Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Comminity Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Link to a pdf of the doctor's book here.
Note: this is not the same as the current IP plan.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Down 5 lbs and 2 inches this week! I am so excited!! Needed a good week in the worst way. Amazing what a couple little numbers can do to your attitude.

I swear my loss could have been more (my home scale was lower yesterday than today) but I slacked on the water yesterday. Hopping right back up on that pony today.

BTW, Sprouts had Walden Farm BOGO through March 4th in my neck of the woods. Still couldn’t find the creamer though…wish I could find it local instead of ordering online. Too cheap to pay for shipping.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #3  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Down 5 lbs and 2 inches this week! I am so excited!! Needed a good week in the worst way. Amazing what a couple little numbers can do to your attitude.

I swear my loss could have been more (my home scale was lower yesterday than today) but I slacked on the water yesterday. Hopping right back up on that pony today.

BTW, Sprouts had Walden Farm BOGO through March 4th in my neck of the woods. Still couldn’t find the creamer though…wish I could find it local instead of ordering online. Too cheap to pay for shipping.
- that's terrific!!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:14 AM   #4  

CenTXChk: Fantastic! I understand "needing" those weeks. I've been feeling ick and bloated. Pretty sure I'm fighting off something but in the meantime, bleh. Maybe I'll get on the scale later in the week...

I just LOVE what consistency and determination can bring to us!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #5  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

March 2, 2015 - Monday Motivation

Remember, you can’t undo any eating from the past, you can only control what you do eat in the future so there’s no point in berating yourself for past mistakes. Instead, focus on what you can do to make today's eating a success and you'll feel so much better.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:07 AM   #6  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I went away for the weekend to do some shopping (I had no clothes). It was so amazing going into any store and knowing that they would carry my size...and buying medium shirts...MEDIUM?! ME?! And the best part...I forgot to bring a bathing suit to go hot tubbing, I just went and found one no problem (I'm not saying I look amazing in it but bathing suit shopping for me has always been so difficult!).

I went off the rails a bit when I went out for one dinner. We went for sushi and I had a few rolls and some tempura. I got right back on yesterday so I hope that I didn't do too much damage. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I'm fine but I weighed myself on a scale I wasn't used to as I'm dogsitting for my parents so I'm at their house. My clinic weigh in is after work today so we'll see how it all goes!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Oh my gosh that is AWESOME!!! Congrats!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/148/145

Height: 5'6

Congrats CenTXChk! It's wonderful to get that affirmation that you are doing things right -- especially after the scale doesn't seem to reflect the amount of effort and compliance that you put into the diet.

The scale is really the bane of my existence when I'm doing Phase 1. In maintenance, I weighed often and didn't mind. However, in Phase 1, it can be frustrating! I actually debated just doing 6 weeks of Phase 1 without weighing in until the end. But I realized that I should probably see how it's going to know whether I should make any adjustments. So I'm trying once a week weigh-ins (I'm rebooting to lose the last 10 pounds I didn't lose on IP last year and not using a coach/clinic except to pick up part of my foods.) It seems like it especially gets hard when you are closing in on the goal!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

That's a fantastic WI CenTXchk!

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Kira, it's awesome to read about your successful and what reads like an enjoyable shopping trip! Enjoy showing off the new clothes

I may have had a disappointing WI, but I had a pretty good NSV this weekend. I was tagged in a pic a friend posted from this weekend and I hardly recognized myself, in a good way. It felt much different than when I look at myself in the mirror or take my weekly WI photos. It's hard to see myself as smaller even though I know I am. Oh how the brain can be stubborn

I hope everyone has a great OP week
Old 03-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I am starting my IP reboot today and just wanted to say hello!

I started my first round of IP in May 2013 with great success. I lost 70 lbs. in just about 10 months. Who knows what happened after that, but I slowly gained about 40lbs back. I am now back for round 2 with great motivation ahead... my wedding is in September and I want to be back to where I was!

Hoping to connect with others and stay motivated this time around. I have tried to reboot a few times before and haven't been able to stay OP for longer than a week. This time is different!! Looking forward to the accountability that this forum provides.

Happy Monday!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Woohoo!!!!! what a great WI!

Thanks for the tip on WF, I'll have to go stock up. I was planning to run by sometime and see if they have the creamer - I haven't seen it at HEB either.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #12  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm restarting today as well... lost 30 lbs two years ago while on IP, then gained it all back and then some. This time I have my goal dancing in my eyes, and I'm going for it. Good luck to us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post

I started my first round of IP in May 2013 with great success. I lost 70 lbs. in just about 10 months. Who knows what happened after that, but I slowly gained about 40lbs back. I am now back for round 2 with great motivation ahead... my wedding is in September and I want to be back to where I was!

Hoping to connect with others and stay motivated this time around. I have tried to reboot a few times before and haven't been able to stay OP for longer than a week. This time is different!! Looking forward to the accountability that this forum provides.

Happy Monday!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post
Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm restarting today as well... lost 30 lbs two years ago while on IP, then gained it all back and then some. This time I have my goal dancing in my eyes, and I'm going for it. Good luck to us!
Thank you!! We can do this! Glad I'm not the only one in this boat (though I KNOW I am not).

Last edited by amt6; 03-02-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #14  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Oh, how wonderful! That will help pump you up after the last couple of weeks. Stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
It was so amazing going into any store and knowing that they would carry my size...and buying medium shirts...MEDIUM?! ME?! And the best part...I forgot to bring a bathing suit to go hot tubbing, I just went and found one no problem (I'm not saying I look amazing in it but bathing suit shopping for me has always been so difficult!).

I went off the rails a bit when I went out for one dinner. We went for sushi and I had a few rolls and some tempura. I got right back on yesterday so I hope that I didn't do too much damage. I weighed myself this morning and it looks like I'm fine but I weighed myself on a scale I wasn't used to as I'm dogsitting for my parents so I'm at their house. My clinic weigh in is after work today so we'll see how it all goes!
Gotta love new clothes and buying in regular stores! Congrats! Good luck on your WI and enjoy that hot tub!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post

I may have had a disappointing WI, but I had a pretty good NSV this weekend. I was tagged in a pic a friend posted from this weekend and I hardly recognized myself, in a good way. It felt much different than when I look at myself in the mirror or take my weekly WI photos. It's hard to see myself as smaller even though I know I am. Oh how the brain can be stubborn
Yay for pictures that we don't flinch at seeing, that's a really lovely NSV to begin the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post

.. my wedding is in September and I want to be back to where I was!
Welcome back, we'll all be cheering when you get into that "little" wedding dress for your special day. You can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImASharkIPromise View Post

Welcome back. You've got this, just have to re-learn the good habits that help in maintenance! We'll keep you strong.

-----

Went out for hubby's choice of Mexican food yesterday to celebrate his birthday. Ironically, the excess water that was around my ankles has gone this morning and I'm down again (have gained consistently for the last 4 days) so I'm wondering if my calorie/carb intake is too low for the longer running intervals, and the big intake of food yesterday shocked it out of its funk, even though I drank less water than normal.

Seeing the body fat percentage go down consistently on the scale, despite the gain, so I am not "unhappy", but I'd also like to see the weight value go down, too.

Have a good week everyone - remember to make good choices, one at a time, and have a strong week.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #15  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

No telling what my WI will reveal today!! OP all last week until Saturday at noon. We were in Seattle and staying at a favorite hotel that doesn't have a microwave/fridge so we ate lots of celery, drank RTD's and augmented with restaurant proteins (where you can ask that they don't add a bunch of junk but who knows what they really do...). Today will be lots of water, RTD for breakfast and regular ol IPOP lunch! We did walk well over 20 miles this weekend so maybe that helped!!
Closed Thread