Old 04-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'2.5

Default Doing Ideal Protein using only liquid/suppliments?

Has anyone tried doing Ideal Protein using only the IP food?

I do fine drinking my drinks, taking my vitamins, etc., but I lose it when it comes to my meal. I know I have to learn to do this and adapt, but for a little while I think I am going to do IP food/drinks only. Has anyone tried this?

I think if I do 3 unrestricted drinks and then 1 restricted food per day, that should balance out as far as calories, right?
dauntless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/135/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 53 yrs old

Dauntless: Just wondering what you ate (for what you might have considered a healthy meal) before you started IP? Perhaps we can give you a little guidance on ideas for your real meals.
Here's a couple of threads where people are posting their daily P1 menu:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ll-2015-a.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...er-2015-a.html
Eating real food - yes, veggies and a natural protein - is very important to figure out NOW. If you are not a veggie person or not fond of meat, there are options for hiding the veg or choosing proteins you might like. You do not have much weight to lose according to your tracker so you need to learn new healthy habits quickly because before you know it you will be at goal.
Quite a few people have found that eating the real meals including the real protein and all the oil required actually helps them lose weight faster. Your body may rebel with strictly packets and nothing else. This diet is low enough in energy calories without trying to tweak it. Please reconsider for your health. There are all kinds of micronutrients in real food that work synergistically with the vitamins and minerals in the supplements that you would be missing out on.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/162/160

Height: 57" - 47 years old - Started IP P1 3/26/14, Maintenance/P4 3/18/15

I just want to echo everything Liana wrote Dauntless, I share her experience.

The closer you can get on P1 to what feels like your ongoing maintenance, the better.
Without question, I found P1 to be generally a breeze - losing the weight was a no brainer, but maintaining the loss in a healthy way and getting your body to adjust - not so simple. Even after years several of us here are still working it (maintenance/P4), making tweaks, making adjustments - just like athletes.

The one thing I have thought often over this last year is that I am really grateful that on P1 I ate very similarly to how I eat now - just adding a few things. If I had just done supplements I think the transition to maintenance would have been more challenging.

Also I had the same experience as Liana mentions - if I didn’t eat enough oil/fat and “real” protein, my weight loss stalled. During the last few months of P1 my doctor/coach actually had me add fat to get through the last 10 lbs of loss.

Good luck!!! It’s a great program I think, almost exactly as it is. For me, when adjustments were made, it was to add a packet or two, not reduce.

The body in ketosis feels like it doesn’t need anything, but it actually does.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ideal protein