Old 07-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #1  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Default I'm Back... Because I Can Count On You Guys!

Hey there everyone!

I posted pretty frequently in 2015 when I lost 50 pounds on IP using alternative products. I had wanted to lose another 20-30 pounds but I was completely burnt out, so I took a break with the intention of restarting after a few months of maintenance. I thought I could do it too- I had found that I really enjoyed running so I was running 3-4 times each week, and it really made me care about how I was fueling my body.

And I was doing pretty well for a couple months... but then I got bursitis in my hip. I've done the PT, I do the stretches, but the bursitis ached too painfully to continue running. Even now, if I jog lightly or walk up a steep incline, it returns for the day.

It hurt too much to use ellipticals, rowing machines, etc. I stopped going to the gym. I lost confidence and motivation and started backsliding. Now it's 2 years later and I regained all the weight, plus another 20 pounds.

I only ever was able to succeed while on these boards, so I'm back. Day 1 starts tomorrow- I have lunch all ready, my fridge is stocked, and I don't have July 4th plans, so no temptation. I'm not super pleased with myself for getting back to this point, but I know I can do it, and I know I can regain control and confidence.
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:49 AM   #2  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Hey there everyone!

I posted pretty frequently in 2015 when I lost 50 pounds on IP using alternative products. I had wanted to lose another 20-30 pounds but I was completely burnt out, so I took a break with the intention of restarting after a few months of maintenance. I thought I could do it too- I had found that I really enjoyed running so I was running 3-4 times each week, and it really made me care about how I was fueling my body.

And I was doing pretty well for a couple months... but then I got bursitis in my hip. I've done the PT, I do the stretches, but the bursitis ached too painfully to continue running. Even now, if I jog lightly or walk up a steep incline, it returns for the day.

It hurt too much to use ellipticals, rowing machines, etc. I stopped going to the gym. I lost confidence and motivation and started backsliding. Now it's 2 years later and I regained all the weight, plus another 20 pounds.

I only ever was able to succeed while on these boards, so I'm back. Day 1 starts tomorrow- I have lunch all ready, my fridge is stocked, and I don't have July 4th plans, so no temptation. I'm not super pleased with myself for getting back to this point, but I know I can do it, and I know I can regain control and confidence.
I remember you, Shark! I restarted on June 24 after letting old habits get the best of me. I regained almost 50 of the 136 I'd lost in 2015 and am determined to get that off, and maybe a bit more. I was only 16 pounds from my original goal of 150 when I backslid. I know we can do this!

Last edited by frawniemae; 07-03-2017 at 09:49 AM.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #3  
I can do it again!

S/C/G: 194/191/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Hey there everyone!

How could anyone forget you and that adorable avatar?

We did it before and we can do it again! Rahr!
marcibeaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:54 PM   #4  

Hello Everyone! You all could be telling my story. I lost 30 lbs on IP, and have gained about 20 of it back. I feel really out of control. I'd like to do the IP alternative products diet. Shark, would you mind sharing your meal plans for the next few days so I get an idea of how it's done. I know I can find more info about the alternative plan if I do the research, but if you would share it will give me a quick start! Thanks.
IDPOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #5  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDPOTS View Post
Hello Everyone! You all could be telling my story. I lost 30 lbs on IP, and have gained about 20 of it back. I feel really out of control. I'd like to do the IP alternative products diet. Shark, would you mind sharing your meal plans for the next few days so I get an idea of how it's done. I know I can find more info about the alternative plan if I do the research, but if you would share it will give me a quick start! Thanks.
Check out this thread for my daily eats. I use both IP and IPA. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...er-2017-a.html
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #6  

thanks for your tips.
IDPOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #7  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Aw, Frawnie and Marci! Glad to have your girls with me, though wish it weren't like this!

IDPOTS, my usual menu looks something like this-

Breakfast: RTD shake- this is where I cheat a little, because I hate most RTD shakes. I drink Atkins Milk Chocolate which is too high in fat, but when I'm not being lazy, there's a berry shake and a mint chocolate shake I used to like on Nashua Nutrition that I would make. Going to have to track those down in a couple months- I add a shake to my day when I workout, but having two Atkins shakes a day is a little too cheaty for me, so I make a shake in the morning and have an RTD after the gym.

If you like them, I know EAS Advantage shakes are on plan, and a lot of people love them. To me, they taste like creamed corn. :/

Lunch: Spinach salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and two hard boiled eggs. I like to marinate the red onions in a little tupperware of apple cider vinegar overnight to take away the acidity, then dump it into my salad as dressing. I also keep little bottles of acv and olive oil in my desk at work for dressing.

Snack: I usually get snacks from Nashua Nutrition- I love the chocolate and caramel soy balls, and I like some of the oatmeals and cheesecakes. If I'm already full, there's an orange protein drink mix I really like.

Dinner- Turkey burger with mustard and sauteed zucchini on the side, or Asian chicken with broccoli (marinate the chicken in soy sauce, splenda, red pepper flakes, acv and a little sesame oil), or once a week I'll have grilled steak with oven roasted green beans.

If you have POTS, I would talk to your doctor first and go over the nutritional value of your meal plans... I know it harder to lose weight with POTS, but doctor's orders come first!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Sharkie! Welcome back! You can do this! You have experience behind you. Have you considered running in deep water with a flotation belt? Best thing for rehab exercise and a great way to get an actual workout without gravity stresses. Even racehorses use water rehab

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:14 AM   #9  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

Liana, you are a genius! I never thought of that and will definitely try that out!
Old 08-07-2017, 04:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Sharkie. How's it going with the physio-rehab?

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote