Day one &a a few questions

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Thank you for all the replies and comments everyone, feels great having support!

Day three and I have woken up this morning feeling pretty good, I couldn't quite work out why I felt better but then suddenly it dawned on me -no headache! Hooray!

I did have a little 'woe is me' moment to my husband last night basically questioning if this is the right time for me to focus on myself. It is school holidays here in Aus, I have four children (8,6,4 & 1year old), no family support except for my husband who is awesome thnakfully, no time out what so ever from my kids and generally overwhelmed with my 15 month old who is very clingy and hard work BUT I've started now and I am going to have to make it work. Any tips for success with a young family?
  • Quote: Thank you for all the replies and comments everyone, feels great having support!

Day three and I have woken up this morning feeling pretty good, I couldn't quite work out why I felt better but then suddenly it dawned on me -no headache! Hooray!

I did have a little 'woe is me' moment to my husband last night basically questioning if this is the right time for me to focus on myself. It is school holidays here in Aus, I have four children (8,6,4 & 1year old), no family support except for my husband who is awesome thnakfully, no time out what so ever from my kids and generally overwhelmed with my 15 month old who is very clingy and hard work BUT I've started now and I am going to have to make it work. Any tips for success with a young family?
    You need to do this for you. You will be a much better mother if you take a little something for yourself. Your husband is supportive and that is extremely important. Think of it as giving a gift to your family. The better you feel and the happier you are, the better wife and mother you will be. Hope this helps.
  • Quote: You need to do this for you. You will be a much better mother if you take a little something for yourself. Your husband is supportive and that is extremely important. Think of it as giving a gift to your family. The better you feel and the happier you are, the better wife and mother you will be. Hope this helps.
    I have to second what Jenny said. I have small children and since I started again in early November I feel great and feel happier and thus am a better Mom .
  • Day 5 for me today and still 100% OP which is amazing really ��

It has been Over 40 degrees Celsius here for the whole week and today is set to be even hotter, thank goodness for our pool and air conditioning! All four kids are ratty this morning and I am counting down until lunch time and sleep time for the baby. He is cutting three teeth all at once and is a high needs baby at the best of times. Only two more weeks of school holidays though.

I went out for the first time yesterday to the shops and the temptations were calling -screaming!- my name but I held firm and had my caramel crunch bar feeling proud of my choice. First time I've been near Coke Zero as well and I must admit I was seriously tempted.
  • Well fitnahappy....where I am it is -30 Celsius...we had snow, snow and more snow! LOL