Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #91  

Hi All! It is so so so GOOD to see familiar faces on here plugging along and all the new maintainers. Since transitioning into my new job in November, life has been crazy! My husband and I lost one of our beloved dogs, I started graduate school, and I am traveling a lot for work. In January I did a couple weeks of phase 1 and lost the 8ish lbs that I had gained since starting my new position and did not phase off properly before I took a vacation...I figured a few days off wouldn't be that bad. Upon returning from vacation, I was traveling for work three weeks straight and working long days...not the best food choices. While I haven't been on the scale in a week and a half, I know I am up past my range of 130-135 by a few lbs as my clothes are feeling more snug.

Before posting I was reading through some of the more recent comments about the P1 day after a fun day and how that all works, etc. It is interesting to hear how everyone's bodies respond and it really resonated with me.

I am on day 3 of phase 1 and have got to master maintenance this time around so I can stop doing a few weeks here and there of phase 1. While I should be positive right now and celebrate the fact that I am 2 1/2 years into maintaining within a 10lb range, I am beating myself up which I know is ridiculous. I suppose I am stressed and just need a day to rest and relax...I have been on the go for so long.

Going to avoid the scale for a week (or longer) since TOM is near and I am just getting back on. Hopefully I will be able to jump back down in weight and then begin a more diligent maintenance plan. I am sooooo ready at this point.

Feeling defeated.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #92  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hi All! It is so so so GOOD to see familiar faces on here plugging along and all the new maintainers. Since transitioning into my new job in November, life has been crazy!

Going to avoid the scale for a week (or longer) since TOM is near and I am just getting back on. Hopefully I will be able to jump back down in weight and then begin a more diligent maintenance plan. I am sooooo ready at this point.

Feeling defeated.
Hey, try to get some perspective - this is the rest of your life - maintaining. You'll go up, down, struggle - cause that's life. You're doing the plan, it's working, just hang in there. You've done really well, you know what you need to do, you're a winner, so hang on to that - we're all here rooting for you you!!

Old 03-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
Hi All! It is so so so GOOD to see familiar faces on here plugging along and all the new maintainers. Since transitioning into my new job in November, life has been crazy! My husband and I lost one of our beloved dogs, I started graduate school, and I am traveling a lot for work. In January I did a couple weeks of phase 1 and lost the 8ish lbs that I had gained since starting my new position and did not phase off properly before I took a vacation...I figured a few days off wouldn't be that bad. Upon returning from vacation, I was traveling for work three weeks straight and working long days...not the best food choices. While I haven't been on the scale in a week and a half, I know I am up past my range of 130-135 by a few lbs as my clothes are feeling more snug.

Before posting I was reading through some of the more recent comments about the P1 day after a fun day and how that all works, etc. It is interesting to hear how everyone's bodies respond and it really resonated with me.

I am on day 3 of phase 1 and have got to master maintenance this time around so I can stop doing a few weeks here and there of phase 1. While I should be positive right now and celebrate the fact that I am 2 1/2 years into maintaining within a 10lb range, I am beating myself up which I know is ridiculous. I suppose I am stressed and just need a day to rest and relax...I have been on the go for so long.

Feeling defeated.

Oh my goodness! You have done great. 2 1/2 years and only a 10 lb range? That is awesome. I only hope I will be doing that well in 2 years. Don't feel defeated. Feel proud.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

eandc2006: NOT defeat at all! You are maintaining within a decent range and that is normal! But you know that already, time to download it into your heart so you believe it, not just mentally acknowledge it.
I think all of us maintainers have those days/weeks when we feel more sluggish, heavier, dragging, FAT... even if it's not the real truth.
This too shall pass...
Just keep on keeping on and you will feel better in a while, you have had a bit of stress lately and negative emotions about everything else can get intensified.

Hugs from all of us!

Andrea... dull weather affects me too! Total lack of motivation. Think of temporarily putting aside hiking until you can strengthen the knees with other exercise, the other exercise is 'training for your hikes to come'. I'm sure you'll be back at it later, just take care of things properly now so you can return. Do you have a sports med doc or is your physio an active outdoor sport person? That always helps. I say jump on the 'Biggest Loser' BF testing at work, that is definitely awesome. I like that they are going about it in the right way - that it's not all about the scale number.

Shoutout to all the other maintainers, posting or lurking
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 03-19-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling - sheeesh!
Old 03-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrcat View Post
Jenny, your mention of rebelliousness reminded me of my conversation with my counselor today. She suggested I make friends with my "saboteur" since she is not actually going to go away. She suggested that the saboteur is not all bad..she is creative, and imaginative and likes to have fun....and letting her have a good time within the framework of maintenance would be preferable over stuffing her away or pretending she doesn't exist.
Murrcat, love that advice and it's true the inner brat or saboteur isn't going away but I can change the relationship I have with her and perhaps give her a positive experience in my body.

Eandc- congratulations on 2.5 yrs maintaining and staying within a 10lb range! That is a amazing and very successful. Like Lisa quotes "pick your hard, being over weight is hard, dieting is hard, and maintaining is hard". I may not have the exact words but you know what I mean. Kee up the great work, you are an inspiration.

Kimo - welcome, congratulations on all your hard work. Never apologize for asking too many questions here. Someone always answers..

Andrea - that challenge seems like a great idea just to get the body comp done. Hope the weather clears and you can get outside.

Heading into a quiet weekend for me. Dialling down the run to 16km to rest up before the big race next week. Would still like to be 2 lbs down so working hard to be on track all weekend.

Hi to everyone
Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 168.8/136.4./130

Height: 5'2''

Liana, thanks for the shoutout to us lurkers.

eandc, I hope I have as much success maintaining after 2.5 years that you have had, congratulations!

Murrcat, hope the finger is healing okay. I think from now on I will be using tongs to hold the avocado lol, I live a long way from any help.

Andrea, great initiative for your work place to keep the staff healthy and anytime you can get something so beneficial for free, I say go for it!
Our public library is offering free on line courses, I signed up to bone up on anatomy, how to teach meditation and a course on stress; what it is, how it effects us and techniques to reduce it.

I too am planning a quiet weekend, it was March break here this past week and I had my youngest daughter and her family here for 4 days.

I have a question for all you wonderful ladies 55+. If loose skin is an issue for you, what do you do to help tighten it up?

Enjoy the weekend everyone.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #97  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

I lost another pound so I'm inching toward returning to maintenance. This reboot has been longer than any previous one. But I'm determined to get back to my goal and I'm only 5 pounds away! I first reached goal in March 2013 (after 9 months and 80 pounds) and have maintained within 10 pounds since then. This January, however, I was up 20 pounds, so I've been on P1 since then. It's a slow-go this time, but I'm determined to fit into all of my very cute summer clothes. Today I'm down one more pound! Yay!

Hi eandc! Hang in there! You can do this!
Old 03-21-2015, 01:30 PM   #98  
started IP June 21, 2014

S/C/G: 182/133.4/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hello and happy Saturday everyone!
Jenny, I'm glad that helped, and it sounds like you are getting some quiet time in.

Ommamma, thank you....my finger is healing well and I cut avocados differently now.

Eandc, congrats on being so successful....i hope i can be that successful over time. I know you might not feel that way right now, but i hope you can enjoy your success at some point.

Joysh congrats on your reboot!

And a shout out to everyone else.

This weekend will be pretty quiet. Next week I Will see my ND who recommended IP. She will be testing everything, so i am looking forward to getting new numbers. I've had some low thyroid symptoms, so. I'm hoping to get that worked out as well. Work is super busy, which is great but a bit stressful. So I'm getting out into the garden this weekend. The mulch pile calls:-)

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #99  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! Thought I would say hello. It's been a long while since I checked in. We listed and sold our house and have been shopping for a new one. My eating got very bad!! I was constantly one and off plan. Last weekend DH finally decided to try Atkins so I jumped on board and I have already taken off 10 pounds. I know it's all inflammation for me. Every joint ached and today I noticed I could run up the stairs without a thought. Not feeling nearly as deprived eating this way compared to trying to do P1 again but I know I will have to watch my calories closer than my husband.

Glad to see everyone still posting. I'll be busy for a while buying a house and packing plus it's my busy time for work but hoping I have my focus back.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:06 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Chip- I have been missing you. Congratulations on selling your house. Are you looking in the same area for a new one? I'm glad Atkins is working for you. My mom did IP and has switched to weight watchers to get 5lbs off. She said that P1 felt too deprived for her and is doing well with WW.

Joy- great work with your reboot. You'll be back into those cute summer clothes in no time.

Murrcat- good luck with the Drs appt. I would imagine that you results would reflect all your healthy eating. Did you get to your garden this weekend? My garden may call out but thankfully my mother answers it. I have no idea what to do in there.

Prepped my food for P1 tomorrow. Weekend was pretty good but I did have a fun meal of pizza last night. What a difference the extra carbs make on the scale. I expect it to come off tomorrow and the next day. Told myself this morning I wouldn't look at the scale till Monday or Tuesday but who was I kidding
Old 03-22-2015, 06:51 PM   #101  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hi all! Going to head back and read since I just skimmed but good to see some familiar faces and some new ones.

Maintenance still going well - staying in a 4 lb range without too much trouble. Had to make some adjustments since rotten doctor has decreed all exercise that targets my core or puts much stress on it to be off limits. Boo! So much for the progressive lifting program I had just started, etc., etc. Mostly just walks and stretches for the time being. But I love my fitbit - keeps me motivated and if I can't do the exercises I want then, darn it, I'll show them and keep moving any way!

Back to read!
Old 03-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Just recovering from a nasty respiratory bug and a bacterial skin infection. School has been a constant bombardment to the immune system this winter and... mine failed this go round. But, I am so happy to be on the upswing now.

Joysh and EandC- both of you are an inspiration! Getting the job done over the long haul- thanks for sharing your realities. Progress not perfection.

Hi Chip and Ruth Ann!

Jenny, your free meal pounds will be gone in no time at all.

Ecdcslim, wonderful advice and approach to EandC's comment. So true.

Ommama- your online classes sound wonderful and helpful. Reducing our stress would def. help in the maintenance lifestyle.

Murrcat- so jealous of your weather! I can not wait to get outside. We still have snow and 20 degree temps here in CT.

Andrea, I am so sorry that you have been in constant pain I think the biggest loser sounds cool because of the Scan. Any new thing to keep the motivation going is good in my eyes. I am in need of something new to focus on too. Between this winter, getting sick and my rambunctious classes- I am in search of some joy.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

Hi all - I started Phase 3 today. I nearly died when I got on the scale and was up 5 pounds overnight (before I started Phase 3). I just went on new allergy medicine and antibiotics for sinus infections so I assume my body is retaining water because I didn't cheat (well, except for some wine on Friday but if that contributed it took 2 full days to show up) I nearly stopped moving to phase 3 because I was already worried about the carbs. But, I decided not to freak out and did it anyway. I will say I felt pretty full all morning and did not need my morning snack. We'll see how long it takes for this 5 pounds to go away.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:11 AM   #104  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Slipfree - sorry you are feeling yucky and down. But just think, Spring is here and the weather "should" be improving, that always cheers me up. You've done amazing in maintenance even with all the stress and should be proud of yourself!

shasta10 - new medications and infections will cause some water retention for sure. I started my seasonal allergy medication a couple of weeks ago and immediately jumped up a couple of pounds. It went back down a few days later. Drink lots of water, it will come back off. Congrats on starting P3 - that is exciting!

Busy week this week and I'm already tired. Seems like that's a common theme!

Almost caught up in my reading.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi Everyone;

Nice to see you back posting Ruth Ann! I've been trying to keep up with reading all the postings as well, life is busy. I'm dealing with a cough and being stuffy right now and its no fun. I seem to have gone from one virus to another. I feel your pain Slip! I am still over my scream weight but did manage to get my exercise in last week. I hope to get working better with my eating this week. Its always a matter of making good choices and knowing what works best for you. Have a great day all!
Closed Thread