Old 11-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #1  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Default Multi Vitamins

Hi All

I am a newbie on IP.

I was just wondering where we can buy same vitamins supplied by IP. I am sure its been talked about this here before.
rsach312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsach312 View Post
Hi All

I am a newbie on IP.

I was just wondering where we can buy same vitamins supplied by IP. I am sure its been talked about this here before.
Hi rsach312! Welcome. You will get a better response to general questions like this if you post them in the daily thread.

That being said, IP Brand anything can only be purchased from an IP clinic. Some packets are available on Ebay. The best thing to do is take the IP bottles to a good nutrition store, GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe, or something sim and compare the amounts to find a good substitute. Most of us on alternatives have posted in the Alternative threads about this is well. Personally, for a vitamin, I take Centrum.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #3  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi rsach312! Welcome. You will get a better response to general questions like this if you post them in the daily thread.

That being said, IP Brand anything can only be purchased from an IP clinic. Some packets are available on Ebay. The best thing to do is take the IP bottles to a good nutrition store, GNC or the Vitamin Shoppe, or something sim and compare the amounts to find a good substitute. Most of us on alternatives have posted in the Alternative threads about this is well. Personally, for a vitamin, I take Centrum.
Ditto on the Centrum multi-vitamin. We buy the majority of our vitamins at Vitamin Shoppe or Sprouts and have matched up our quantities within 3-5% of RDA values. Sometimes it means taking fewer of the new ones, but it's close enough for me to be happy with.

If you have issues with the omega 3 (horrible aftertaste, burping fish oil) try the enteric coated ones. These are designed to not break down until they reach the intestine, so you don't get any fishy flavour. I also noted that my "indigestion" disappeared as soon as I made the switch.

Lisa has, very helpfully, previously mentioned that while vitamins and supplements are not FDA regulated, there is a marked quality difference in the fish oils available on the market. If you want to get one that is from sustainable industry, freshness, lack of cross-contamination AND will actually give you the most benefit check that your Omega bottle has an IFOS mark on it. (International Fish Oil Standards).
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote