Old 01-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 95.6/75.6/65.6

Height: 165

Default Day one &a a few questions

Hi, day one on IP for me here in Australia! Our range is really limited compared to what I see you guys have (I'm very jealous!).

I've had dark cocoa pudding as a shake for breakfast and butterscotch pudding for lunch with 2 cups spinach & sea salt.

I know you can have unlimited lettuce but I haven't felt like it at all so I haven't. Does anyone not have lettuce at all?

I am totally addicted to Coke Zero and have not got any in the house or otherwise I think I would have had one by now does anyone have any diet soda at all whilst on IP?

I so wish we had all the delicious sounding snacks you guys have, dill pickle snacks are the most 'exciting' savoury snack available, I'd love mac & cheese, dorodos and alike....yum!

Hunger isn't really rearing its head, just habit!

Thanks
fitnhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:33 AM   #2  

Gosh this is HARD!! Dying a little I think! Been on struggle street since about 3pm (currently 4.30pm).

Decided to have my snack for afternoon tea and opened the dill pickle snacks and they are AWFUL, actually beyond awful! I really enjoyed the texture but the flavour was horrid. I only ate a small amount as I just couldn't handle them.

It does seem like there is a lot of time without eating though? No morning or afternoon tea, just the one 'snack packet' allocated. How does anyone go without snacking? It's taking all my strength not to dive on any food I can find and stuff it in my face *cry* hopefully by posting here I will find the strength to get over this hurdle. I am looking forward to dinner like never before!
Old 01-09-2017, 01:01 AM   #3  

Hi fitnhappy,
It's been a while since I began IP, but I remember it took a week or so while to get in the swing of it.
I enjoyed the lettuce & made a salad every day adding a little shredded veggies, like cucumber & red cabbage. I used the Walden Farms 0-cal dressings, but even a squeeze of lemon and some garlic powder are good. It made the IP packet into more of a meal.

Re Diet Coke Zero, I didn't have it. But I did have a fair amount of coffee. To get my water in, I used Mio flavor enhancer. Nowadays I use a single herbal teabag to flavor 2 liters of water.

It sounds like your choices are more limited, but there are ways to use the packets to mix it up--the pudding and shake mixes can be baked into muffins, mug cakes, cookies, rolls, etc. There are recipe threads on the forum. (I loved those dill pickle snacks, btw ) I was on IP for 7 months and pretty much ate the same thing day to day--it just worked for me.

Here's a link to the stickies section on this forum, where you can find links to recipe threads.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

You might consider alternative product to get a little more variety. People over here do that with good results. You just need to make sure the macros match IP's.

It sounds like you are off to good start!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:12 AM   #4  

Hang in there, the first few days are tough! Once you are in ketosis, you will feel much better & less hungry. In the meantime, make sure you get your water in--it's surprising how filling it is! And know that it will get easier, especially when you begin to see results.

Eep, sorry you didn't like those dill snacks! Sometimes on IP your tastes change over time. And as long as you find a few you like, you can stick to them.

You get 3 packets a day and 8 oz lean protein, along with the veggies & oil. You can divide things up, for example the protein, so that you get an extra meal. During the first week, I think IP allows you to have an extra unrestricted packet. Along the way, I think you can have an extra 2 egg whites (makes a nice veggie omelet).

Last edited by Sundove; 01-09-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Hang in there! It usually takes me a good 7 days before I am feeling good and my hunger subsides. I am an old timer when it comes to IP. Here are a few things I have learned along the way.

1- In the US, you are allowed (2) egg whites per day that you do not have to count. At least that is what my coach told me many years ago. I followed it then and still do any time I am doing P1.

2- When I did IP with a coach, she told me at the time that during the first week, it was ok to have an extra UNRESTRICTED packet each day if you were really hungry. I seem to recall that I did this. So, if you are really super starving, go for it

3- I never did this, but I have heard other people that split their 8 oz. of lean protein into (2) 4 oz. servings to help them eat a little more often and not go too long in between meals. Honestly, I do not see the harm in doing this at all.

4- Lettuce. I eat a salad with lunch and dinner, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have a huge bowl of lettuce and then add my allotted veggie allowance (celery, onion, cucumber, pepper). I use my oil allotment to make an Italian dressing (Good Seasons) and this fills me up WAY more than the 2 cups of "side" veggie.

5- NO DIET SODA! Enough said

6- I am an early riser, and I also exercise. I try to not let a few hours go in between eating. My schedule looks like this:
5 am- wake up
5:30- 2 egg whites
6:00- work out
7:15- post work out packet
10:00- breakfast packet
1:00- Lunch- salad & 8 oz. protein
4:00- Snack packet
7:00- Dinner- salad & packet
As you can see, I am trying to go no more than 3 hours in between eating. Also, I add an extra packet because I exercise. I have done this consistently ever since I first started IP. I have not noticed any negative effects from exercising and adding the extra packet. My losses are right on par with everyone else's.

Hope this helps! Once you get through the first week, it really does get easier.

Last edited by jennydoodle; 01-09-2017 at 10:15 AM.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #6  

Thank you for the replies ladies, very encouraging & helpful! Day 2 and I am feeling more positive today going to browse all the links and make some more plans because I am really keen to stay on track!

Day one down and 100% on track makes me happy even though the afternoon was a struggle. Will not be having dill pickle zippers today though lol

Coke Zero craving isn't as bad now I *know* I can go without it and will not have any in the house which will be a big help.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

fitnhappy, some people need their snack in the afternoon and others find it's more useful (bashing cravings) in the evening. The program works fine either way. I used mine in the afternoon - I got snackish at about 3:30 or 4.
Also it's good to use the other unlimited veg if you don't like lettuce. You don't have to eat lettuce. I loved thinly sliced cukes with ACV, a dash of soy sauce, and a splash of Franks Hot Sauce. The sour savouriness just hit my tastebuds with a whammy and it felt like a satisfying snack. If you can get a hold of very firm fresh mushrooms they also make a yummy crunchy snack sprinkled with any (non sugar ingred) spice mix, like Cajun, or Asian, or Montreal Steak Spice. Celery sticks and radishes are free too. I don't know if Epicure spices sells in Australia, but they are all healthy no sugar spices with lots of interesting flavours. https://epicure.com/en

BTW, the dark chocolate pudding is way better with salt & chili in it Aztec style, or with lots of cinnamon Mexican style. It was so dull to me (used to 85% dark chocolate) that I couldn't eat it w/o the tweaks.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 01-09-2017 at 10:31 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #8  

Thanks canadjineh I had a caramel crunch bar this afternoon for my snack and it was delicious!

I was only told lettuce was unlimited �� Will have to look into what other veg are considered unlimited.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnhappy View Post
Thanks canadjineh I had a caramel crunch bar this afternoon for my snack and it was delicious!

I was only told lettuce was unlimited �� Will have to look into what other veg are considered unlimited.
Perhaps your coach is not in touch with Head Office - they need to keep up to date. Also you can get your own personal password for the free online Ideal Protein video site so they can send you a video a day that has all kinds of tips, recipes, study information, and there is an internal chat thread where you can ask a question and in a few days they will answer it on the chat thread. You NEED to get on that for more IP information & networking - it's what you are paying for!

Here's the list as of March 2015 - still the same these days:
DINNER PROTEIN – No frying or breading permitted / Weigh before cooking.
Fish: Anchovy, bass, catfish, cod, flounder, grouper, haddock, hake, halibut, mahi-mahi, monkfish, perch, pike, red
snapper, redfish, sea bass, shark, smelt, sole, swordfish, tilapia, tuna (red tuna once per week), trout, turbot, walleye,
whiting, salmon (wild salmon once per week).
Seafood: Clams, crab, crawfish, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, scampi, shrimp, squid.
Beef: Flank steak, ground beef (extra-lean), lean roast, round, rump steak, sirloin, tenderloin, tournedos.
Poultry: Chicken (skinless), 6 eggs (2-4 whole, remainder must be egg whites), fowl, quail, turkey, wild birds.
Pork: Lean ham, pork tenderloin.
Veal: Breast, cutlet, inside round scaloppini, rib, shank, shoulder, tenderloin.
Other: Bison, deer, elk, frog legs, kidney, lamb loin, liver, moose, ostrich, rabbit, plain tofu.
UNLIMITED RAW VEGETABLES/LETTUCE
Arugula, Bibb lettuce, Boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisée lettuce, green
and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce.
SELECT VEGETABLES – 2 cups per meal – Measure before cooking
Alfalfa, asparagus, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, bell peppers, broccoli, cabbage (all), cauliflower, celeriac, celery,
chayote, chicory, collards, cucumbers, dill pickles, fennel, Gai Lan (Chinese broccoli), green onions, jicama, kale,
kohlrabi, mushrooms, okra, onions (raw only), hot peppers, radish, rhubarb, sauerkraut, spinach, Swiss chard, turnip,
zucchini/yellow summer squash.
OCCASIONAL VEGETABLES – Maximum 4 cups per week – Measure before cooking
Beans (green and wax), Brussels sprouts, eggplant, heart of palm, rutabaga, snow peas, tomatillo, tomatoes (all).
SEASONINGS
Apple cider vinegar, fine herbs, fresh herbs (basil, bay leaves, cilantro, chervil, chives, dill, marjoram, mint, oregano,
parsley, rosemary, sage, savory, tarragon, thyme), garlic, ginger, lemon, lemongrass, hot mustard, hot sauce, soy sauce,
sorrel, spices (MSG free/no carbohydrates), tamari sauce (1 tablespoon), white vinegar.
RESTRICTED IP FOODS – You may choose only 1 restricted Ideal Protein food per day.

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 01-09-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:05 AM   #10  

Thanks Liana I will email my coach and ask as well
Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/149.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I am new to these boards. I started IP on October 23 2016. It's been about 11 weeks and I'm down 35 pounds (yay!) with 5.5. to go. These last five are just not moving off. Any suggestions? I am following protocol exactly - my usual day:
One peanut butter bar (restricted) packet for breakfast with black coffee.
One omelet packet with two cups veggies for lunch
One packet salt/vinegar crisps for snack
8 oz protein (usually ground chicken breast) with two cups veggies for dinner
Minimum 64 oz water

Should I eliminate the restricted packet for breakfast?
arimartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

I learned that I do better splitting my protein and having 4 ounces with lunch and 4 ounces with dinner. So, I have my "lunch" protein packet about mid-afternoon instead. That just works better for me.
Yayalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimartini View Post
I am new to these boards. I started IP on October 23 2016. It's been about 11 weeks and I'm down 35 pounds (yay!) with 5.5. to go. These last five are just not moving off. Any suggestions? I am following protocol exactly - my usual day:
One peanut butter bar (restricted) packet for breakfast with black coffee.
One omelet packet with two cups veggies for lunch
One packet salt/vinegar crisps for snack
8 oz protein (usually ground chicken breast) with two cups veggies for dinner
Minimum 64 oz water

Should I eliminate the restricted packet for breakfast?
I am sure that you know that near our goal the pounds come off a little slower than when they first did. When I was in a situation like yours, and I was mostly having chicken/pork tenderloin for my supper what I did was change it up. I had extra lean ground beef with 2 cups of cabbage (cooked in 2 cups of water with beef bouillon) and that usually made a difference during the next weigh in.

Hope this helps, Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post

5- NO DIET SODA! Enough said
fitnhappy I know this might not be easy, I used to drink 3-4 diet cokes, EVERY day...and now I just DON'T...I read somewhere that it takes over 7 days for the 'crap' in the soda to leave your system! Now who wants to waist 7 days of OP for a bottle of 'brown crap'!

Take it one hour at a time, one day at a time!

Brigitte
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #15  
Restarted IP Jan 04, 2016

S/C/G: 221/218/200-190

Height: 5'7"

Day 4 and it's getting smoother. Trying to follow a regular schedule for eating as it worked last time and spaced things out well.

06:30 - Breakfast (Oatmeal)
10:00 - Snack (Chocolate Coconut bar)
12:00 - Lunch (Veggies & homemade vinaigrette)
14:00 - Snack (Sweet Chili Dorados)
18:00 - Dinner (Whatever is on the menu + select veggies & salad)

Water, water and more water.

Last edited by crashtested; 01-10-2017 at 03:02 PM.
crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote