Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 11:16 PM   #76  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hmmm... maybe the price they gave me is the CAD price and not the USD price, but in the fine print they can't ship to Canada (as well as some US PO boxes, Hawaii, etc). I should just bite the bullet and buy a membership at GNC because whenever I go there, I pick up Quest Bars, but it's in a neighbouring city and I'm not there that often.
I have had lots of good deals from Groupon too -- don't get me wrong -- I love Groupon and Living Social and a few others!

I have found GNC to be a good source for Quest bars and chips, and I find their stores everywhere I go, so the membership at GNC has turned out to be quite useful for me. Definitely better prices than my local health food store.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:39 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 180/

Height: 5'2

Hey guys! I'm still trying to figure out if whole bulk of garlic drizzled with olive oil and roasted for 45 min is permitted? It's like a garlic spread. I'm not sure if garlic turns into sugar like onions once it's cooked.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:11 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaB View Post
Hey guys! I'm still trying to figure out if whole bulk of garlic drizzled with olive oil and roasted for 45 min is permitted? It's like a garlic spread. I'm not sure if garlic turns into sugar like onions once it's cooked.
Garlic is actually quite high carb (ever notice how sticky your fingers get if you clean a bunch of cloves? That's the sugar). Although it is not on the approved veggie list, it is ok to use a little as a spice in a recipe.

If you don't have a P1 sheet, listing all of the approved veggies, there is one in the FAQ thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-21-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Garlic is actually quite high carb (ever notice how sticky your fingers get if you clean a bunch of cloves? That's the sugar). Although it is not on the approved veggie list, it is ok to use a little as a spice in a recipe.

If you don't have a P1 sheet, listing all of the approved veggies, there is one in the FAQ thread.
Thank you Lisa
I wasn't sure whether or not it was allowed. I might make the spread and just use it as flavoring like you said. Thank you again !!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 185/173/130

Height: 63

Smile Second time on IP

Hello!
I did IP 5 years ago and lost about 45 pounds. Unfortunately I quit after phase 1 and gained everything back. One thing that discouraged me was the loose hanging skin. Also the negative comments from coworkers about how quickly I lost weight and questioning if I was ill. After trying many programs I've come to terms that nothing is going to work as effectively as IP did for me. I have set my mind to ignore comments and to avoid the skin issue I also joined Curves.

So here I am on day 2. One thing that helped me get through was this forum. I look forward to meeting new people and getting support and great advice.

Ana

Last edited by anarivera; 06-21-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #81  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarivera View Post
Hello!
I did IP 5 years ago and lost about 45 pounds. Unfortunately I quit after phase 1 and gained everything back. One thing that discouraged me was the loose hanging skin. Also the negative comments from coworkers about how quickly I lost weight and questioning if I was ill. After trying many programs I've come to terms that nothing is going to work as effectively as IP did for me. I have set my mind to ignore comments and to avoid the skin issue I also joined Curves.

So here I am on day 2. One thing that helped me get through was this forum. I look forward to meeting new people and getting support and great advice.

Ana
Welcome back, Ana!! You can do this!
My mantra in your situation is: Make your supporters proud, and your detractors jealous!!!
As you know, you will find lots of supporters here on 3FC IP.

A number of us are using MyFitnessPal to get in the habit of tracking food intake and exercise just so that we are prepared for maintenance when we get there. If you want to connect as 'friends' on MFP, just PM me, JJTx, CenTxChk, Canadgineh -- we'll help you connect with other 3FC folks over there.

Hang in - the first week is always the most trying...
Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tiptoe if you must, but take the step.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:44 PM   #82  

Is it allowed to eat more than 8oz of meat at night ? I am going to a cookout and not sure if it's allowed or not

Btw I'm on my fitness pal too ! celiaBfr
Old 06-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #83  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaB View Post
Is it allowed to eat more than 8oz of meat at night ? I am going to a cookout and not sure if it's allowed or not

Btw I'm on my fitness pal too ! celiaBfr
You will do best to weigh and measure your natural protein - before cooking - and really to measure your other foods too -- it's easy to try to eyeball your servings and mess things up to the point of slowing your losses. All unnecessarily -- my scale lives out on the counter now, and my measuring cups are easily brought out to keep a grip on portions. It's important!!!

Ideal Protein works based on body chemistry -- if you eat too many carbs or too much protein, or skip the supplements or the salt, you will mess up the chemical environment that allows your pancreas to burn your stored fat for fuel. That's the key premise that creates your weight loss. If you feed your body readily available nutrients in the form of carbs or actual sugar, your body will work off those sources and you fat will just continue to hang their on your bones, weighing whatever it weighs and potentially growing to weigh more.

If you don't buy in to the portion control and selectivity of foods, IP will not work for you -- it's really quite simple once you get a rhythm going. Be diligent and your efforts will pay off in spades!!!

I'll add you to my MFP friends - I am oneuh2 there also!

Last edited by oneuh2; 06-21-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 185/173/130

Height: 63

Thanks for the advice oneuh2. I will check my fitness pal.
Closed Thread