Old 06-16-2015, 08:57 AM   #16  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Did you cut your dinner in half, or did you allocate the other half to another meal?

If you're having trouble losing weight, you have medical issues, you're cutting into the food called for in protocol... you need to be talking to your doctor. We have answers, but we don't have all the answers, and I really think you should be getting help from a professional that knows your medical history.

Best of luck!
ImASharkIPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:56 AM   #17  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

S/C/G: 184/163.6/130 Date:7/14/15

Height: 5'2" Mints: 4/27: 45/39/45.5 6/1: 44/37.5/43.5 6/28: 43/36.5/43.5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Did you cut your dinner in half, or did you allocate the other half to another meal?

If you're having trouble losing weight, you have medical issues, you're cutting into the food called for in protocol... you need to be talking to your doctor. We have answers, but we don't have all the answers, and I really think you should be getting help from a professional that knows your medical history.

Best of luck!
Just didn't eat the rest of it.

My doctor was horrified at the IP protocol. He's a good guy, but his solution was a weight loss drug. No way I was doing that, so I'm on IP against his advice.

I've been reading Dr. Tran's book this morning. Wow, there are some great revelations there. I've been eating beef tenderloin, cabbage, mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli quite a bit, I see those things should be moderated from Dr. Tran's writing. I also think some of the now unrestricted packets that used to be restricted are not for me and my basically lifetime of dieting messed up metabolism. Dr. Tran makes this statement: "Eating the slightest amount of fast or slow sugars during the protein diet may stall weight loss for two to three days." I looked at the info on those coveted double chocolate brownies more closely ... OMG. No, just no.

I've decided to go purely old school IP this week and see what happens. Again, I should have listened to myself and not the coach. I know what worked last time. I never transitioned. It was so easy last time, I convinced myself I had my weight issues licked.

Oh life, you gloriously messy process. This time I will know better, and hopefully learn better.

Last edited by flvamp; 06-16-2015 at 10:57 AM.
flvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #18  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

Angry Double Choco Brownies

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...olate-brownies

Ok, so maybe these are ok for some. I'm so mad at myself for not looking at these as closely as I needed to, and letting the coach tell me they were ok to have daily. I do not think I should be eating these at all ... at least not until I've dropped about 25 pounds!

Total Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 25g (which is moderated by next line)
Dietary Fiber 10g (so net of 15g carbs!! ARRRRGH! )
Sugars 4g

"There are 190 calories in a 1 brownie serving of Ideal Protein Double Chocolate Brownies. Calorie breakdown: 25% fat, 47% carbs, 28% protein."
Old 06-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #19  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Maybe it will help, maybe not but last time on IP and again now during reboot when i got stuck in a little 3 lb window for over a month, I changed up my timing. So my heaviest calorie laden meal is breakfast at 7am when I get to work. It's my 8oz protein and either 2cveggie or a giant serving of mixed green salad with WF dressing. Lunch at 1-ish is IP chips/crisps every day except Sunday plus my second veggie or giant green salad. Third meal is an IP drink like pina colada on crushed ice at about 6:30pm. Snack is either IP pudding or IP drink. This week (second week eating this way) I lost 2.6lbs instead of my stupid gain or -.8. I've only been hungry on late afternoon doing this. YMMV
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #20  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Maybe it will help, maybe not but last time on IP and again now during reboot when i got stuck in a little 3 lb window for over a month, I changed up my timing. So my heaviest calorie laden meal is breakfast at 7am when I get to work. It's my 8oz protein and either 2cveggie or a giant serving of mixed green salad with WF dressing. Lunch at 1-ish is IP chips/crisps every day except Sunday plus my second veggie or giant green salad. Third meal is an IP drink like pina colada on crushed ice at about 6:30pm. Snack is either IP pudding or IP drink. This week (second week eating this way) I lost 2.6lbs instead of my stupid gain or -.8. I've only been hungry on late afternoon doing this. YMMV
Those are excellent ideas! Thank you, it helps to be reminded of tweaks like these.

I realize I sound like a shrew right now, and I hope people taking precious time to read and comment will know I am so frustrated right now. Thank you all for being a life line.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flvamp View Post
Those are excellent ideas! Thank you, it helps to be reminded of tweaks like these.

I realize I sound like a shrew right now, and I hope people taking precious time to read and comment will know I am so frustrated right now. Thank you all for being a life line.
No worries, we’ve all been through these phases. Let us know how it goes.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #22  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

This currently is more frustrating to me because I did not have any stalls the first time on IP. Not one. It was a breeze. There were weeks where I lost a whole pound every day. I was steady at half a pound a day most of the way, with bonus periods of varying extra up to whole pounds. I wish I had kept journals all the way through, but once I passed a 50 pound weight loss I quit journaling.

I do remember I took up light weight lifting, hmmmm.

Last edited by flvamp; 06-16-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

If nothing else flvamp, the light weight lifting will help your mind calm, remove total focus on food & scale, lower cortisol, help you tone up - so it's a win!
While you watch your food plan as usual, you will feel better being active with your exercise. FWIW, a few people have to stay under 40 or even 30 net grams of carb in MAINTENANCE (which is what seems to be happening for you right now).

We are all rooting for you!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I was rolling right along, losing half pound a day, after an initial 11 lb loss in 1st week of restart, then a 6 lb GAIN over the next 3 weeks. May 28 is last time I lost weight.

I'm 100% on program. I even stopped drinking my green tea, as coffee seemed to be the culprit last time. I increased my water by another half more; I'm drinking 15 - 8oz glasses per day.

I'm eating more veggies. I'm so sick of broccoli! I eat bell peppers like apples. I eat celery sticks like gum. I gave up my xylitol gum.

I tried eating 4 whole eggs, evenly spaced throughout the day instead of 8 oz protein in evening.

I tried 8 oz protein for breakfast. My proteins are strictly tenderloin, chicken, fish. I cook them all myself. We go out 1x per week and I always have an 8oz tenderloin and plain broccoli or a double salad. I bring my own cider vinegar evoo dressing and get nothing but lettuce, tomato, cucumber. I don't eat tomatoes during the week just so I can have toms on a salad on my night out. We're down to a rotation of 4 places we can go so I can eat out.

I tried an xtra packet. I tried an xtra restricted treat. I tried no restricted. I tried only 2 packets.

Nothing. The scale will not budge.

My coach is just useless. I know more about IP than she does, thanks to this site and my previous time on IP. Her advice was to stay off the scale, and what 3 boxes of food did I want this week? I've decided not to go back, so I'm hoping to find some answers and ideas here.

My personal issues are thyroid (meds are controlling), I've done IP before and easily lost 88 pounds in 5 months, my period is due in 2 days, I'm 50 yrs old.

Please give me some hope. I'm ready to quit this very expensive program if I'm going to stall every 2 weeks!
Good Morning. Sorry to hear about your troubles -- have you seen a doctor? Unexplained weight gain can be an indicator of other serious issues.

Edit:: I'm sorry -- I just went back and read your other comments about your doctor. Maybe you should try phase 2 for a week or so and then go back on phase 1? I believe Lisa has used that to beat a stall before and it worked for her.

Last edited by coloradogirl; 06-16-2015 at 01:12 PM.
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 PM   #25  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
If nothing else flvamp, the light weight lifting will help your mind calm, remove total focus on food & scale, lower cortisol, help you tone up - so it's a win!
While you watch your food plan as usual, you will feel better being active with your exercise. FWIW, a few people have to stay under 40 or even 30 net grams of carb in MAINTENANCE (which is what seems to be happening for you right now).

We are all rooting for you!
True for weight lifting benefits. I agree, these numbers seem to be for maintenance ... which was happening until just a couple days ago. Steady weight maintained for 2 weeks.

I just got to the part in Dr. Tran's writing where he clearly says no deli meats or eggs in phase 1. He also says only white fish and white meat ... no tuna, salmon or red meat. Holy cow, I wish I read this stuff before now. [edited to add: Keep reading this thread, we discuss Dr. Tran's 2nd book further on. Don't give up eggs yet.] I've been eating much more beef tenderloin, sliced deli roast beef w/o any additives and eggs than chicken since I started end of April. I think I've only eaten chicken thrice and fish twice.

Last edited by flvamp; 06-16-2015 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #26  
Restarted IP 4/29/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I just went back and read your other comments about your doctor. Maybe you should try phase 2 for a week or so and then go back on phase 1? I believe Lisa has used that to beat a stall before and it worked for her.
I think I've been in more of a phase II mode anyway for last 3 weeks. Tomorrow I'm going old school strict IP, according to Dr. Tran's words and see what happens.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post

Agreed! (had to copy & agree due to lack of "like" button )

Quote:
http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...olate-brownies

Ok, so maybe these are ok for some. I'm so mad at myself for not looking at these as closely as I needed to, and letting the coach tell me they were ok to have daily. I do not think I should be eating these at all ... at least not until I've dropped about 25 pounds!

Total Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 25g (which is moderated by next line)
Dietary Fiber 10g (so net of 15g carbs!! ARRRRGH! )
Sugars 4g

"There are 190 calories in a 1 brownie serving of Ideal Protein Double Chocolate Brownies. Calorie breakdown: 25% fat, 47% carbs, 28% protein."
Those are a restricted. One per day on IP.

Now that I've read the rest of the thread, I'm wondering if you should seek the support of a different doctor. Perhaps one that does adrenal hormone testing (usually integrative, functional, or naturopathic doctors). There is a reason you aren't losing.

And, remember how long ago Dr. Tran's first book was written. He wrote a 2nd book (hard copy only) with updated info. He didn't recommend swearing off eggs or sticking with only white meats/chicken (he always suggested leaner cuts tho). And you're correct about deli meat. I stay away from the highly processed. Often there is hidden sugars in those.

I had quite the stall, as well, and never could get to the 100-off mark I was looking for. Then we found thyroid issues (some more functional/integrative docs don't agree with the standards of mainstream docs when it comes to thyroid tests...) and adrenal dysfunction. This could have been caused by 10 months on P1 with no break. Two years later, I'm still working on fixing all of that.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-16-2015 at 02:45 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #28  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Maybe your pregnant? (Inside joke...to myself...I am surprisingly 10 weeks along...)
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #29  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Quote:
...I just got to the part in Dr. Tran's writing where he clearly says no deli meats or eggs in phase 1. He also says only white fish and white meat ... no tuna, salmon or red meat....
For real?! Then I am SOL ... I do eat some white fish, but otherwise all of my protein sources are eggs, tuna, salmon (and vegetarian proteins). Aw man, it is hard enough to be on this diet without taking things off "the sheet" ... I wonder if there are many other things that differ between Dr. Tran's original ideas and the current plan? Was he always advocating the processed-protein "packets"? (I clearly don't know much about the origins of IP ...)

Anyway, flvamp - good luck with figuring out what is going on with you! It is a very frustrating situation for sure.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
For real?! Then I am SOL ... I do eat some white fish, but otherwise all of my protein sources are eggs, tuna, salmon (and vegetarian proteins). Aw man, it is hard enough to be on this diet without taking things off "the sheet" ... I wonder if there are many other things that differ between Dr. Tran's original ideas and the current plan? Was he always advocating the processed-protein "packets"? (I clearly don't know much about the origins of IP ...)

Anyway, flvamp - good luck with figuring out what is going on with you! It is a very frustrating situation for sure.
See my comment below re: Dr Tran's book.
His first book and 2nd book (hard copy only) are very different.
I think he has discovered some things along his journey, as well, necessitating a 2nd book.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote