Old 09-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #1  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Default Alternates: Why is it whenever a product is "new and improved" it's worse?

So i have been using ProtiDiet white cheddar crisps as a cheaper alternate to IP white cheddar crisps for about 6 months. I got a new shipment today and when I was eating a bag I noticed 2 things

1. It tasted saltier
2. I could taste saturated fat (that nasty fried trans-fat taste)

I thought I would check the ingredients list and nutritional numbers on the new box and compare it with an older box.

OMG it's different

1. The new box has 50% MORE SODIUM (salt)
2. The new box has saturated fat now (and the old box had none)
3. The new box has more total fat
3. The new box has more calories
4. The new box contains sugar and the old one did not
5. The new box has more carbs

Why is it whenever I like a product ... invariably someone decides to "improve it" and makes it worse. I guess the only way to eat healthy is buy raw and make everything yourself.

This is just a warning to others then when you find a product you like ... keep an old box with the ingredients and nutritional values around so you can compare it to anything new you order.

These companies are all out to make as much money as possible and will try to slip one past you by removing healthier ingredients and formulations for cheaper unhealthy things. They love to increase the sodium, sugar, carbs, fats and saturated fats without any notice.

A warning to others.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-24-2015 at 02:29 PM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:24 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

well said!! this frustrates me too!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote