Old 07-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-299 4.14.15/G-135 7.21.16!!!

Height: 5'11"

Default IP Groceries?? on Phase 2 moving to Phase 3 Thurs 7.28.16

I've been reading a lot of different boards but what are some 'staple' items to get me started with the breakfast menu in Phase 3? I have been on Phase 1 for so long (1yr 4mos) that I'm scared to make the transition! TIA!!!
trixmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Phase 3 breakfasts are wonderful! You're gonna love them!
Take some time to plan out at least 3 or 4 breakfasts (I did more than that) and check the macros, it is well worth the time and effort.
Foods --- oatmeal (old fashioned or steel cut, fruit (especially berries), nut butters (no sugar added), eggs, whole wheat bread, greek yogurt (I love Oikos 000), muesli, coconut or almond milk... that should give you some good combinations.
Good luck and enjoy. And don't be afraid of P4, go slowly and carefully, but remember you have to learn how to eat real food. You'll get there!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: S-299 4.14.15/G-135 7.21.16!!!

Height: 5'11"

Thanks!! So, I may have misread but do we have to stay away from sugars so NOTHING should contain them?
trixmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

My favorite breakfast was gluten free pizza, crust for grain carb, veggies and possible bit of pineapple if you like it. Add shrimp or a bit of pepperoni for more protein and your cheese for fat/dairy. Who doesn't like leftover pizza for breakfast and it fits macros!!! I even suggested it on the posting board to Head Office when I was starting P3 and they said it was a perfect suggestion. I also liked toasted, open-face tuna and Patak's hot lime pickle sandwich for breaky with berries & yogourt after.
Time to get creative... I was never an oatmeal fan. Pancakes topped with butter, fruit & Greek yogourt is another idea (no syrup or jam though). French toast with peanut butter and a 1/2 banana and a side of bacon slices. Salmon, spinach, cream cheese stuffed omelette with 1/2 an english muffin.

Ect, ect, ect.....
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixmix View Post
Thanks!! So, I may have misread but do we have to stay away from sugars so NOTHING should contain them?
In P3, the only change is breakfast, and the macros you need are pretty specific as to grain/fruit/fat carb/protein. If you choose your foods carefully, you'll get all the required nutrients, there really isn't much room for choosing foods that have added sugar. So for instance, plain oatmeal, not instant sweetened. Or natural peanut butter, not the ones with all the extra sugar. Hope that answers your question. But of course, you know that many foods contain natural sugars - fruit for example. It's the "added" sugars you want to be careful of.

For P4, of course, you can eat what you want. But of course it makes sense to choose your foods wisely and if you can choose foods with no "added" sugar, it's only common sense, right?
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote