Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 04:23 PM   #46  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Friday Weekend Warm-up

Have you ever told yourself, “I’ll start my diet tomorrow”? If so, remember that today is yesterday’s tomorrow. So don’t wait until tomorrow to start working on healthy eating, don’t wait until Monday, start right now! If you do, it's guaranteed that Monday morning you’ll be SO HAPPY you did.
Great motivational quote, Lisa! Especially perfect for a Friday!

Somewhat similar concept.... I had a very struggling day yesterday -- wanting to stuff face.... not a typical IP state of mind for me. Usually, I am pretty much numb to cravings, and really not looking to eat more than the program allows.

But I was focused on the fact my home scale read 159.9 lbs yesterday - my first reading in the 150's... and my goal is 150... and I kept reminding myself how good I was going to feel if I stuck to the program and got up today to find that I had NOT returned to the 160's. That thought got me through the day, on program. And the scale gave me the same 159.9 reading - Perfect!!!

And how much of a bummer it would have been if I had eaten myself into an uptick.

This is something in our life that we CAN control - we can decide to begin, we can decide to stay OP, and we can decide that we deserve the benefits of making good decisions for ourselves.
Attached Images
File Type: png onlyyoucanmakeithappen.png (32.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-29-2015 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Friday Weekend Warm-up

Have you ever told yourself, “I’ll start my diet tomorrow”? If so, remember that today is yesterday’s tomorrow. So don’t wait until tomorrow to start working on healthy eating, don’t wait until Monday, start right now! If you do, it's guaranteed that Monday morning you’ll be SO HAPPY you did.
SO TRUE! I told myself this time and time again. And this time I started on a Tuesday! Maybe that's the key to my success this time!
Old 05-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #48  

Hi everyone....I have heard alot about this diet. My mother in law did it and lost 86 pounds and she looks amazing. I am in serious need of help losing weight and I have tried everything....Can someone please help with giving me the steps for the alternatives and ideas for meals? Can meal replacements shakes be used? Thank you in advance!!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:52 PM   #49  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutkovich View Post
Hi everyone....I have heard alot about this diet. My mother in law did it and lost 86 pounds and she looks amazing. I am in serious need of help losing weight and I have tried everything....Can someone please help with giving me the steps for the alternatives and ideas for meals? Can meal replacements shakes be used? Thank you in advance!!
The best way for you to work out a plan to do alternatives is to study the thread on alternatives to understand how to choose products.
Start on screen 1 of that thread and read through the whole thing. There are even some recent postings where members have identified what they think are the best tasting items.
Then just substitute the alternatives for IP packets but follow the rest of the menu plans that are identified in the protocol for Phase 1 -- see this first post in this thread for a link to all the protocol sheets (Phases 1-4). You will find the veggies that you can have, supplements you will need to take, and the unlimited/free items.

It will take some study on your part, but the knowledge you will build from that study will make your journey a successful one. If you have a particular question about following the protocol you can bring it here and more experienced IP dieters will help you out. And if you run across a product that you wonder about as an alternative, post that info in the Alternatives thread along with the nutritional content so veterans can advise you.

You can do this! Welcome to Ideal Protein - it works!!!

Another thing you can do is to check out the meal plans that folks have posted in the thread 'What are you eating today IPeeps?' - you will find that non IP products are identified pretty clearly in most cases.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:51 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutkovich View Post
I echo everything OneUh suggested above, and also if you are a reader and like to read the details, if your Mom has or can get a hold of Dr. Tran’s book, it’s $10 at the clinics. I looked on Amazon and they don’t seem to have a used one there. That book actually helped me even more than my coach at the IP clinic, who was amazing. But I really like reading about scientific facts and understanding things, that doesn’t help everyone.
There are also great videos that the coaches email out, if your Mom still has those you might like to look at them.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-30-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #51  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Sbutkovich: make sure you read up on the supplements/oil/salt that are taken daily. They're critical to your well being. I take these religiously and feel great. Starting this protocol is easier for some but not for me. I found the first couple of weeks excruciatingly difficult as I am a sugar addict. Now I'm in my 6th week and my appetite and cravings are gone. Keep on these threads, the information and the support are invaluable. Good luck in your journey!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:22 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Friday Weekend Warm-up

100% truth!

When I found out about IP and started researching I decided to start the Thursday before hubby's b'day and so I stuck my toe in the water and said "one last cheat night and then 100%" - but once I got my toe wet, it really was fairly easy to jump all the way in! I am so glad I did!
Old 05-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #53  

Thank you ladies for your help!
Old 05-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #54  

Hi all

I've had a very busy few weeks.
I applied for a new job and had a whirlwind of interviews which then turned into "hurry up and wait".
The school year ended with my usual weeklong "catch up" but I had additional items to do this year.

And on Wednesday (2nd day of summer break), I was making some ginger root "tea" and the glass pitcher I was pouring the hot water into shattered, scalding my abdomen and upper thigh, resulting in a trip to urgent care.

I'm okay and healing slowly. Thankfully no 3rd degree burns or cuts from the glass but exercise is on hold at the moment & pain meds make me lethargic.

At least I know how/what to eat!!!
We have some fun planned this weekend. I'll be wearing bike shorts under my pants. They help secure all my bandaging.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-31-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #55  
maintaining since 9/2013

Oh my, speedy healing Lisa!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #56  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Lisa here's hoping you heal quickly with little pain and that the job interviews will land you the job you want.

I posted a few days ago in the "What r u eating" thread (I think that's where I posted it ) that i was going 100% IP products for a couple weeks to see if there would be a difference in my WL. So far I definitely have noticed a difference. I am a daily weigher (helps me to better plan my day) and since going straight IP, there has been a steady daily drop (from a few ounces most days to a huge 1.8 pounds drop on one of the days!). I'll stay with 100% IP for another week then go back to using occasional alternative products and see how that goes. It could be that I am just having a great week! We'll see!

Last edited by frawniemae; 05-30-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:35 PM   #57  
oneuh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
Lisa here's hoping you heal quickly with little pain and that the job interviews will land you the job you want.

I posted a few days ago in the "What r u eating" thread (I think that's where I posted it ) that i was going 100% IP products for a couple weeks to see if there would be a difference in my WL. So far I definitely have noticed a difference. I am a daily weigher (helps me to better plan my day) and since going straight IP, there has been a steady daily drop (from a few ounces most days to a huge 1.8 pounds drop on one of the days!). I'll stay with 100% IP for another week then go back to using occasional alternative products and see how that goes. It could be that I am just having a great week! We'll see!
As you are going straight IP, I have purchased a few Nashua Healthsmart items -- I had the Golden Delicious pancakes this morning, adding a half cup of shredded zuke and some cinnamon. That alternative is only about half the quantity that you get from the IP pancake packet - thus the count of only 90 calories before my add in's, I guess. But the pancake was good, and perhaps the smaller quantity of calories with 6 actual carbs, vs 140 calories and 6 net carbs might be a better choice for me as I struggle thru the final 10 pounds to goal.

or, perhaps a change up of any kind produces good results -- I have also dropped a bit more in the past few days, with the greater variety in packet choices... I weight daily and live with the results, rarely having a good grip on what really produced the number on the scale...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa32989
Hi all

I applied for a new job and had a whirlwind of interviews which then turned into "hurry up and wait".
The school year ended with my usual weeklong "catch up" but I had additional items to do this year.

And on Wednesday (2nd day of summer break), I was making some ginger root "tea" and the glass pitcher I was pouring the hot water into shattered, scalding my abdomen and upper thigh, resulting in a trip to urgent care.

I'm okay and healing slowly. Thankfully no 3rd degree burns but exercise is on hold at the moment.

At least I know how to eat!!!
We have some fun planned this weekend. I'll be wearing bike shorts under my pants. They help secure all my bandaging.
So sorry to hear of your scalding incident - that has to be tender and uncomfortable.... so glad your worst burns are 2nd degree and not 3rd! The bike shorts idea is a good one - I have some that are a nylon spandex knit that I have worn under dresses or skirts in lieu of a slip for years -- they gave a smooth surface that made my giant thighs much more comfortable, and prevented chafing. Your use of them to hold your bandages in place sounds like an excellent solution!

Best of luck with your job interview outcomes!!!

Last edited by oneuh2; 05-30-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #58  

Lisa great to hear from you, though I’m sorry about your burns. I hope your interview results are as you wish them to be.

Frawniemae congrats on keeping going and changing it up. I was on P1 for a year and the changing it up helped me also just to stay on track, not have so much diet fatigue, etc.

oneuh2 those last 10 lbs…. that was not the most fun time for me. Awesome that you just keep on it.

Beth thanks for getting all the threads together You are a very good little fairy (my niece is very into Tinkerbell’s Fairy Friends movies and always is telling me about the fairys’ qualities, and one of them is very sweet and always getting all the friends together).

Hello to everyone else and hope your weekend goes well. Just got back from a mani/pedi and a little time in the sun, slept in this morning, now going to curl up in my chair and catch up on TV…. haven’t watched much in about a month so have the pleasure of catching up on few of my favorite shows… GOT, Good Wife, Louie…. and another similar rest day tomorrow. Yay. Turned down so many things this weekend so I could rest like this…. and how blessed am I to have so many things to do if I wanted, and have a healthy body that has learned when it needs rest.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:16 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hi all

I'm okay and healing slowly. Thankfully no 3rd degree burns but exercise is on hold at the moment.

At least I know how to eat!!!
Lisa good to hear from you I was wondering where you were...so sorry about the burns. I am sure you are uncomfortable. Hope it heals quckly.

Amber - love those relaxing catch up days!

Frawnie - I think I am going to take your lead and skip my alternates this week to see if I can boost my losses. Believe me I am happy with the losses, but would love to see a nice 3 or 4 week mixed in there...LOL

I have one quick appointment today and then I think I will curl up on the couch with a good book and do some laundry today. I like to do my laundry on Monday but seemes now like that has become a full day on the road for me....Oh well...
Old 05-31-2015, 08:50 AM   #60  
oneuh2

I am heading for fitness class today and then catching up on some household paperwork.

Looking for a good IP compliant recipe idea for swordfish steaks... Any ideas?
Anyone use the WF dressings as a marinade for meat or fish? I have a WF balsamic dressing and another vinagrette and some Braggs, I think... Wonder if either of those would be good?
Closed Thread