Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #1  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Default Ideal Protein Fall 2021 Chat Thread (Oct-Dec)

Just a new chat thread for the season!
Old 10-12-2021, 03:05 PM   #2  

Hey IPeeps - So it's been a month or 2....I was going down my "Round 3" for the however many times and I blew out my knee! I pretty much stopped IP and I've just had knee surgery Friday before last (10/1). Needless to say - I'm really starting over again and don't really have the option to cheat since I'm literally bedridden and can't move around much. I'm finally off crutches, but it will be ~2-3 months until I will be 100% so Phase 1 is the best and only option for me. I've gotten rid of all wine in the house and honestly can't really drink anyways since the last thing I need is to trip and hurt myself even worse!
I'm trying my best to channel LizRR from 2012!!!
Old 10-13-2021, 06:13 PM   #3  

I am on Day 3! Again! No cheats! I made it back to Onderland this morning (barely), but yeah...7lb in 2 days...I always get amazed at the first big drop. I'm planning all my meals on the "What Are You Eating" thread, that always helps me to lay out my day, then I log it on myfitnesspal.com Food Diary now to track everything. One of my good friends lost 40lb over the past 18mo quarantine because she logged every-little-thing she ate and DRANK - that's not something I did wrt my wine.

I still have knee pain from my surgery on 10/1 and will be out of commission for 2-3 months. Since I can't really do any exercises I went ahead and bought a Vibration Platform for recovery type exercises. We'll see how it goes - my neighbor got one and gave good reviews, I found one online with damaged packaging and 1/2 off so I snagged it. We'll see how it goes!
https://lifeprofitness.com/products/...ation-platform
Old 10-15-2021, 02:43 AM   #4  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Hey Liz,

I started last Wed. I have too many IP rounds to count. I committed fully to keto in 2018 but have more success with IP version of keto so doing that. I need a good 6-8 months hard core.
I had knee surgery a year ago that really sent me for a tailspin as I was in PT for a year and now it痴 time for me to undo the weight damage that caused.
I知 not weighing or measuring as I値l just go by how my clothes fit for now. I値l start weighing later but I don稚 want the mental anguish of the scale right now.

Good luck on your surgery recovery!
Old 10-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
Hey Liz,

I started last Wed. I have too many IP rounds to count. I committed fully to keto in 2018 but have more success with IP version of keto so doing that. I need a good 6-8 months hard core.
I had knee surgery a year ago that really sent me for a tailspin as I was in PT for a year and now it痴 time for me to undo the weight damage that caused.
I知 not weighing or measuring as I値l just go by how my clothes fit for now. I値l start weighing later but I don稚 want the mental anguish of the scale right now.

Good luck on your surgery recovery!
Thanks Ro!

Yeah....this Round #3 has had too many restarts to count, this one HAS to stick! I didn't handle my pandemic stress very well and admit that I started using alcohol and eating as a mental/emotional crutch. I haven't had a drop to drink since last Saturday when I drank the last of the wine - sadly that's a record for me the past 2 years. And then Sunday I had a pig out meal because I set Monday as my Day #1. Story of my life lately, I'm either at 0 or 100 - I need to find the balance again.

The one "good thing" about this knee surgery is I can't drink, since my balance is off already and the LAST thing I need is to stumble around even more! I'm walking around without crutches now and drove for the first time today!
Old 10-15-2021, 09:50 PM   #6  

My Waver vibration plate came in today! That sounds so dirty, lol. I just stood on it at the lowest setting for 15min with knees slightly bent and I can definitely feel some overall fatigue (I also haven't done anything in over a month).

This isn't something to replace a "real exercise routine", but it's great for me, since I can't really move, and my knee felt fine after! I'm going to try it 3x/wk and increase intensity as I step through. It also should comply with the IP "no strenuous exercise" rule.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:06 AM   #7  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Thanks Ro!

Yeah....this Round #3 has had too many restarts to count, this one HAS to stick! I didn't handle my pandemic stress very well and admit that I started using alcohol and eating as a mental/emotional crutch. I haven't had a drop to drink since last Saturday when I drank the last of the wine - sadly that's a record for me the past 2 years. And then Sunday I had a pig out meal because I set Monday as my Day #1. Story of my life lately, I'm either at 0 or 100 - I need to find the balance again.

The one "good thing" about this knee surgery is I can't drink, since my balance is off already and the LAST thing I need is to stumble around even more! I'm walking around without crutches now and drove for the first time today!
Same thing for me - this must stick but I知 so sick of myself that I know it will. I had so many false starts this year but first time committing to IP this year. It always works.

I知 an extremist too so sounds like we have that in common.

It feels so good to be committed!
Old 10-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Same thing for me - this must stick but I知 so sick of myself that I know it will. I had so many false starts this year but first time committing to IP this year. It always works.

I知 an extremist too so sounds like we have that in common.

It feels so good to be committed!
Well, week #1 down with No Cheats! 12.4lb gone in 7 days...I know this is the first big week whoosh, but very motivating still! Sad to say this is the longest streak in any of my Round #3 restarts, but good news is Week One Done! Started at 206.4 last Mon AM, weighed in at 194.0 this morning. On to Week #2!

No exercise besides using my Waver vibration plate 2x/day @ 15min each, I just stand on it though vs exercising with it. Still recovering from knee surgery, but feeling better daily. I'm off painkillers/ibuprofen and going upstairs & driving now, so my independence is back!

My son is off school today, so trying to figure out my meals and getting him out and about and staying OP!
Old 10-18-2021, 05:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Awesome job Liz!! How exciting!! I am starting tomorrow on 10/19. Thanks for keeping things going here!!
Old 10-19-2021, 01:52 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusblossom View Post
Awesome job Liz!! How exciting!! I am starting tomorrow on 10/19. Thanks for keeping things going here!!
Week 2, Day 2 - still moving along - having any wine in the house is absolutely not an option for me right now. This is my longest streak and definitely alcohol is my trigger. I went ahead and did a few things to motivate me through Phase 1.

I got some "reward points" from work that I can use to redeem gift cards before Nov when they expire. I've decided I'm going to redeem them all for Express (the only women's clothing store option) so I can go on a $300 shopping spree when I meet GOAL! I thought about getting restaurant or gift cards for others - but decided I'm going to spend them on ME!

I also updated my signature to keep me motivated to keep up my WIs here. I figured with "usual P1 losses" it should be 18-21 weeks for me to reach goal. It also reminds me to keep up recording of my WIs to keep track. I log it on MFP too, but this is a more static way to keep on track.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:23 AM   #11  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Well, week #1 down with No Cheats! 12.4lb gone in 7 days...I know this is the first big week whoosh, but very motivating still! Sad to say this is the longest streak in any of my Round #3 restarts, but good news is Week One Done! Started at 206.4 last Mon AM, weighed in at 194.0 this morning. On to Week #2!

No exercise besides using my Waver vibration plate 2x/day @ 15min each, I just stand on it though vs exercising with it. Still recovering from knee surgery, but feeling better daily. I'm off painkillers/ibuprofen and going upstairs & driving now, so my independence is back!

My son is off school today, so trying to figure out my meals and getting him out and about and staying OP!
Excellent!!! 👏👏👏

Today finishes week 2 for me. I知 not weighing- just going by how I知 feeling and I have way more energy than when I started.
I知 really enjoying what I知 doing so I知 committed for the long haul.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #12  

The past 2 days my WI hasn't moved and I was puzzled, then realized two things...First, I think my latest batch cooking has more "extras" than normal (might be pushing some carbs, "Sugar Free" doesn't always mean 0.0), Second it's almost TOM. I know it's not recommended to WI daily, but I've never been too emotional over the daily fluctuations and I want to make tweaks sooner than later if I can.

I made 3 batches of Shepard's Pie today and it is So Satisfying! Definitely going to add this in the meal rotation! I'm pretty basic, the other 3 "meals" I'm fine with same old, same old (Vanilla Premade, Bar, Soup). I still have a few more real meals in the fridge I need to eat too, so this week is set!

I moved my "real meal" to be at late lunch vs. dinner - it keeps me satisfied longer and I need that during the day to keep me from snack/cheating. I'm WFH currently and the fridge is Very Close. I'm also going back to drinking cups of hot herbal tea before bedtime to keep the night time munchies away.

Quote:
Excellent!!! 👏👏👏

Today finishes week 2 for me. I知 not weighing- just going by how I知 feeling and I have way more energy than when I started.
I知 really enjoying what I知 doing so I知 committed for the long haul.
Woo-Hoo! Let's keep up the mojo Ro!!! Week 2, Day 3 is moving along today for me - I can't wait to say I've got Week 2 licked!
Old 10-20-2021, 10:27 PM   #13  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
The past 2 days my WI hasn't moved and I was puzzled, then realized two things...First, I think my latest batch cooking has more "extras" than normal (might be pushing some carbs, "Sugar Free" doesn't always mean 0.0), Second it's almost TOM. I know it's not recommended to WI daily, but I've never been too emotional over the daily fluctuations and I want to make tweaks sooner than later if I can.

I made 3 batches of Shepard's Pie today and it is So Satisfying! Definitely going to add this in the meal rotation! I'm pretty basic, the other 3 "meals" I'm fine with same old, same old (Vanilla Premade, Bar, Soup). I still have a few more real meals in the fridge I need to eat too, so this week is set!

Yep, let痴 keep going! Looking forward to 1 month completion.

I moved my "real meal" to be at late lunch vs. dinner - it keeps me satisfied longer and I need that during the day to keep me from snack/cheating. I'm WFH currently and the fridge is Very Close. I'm also going back to drinking cups of hot herbal tea before bedtime to keep the night time munchies away.

Woo-Hoo! Let's keep up the mojo Ro!!! Week 2, Day 3 is moving along today for me - I can't wait to say I've got Week 2 licked!
Week 3 started today

Maybe try drinking sparkling water in the afternoon- that痴 what I do. It helps.
Plus, I知 doing intermittent fasting as part of IP so I try and keep my meals within 8 hours so I usually eat between 10 and 6 - that way I知 getting extended fat burning and eliminates cravings. I致e been keto since 2018 so incorporated my keto/IF lifestyle into this which is same thing I did last summer.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:34 PM   #14  

Week 2 Day 4 success! And as I thought, my TOM started today, we had last minute plans that kept us out too late for me to make dinner - I had another "snack" vs my planned dinner - but better than binging on something "illegal" while we were out and about.
Old 10-22-2021, 05:31 PM   #15  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Week 2 Day 4 success! And as I thought, my TOM started today, we had last minute plans that kept us out too late for me to make dinner - I had another "snack" vs my planned dinner - but better than binging on something "illegal" while we were out and about.
Excellent! Great job!
Isn稚 it funny that we have had so many false starts and now I know I知 committed for the long haul and it sounds like you are too.
I know some switch got flipped and it feels good.
I wrote down the months as I知 tracking by months so I知 already in the how many months will this take headspace so I知 in it now for a while.
Closed Thread