Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #46  
Started IP on 12/5/14

S/C/G: 222/197/152

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Got a call at work, mom broke her hip and having surgery tomorrow. She is 85, healthy and active but still so sad to see her lying there like that. It was late, went to the restaurant and basically buried my emotions in my dinner. totally off plan but planning on jumping back on tomorrow, even when at the hospital ( I can have a salad or bring food with me). You know, .I didn't even feel bad for messing up, it was a def " what the h***" moment.
thanks for the support IP peeps, glad you are here.
Oh carmie48, that's tough to see your mom like that! No wonder you went off plan this evening. But it sounds like you'll be back OP tomorrow. Will be thinking good thoughts for your mom's speedy recovery. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're helping care for her...
Old 12-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #47  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelineb View Post
Hello all,

There are so many recipes out there that use cauliflower, but I'm hesitant to try them because I just can't stomach its taste and texture. Have any of you discovered recipes that actually mask the flavor? Trying to find some more veggies to incorporate into P1...

Thanks,
Lynette
It is late in the day to post here on the Daily Chat but I hope you see this... cauliflower does a good job of taking on whatever flavors you use to season it. I really dislike raw cauliflower, but I really like it roasted in the oven. Cut it up popcorn size, give it a spray of EVOO, season with some garlic powder and sea salt, and spread it on a sheet pan - roast at 400 degrees for at least 30 minutes. It will get carmelized brown markings, and you will find the taste mellow and even a bit sweet. Or, chop it fine to rice size and add it to a pudding mix or maple oatmeal or the wildberry yogurt to make muffins or pancakes or waffles. The recipes are easy to find on 3FC or in Pinterest. You won't taste the cauliflower - just whatever you have cooked it with.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 186/186/150

Height: 5'8

Such inspiring successes today across the board! Congrats to all you "losers"
Closed Thread