-31-2023 at 09:21 PM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:37 PM   #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Finding my way back - is anyone around??
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:41 AM   #19  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Finding my way back - is anyone around??
yep, Iím here.
week 11
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:03 PM   #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Hi Ro - it sounds like you are doing great! I have been on and off for a while, thoug have kept off most that I have lost. All alternatives. Getting back on tomorrow, 2/10. I will try to post daily - at least to check-in. Would love some company!

Take care.
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM   #21  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Ro, Liz and OneUh2 - hope you are all around! I will private message just to let you all know that there is someone here and I would love some company! Come on - we can do this!! I remember when this was such a great, busy group!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #22  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Hi Ro - it sounds like you are doing great! I have been on and off for a while, thoug have kept off most that I have lost. All alternatives. Getting back on tomorrow, 2/10. I will try to post daily - at least to check-in. Would love some company!

Take care.
Good for you! Wish I could say the same!
But, no, my weight continues to wildly swing; always tied to orthopedic injuries/surgeries. Iíll get to my goal and Iím feeling this time will be the last yo-yo. But, not thinking about that much right now as Iíve got months to go before I reach my goal. Losses have slowed the last 3 weeks but did bloodwork and it shows an infection as well as Vitamin B deficiency. I immediately started supplementing for the B deficiency but not sure about the infection. I have a doctor looking at the results and hoping when this gets addressed Iíll start to see the 3+ pounds per week loss I had been achieving for first 2 months.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 02:12 PM   #23  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Oh gosh - I hope all is well!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 01:22 AM   #24  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Oh gosh - I hope all is well!
Thanks!
I consult with a dr on Wednesday so weíll see what he says. Iím going to guess my Vitamin B supplementation is working as I lost 4.9 pounds last week which was Week 11 for me.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #25  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

Oh that's great news!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 03:23 PM   #26  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
cactusblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 178

Height: 5'6"

Default

I have been hoping that LizRR and OneUh2 come back!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 03:57 PM   #27  
IP Round #3: 1/3/2023
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,375

S/C/G: 218/193/145

Height: 5'5"/48yo

Default

I'm back...apologies for the absence... Well, I finished my dry January (besides anniversary), and then - we got ICED IN for a week!!! Literally we couldn't leave the house and I got a little triggered/bored/etc and went off track for a little over a week, slowly corrected course a few days ago and I'm back to "IP baseline". I updated my signature to track my swings (you can see my week I didn't WI), I guess it's "good" I only managed to gain +1lb in that time (WI was yesterday). I want to keep that as my running tally and update at least my weekly Tuesday WI's.
One thing a little different is that in the past I would have thrown in the towel "for good" and gone on my terrible way, but I'm finding resolve to get back on the horse and tighten my belt again. Back to keeping everything logged on myfitnesspal to keep myself honest...and it's a good meal planner (and I do like to plan!).
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 04:05 PM   #28  
IP Round #3: 1/3/2023
 
LizRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 2,375

S/C/G: 218/193/145

Height: 5'5"/48yo

Default

I like your "breakfast sausage spice mix" in your Breakfast Scramble video - I use fennel, sage, garlic, thyme, s&p for "sausage" flavor too...funny thing happened a few weeks ago - I went to sprinkle on fennel and the cap was undone and I spilled ALL my fennel seeds in the pan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Hi Liz!
This is a test as I responded to you twice last night and encountered errors both times ugh
I donít know whatís going on here. Iíve now tried 3 long responses to you and all 3 encountered an error!!! I donít know if 3 paragraphs is exceeding some size limit or what but how frustrating!
Anyways, Congrats on the anniversary and congratulations on getting right back on!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:05 AM   #29  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Oh that's great news!!
Thanks!
Yes that was great news - I had been having conversations with myself as a pep talk to not let that get me down and glad I did! Iím still ahead of my goals as I had Feb set for next ďdecadeĒ and hit that on Feb 13 so I have a chance to hit Marchís goal in Feb if I lose a total of 5.2 lbs over the next 2 weeks.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 08:09 AM   #30  
IP Start Date 8/29/14
 
Ro22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 860

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
I'm back...apologies for the absence... Well, I finished my dry January (besides anniversary), and then - we got ICED IN for a week!!! Literally we couldn't leave the house and I got a little triggered/bored/etc and went off track for a little over a week, slowly corrected course a few days ago and I'm back to "IP baseline". I updated my signature to track my swings (you can see my week I didn't WI), I guess it's "good" I only managed to gain +1lb in that time (WI was yesterday). I want to keep that as my running tally and update at least my weekly Tuesday WI's.
One thing a little different is that in the past I would have thrown in the towel "for good" and gone on my terrible way, but I'm finding resolve to get back on the horse and tighten my belt again. Back to keeping everything logged on myfitnesspal to keep myself honest...and it's a good meal planner (and I do like to plan!).
Wow - that would have made me go stir crazy!
I agree with you that weighing having gone through that is a good accountability tool and without it, it would have been easy to throw in the towel. Now, you have your data and in a week or so after you lose, you wonít give that week any attention as it will have been just a blip so way to go!
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.