Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Hmmm. Can you call or email her and ask for more clarification, and tell her given your circumstances you would like to move to Phase 4 and plan to do that this week?
I talked to her just this morning at my weigh in and that was all the information she would give me. She said I could do whatever I want but she recommends staying on phase 3. I asked her point blank why, and she gave me the same answer.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamara View Post
I found this forum as I was researching IP. I love the information and support provided here. So positive! I have not yet started the program but am meeting with a provider tomorrow. Questions: 1- I am completing the info form and notice codes like NPA and NPC next to the question. What do they mean? 2- What should I expect at this meetings? Will I have to come back separately if I do the program? Any other thoughts/advice is appreciated!!!

I'm excited to get started!!!

Hi Pamera! Each provider is different, but for me, I had a group Introductory Meeting where IP was explained and they had samples of food for all of us to try. Medical forms were distributed which we completed and their Nurse Practioner later reviewed them. At that meeting I paid a fee ($200) and signed up for my first private meeting with a nutritionist/coach where I was weighed, measured, and purchased a Starter Kit ($245) which had 9 days of food that they assembled. They gave me a wide range of items and I could select two more boxes of food. And off I went and started my diet immediately!

I don't know if this is how your clinic/dr's office will handle your first appointment but I imagine it'll be similar.

With regards to the codes next to the questions, I don't know what that means either!

Like you, I am a 'newbie', and have found 3FC to be so supportive! It has lots of info and your fellow posters will offer support and encouragement! Good luck and I hope you join our forum!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #18  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Ro22!

Last I remember, you were on a detox with your doctor and working with your clinic to put together a better protocol for your situation? How did that work out?
Hi Shark - that is right! My test results continued to come back abnormal and I didn't like the treatment plan - large dose of thyroid meds, DHEA injections, adrenal meds and testosterone cream. It didn't make sense to me to treat every abnormality vs connecting the dots and treat the issue holistically. So, I sought a 2nd opinion who told me not to do any of that - he said my results look like someone who has been on a starvation diet for 7 months so he said to get off the diet and the issues will correct themselves. He was also very critical of the detox. So, I stopped everything for a month and gained a ton of weight but I am feeling better (not 100% though but much more manageable). I go back tomorrow for another set of test results. I started back on P1 last week to get the weight off I gained. I lost almost 12 pounds back on for a week. I have another 17 to go to get back to where I was. I decided to do this against doctor's orders because I think it is important to maintain the lower weight so I didn't think a 4-6 week reboot would cause harm (not like 7 months). I will then phase off vs abruptly ending the program.

He did tell me that due to the state of my adrenals, it is dangerous for me to workout so we are going to discuss the treatment approach for that tomorrow. I am thinking that I am going to begin working out after 1-2 more weeks back on P1 and continue doing that as part of my maintenance plan. I want to build my muscles back after almost a year of not working out. He thinks he is going to see something in these additional tests he ordered that is going to clue him in as to why adrenals are so out of whack.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Hey Grateful- I am in Denver too!

Did you start with a clinic? I am wondering which one you used. I saw that Cherry Creek Medical has IP products, but I am sure they are not cheap.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #20  

CO_6 - When I started IP I lived in CO Springs and I went to Dr. Juetersohnke's office down there - he is a D.O. and also my primary physician. They have a completely super clinic, very medically based, that they started because one of their nurse practioners found Ideal Protein a few years ago after not being able to get 50 lbs off for years, and was very successful, so they decided to offer it to their patients.
I still go down there for other things once a month or so, so I still get my products and do maintenance with them - I also have the option of emailing, calling or texting them, and they are willing to mail me products if needed.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:11 PM   #21  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Found some recipes using chyote squash from Rainbowsmiles... I want to try them!!!! I have used this squash before in stuffing and really like the flavor, just never had any other recipes to try it in. So that will be what I focus on today!
The first time I made chayote "apples" I loved it. Second time they weren't cooked enough and the flavour doesn't hold so well. Since then I cook them the same way every time and get the same result.

I mix 2 cups of water, 2 tbsp of IP pancake syrup, 2 packets of stevia and a squeeze of the Real Lime lime juice squishy bottle. Pour it over the chayote and nuke in the microwave for 4.5 mins. Stick a fork in to test how soft it is and if it isn't smooshable (Trademark term) then it goes back in a minute at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro22 View Post
MntRose - I don't want to deflate you regarding chayote squash, but in the spirit of sharing, I was disappointed with my result. I was so excited about the concept of baked apples (chayote) with cinnamon, but for me, it fell well short. I didn't like what happened to my hands when I peeled them either.

After that, I decided to stick with Jicama as I can get that already cut up at Whole Foods and I found it more versatile as I could use it as a starch replacement such as fries or sweeten it as in the case of the baked apples.

My favorite dessert type vegetable is rhubarb - I found it much better than the chayote squash.

Also, my big favorite now is cauliflower "chicken rice" - this is taking 1/2 packet of the chicken soup and using it as a thickening/binding agent for 2 cups of cauliflower - with fresh garlic, lemon, salt and pepper and combining all of that in a food processor - I can't get enough of it. I have even had it last 2 days without the soup mixture - it is not as good but still quite good.

I am next going to try having it as rice pudding using a vanilla packet/vanilla scoop of protein powder.
Ever tried mixing 1c rhubarb and 1c chayote and covering with the IP oatmeal packet for a cobbler? Om nom nom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpulliam View Post
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting but I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue I am.

I just finished week two of phase 3. Had my weigh in, lost 2 pounds. I don't mind the weight loss but now my coach is telling me to do phase 3 for another week! She has not been very helpful and didn't even give me a phase 3 info sheet before I started phase 3. I got everything from the myidealprotein website and other resources linked here. I have been hitting all numbers for breakfast and don't know why I need to extend phase 3 if I am still losing weight. I leave for a cruise on Saturday and know to be careful with what I eat while I'm gone. Just was supposed to have been on maintenance now... Has anyone else ever been told to extend phase 3??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpulliam View Post
All she said was "you aren't eating enough, add more protein to breakfast." But she also said not to change lunch or dinner. I'm already eating like 40-50 grams of protein at breakfast as it is. I don't know what to do. My daily calorie totals are usually between 1300-1400 or have been on phase 3.
The only reason I can see for this would be if you have lost a fairly substantial amount of lean mass. Increasing protein helps stabilise the muscle loss (as it's the primary building block for muscle). The only other potential reason is that you may be eating your dinner/snack meal too early before bed and your body is not synthesising protein very well overnight, so s/he wants you to boost your protein intake at your first meal of the day.

That would be my interpretation of why. Frankly, you could increase protein while moving to P4 just as easily as repeating a week of P3, so if it is something that bothers you give her/him a quick call and discuss what YOU would like to do and ask for feedback on negatives/positives so you can make an informed decision. You are paying for the program and the "expert" advice so make them earn the money they rake in.

Had a change of exercise today, just to shake things up. We went swimming!!!! I love swimming, it's something that helps me feel at peace with myself as it's so obviously a solo activity; and with a lane to myself nobody interrupts my train of thought or my happy vibe. Managed 3/4s of a mile and only stopped because hubby wanted to get out (he is more of a weightlifter than a cardio bunny!), but I'm hoping I can get him to go to his spinning class and I can go swimming and get my full mile in.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 312/312/150

Height: 5'3"

Another Newbie Question - when you're making your shakes, is it better to use the provided bottle or a blender? I tried a blender this morning but it seems like the drink just separated very quickly. TIA
Old 04-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #23  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

I tried choyote "apple pie" and didn't care for it. Then got on a jicama kick for a while. Really loved it but if it weren't for the fiber content the carbs are a bit high (1C = 11g carbs minus 6g fiber). My husband eats it by the pound (I am not kidding) and still loses 3-4 lbs a week (not kidding here either). So I'm sticking my my boring ol' cauli (1C = 5g carb minus 2.1g fiber), shredded cabbage (1C = 4.1g carb minus 1.8g fiber), rhubarb (1C = 6g carb minus 2.2g fiber) or zuchinni (1C = 6g carb minus 2g fiber) and of course spinach, lettuce etc.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/144/135

I'm on my 6th week of IP and loving it! However, I strongly dislike my coach. Now when I come in she seems always rushed and doesn't really seem to put the effort in anymore.

I went in today with fear of telling her about my first cheat, but she didn't offer any support and wasn't even concerned. I feel now she just weighs and measures me, takes my money, and sends me on my way.

I ran out of vitamins and I told her I was going to purchase some from Costco and she was very harsh and said I needed to buy their vitamins as others can have fillers and hinder my weight loss (even though their foods have fillers), I was hesitant but of course was scared not to see results so I bought them. It wasn't only about the vitamins - one time I only wanted to purchase 2 boxes of food and she pressured me into buying a 3rd. I'm seeking some advice - should I switch clinics? Do I HAVE to purchase the vitamins???

I'm 5'8" - started weight: 155 and down to 144 with a goal weight of 135
Old 04-20-2015, 05:59 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Just to chime in on the Chayote conversation- I make "applesauce" that tastes like my favorite hot breakfast of all time - maple/brown sugar cream of wheat! I cut up a medium chayote, add cinnamon and a little water and nuke for 8 minutes. Then I toss it all into my Cuisinart, grind, pour into a bowl and add 1 Pure Via and a little WF syrup - heaven in a bowl
Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

akenny34 I am so sorry your coach is not helping you out. I am super lucky to have a full office filled with amazing people who aren't just selling the product, but are also doing it or have done it before. Is there any one else in the area that you could maybe switch to?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 155/144/135

Yes - thankfully I reached out to a different office and will be switching next week!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #28  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenny34 View Post
Yes - thankfully I reached out to a different office and will be switching next week!
OH that's great!!!!! Do they charge everytime you go in? Like a Dr.s Office. Just curious to know what happens in other parts of the world!
Old 04-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I started IP on January 6, 2015 just finishing my 15 th week. Started at 208.5 now 196.5 on my home scale. Total loss 12 lbs as of this week. In 15 weeks!!!! Lost 5.6 pounds last week...that is the most ever in one week. This week I am up 2. I have been OP through it all. I don't really understand why it isn't working for me but I think I am ready to get off the train. It is too expensive not to see results esp. when staying true to the plan. It's hard not to compare my results with others but the quick loss was why I joined. I am so tired of the weight I am at.

It is nice that it is working for so many of you and it is fun to watch your interaction with each other. I had hoped for that when I joined this thread too but it didn't really work out for me.

Onward and upward....
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Quote:
CO_6 - When I started IP I lived in CO Springs and I went to Dr. Juetersohnke's office down there - he is a D.O. and also my primary physician. They have a completely super clinic, very medically based, that they started because one of their nurse practioners found Ideal Protein a few years ago after not being able to get 50 lbs off for years, and was very successful, so they decided to offer it to their patients.
That is actually funny that you mentioned him. I went there two years ago for an initial visit and had the worst experience of my life. He was degrading and remiss. Maybe I caught him on a bad day, but I could not believe the way he treated me and thought about filing a formal complaint with AMA.

I am glad you had a good experience though.
Closed Thread