Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #16  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Default Thank you!

Thank you So much for all your inputs!! I feel SO much better!!! I though I was doing something terribly wrong and was at my wits end!!! This is my 1st time in a forum and I am glad i decided to join and be surrounded by so many wonderful and kind people!!SO thank you for taking out time to respond!!
just an FYI My starting weight was 141.31lbs and Iam 135.61lbs as of yesterday. A little background-I usually go to the gym n lift 3-4 days a week and have healthy eating habits on most days I moved from WA to SF and in the process I gained 15 pounds (friends threw a ton of farewell parties). Since i have a family history of diabetes, I decided to lose the fat asap!! Read bout IP and it made sense to me. So, here is hoping for fat loss and getting back to my "gym days" soon !!!
PS: I am new to this. SO, please bear with me!!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:04 PM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
Thank you So much for all your inputs!! I feel SO much better!!! I though I was doing something terribly wrong and was at my wits end!!! This is my 1st time in a forum and I am glad i decided to join and be surrounded by so many wonderful and kind people!!SO thank you for taking out time to respond!!
just an FYI My starting weight was 141.31lbs and Iam 135.61lbs as of yesterday. A little background-I usually go to the gym n lift 3-4 days a week and have healthy eating habits on most days I moved from WA to SF and in the process I gained 15 pounds (friends threw a ton of farewell parties). Since i have a family history of diabetes, I decided to lose the fat asap!! Read bout IP and it made sense to me. So, here is hoping for fat loss and getting back to my "gym days" soon !!!
PS: I am new to this. SO, please bear with me!!

You're very welcome!! With your starting weight and goal weight so close together, you will VERY likely see slower losses than those who have more to lose. BUT it looks like for now, you're in a sweet spot! 3lbs per week is a GREAT average!

Great job getting control before things went WAY overboard - keep up the good work!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #18  

Thank you SO much!! It has been a struggle to lose these last 20lbs for the past few years!! I workout and eat right on most days, but the upper body refuses to lose the fat Ergo, IP!!! I keep half joking that i have a 4 pack hiding under my stomach fat somewhere!! But in reality I really hope to see them before I turn 35 next year And I will go easy on the miracle noodles from now on!!Again, Thank you for your time!! I am feeling SO much better already!!You all are awesome!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: SW 232.2/230.6/137

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Good Wednesday Morning Lisa & Friends!

Lisa - I had a question for you (i know you'll level with me). Today marks day 5 of IP reboot and I have only dropped 1lb. Starting to go into panic mode that the plan won't work it's magic on me.. I need you to remind me that I'm being silly and that this is normal (hoping it's normal). I'll be drinking extra water today and every day until body registers that I'm trying to let go of this weight!

Thank you for starting the thread..

Have an excellent day!
I'm SO with you on this. I only lost 1 lb last week and I've spiraled in to the "OMG I'm going to have to fight for every lb from here on out it's never going to work for me" mode. For me though TOM started today and I had a tattoo removal treatment (skin trauma that causes water retention) last Thursday so I knew it would be a terrible week, plus I'm suffering from the big C...ugh. We just have to have faith in the process! It will work!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Another thing to look at Aria05, is that the 5 lbs lost in your first two weeks according to the BCA... is NOT MUSCLE mass but lean mass that includes everything except fat (includes water - thank you first week's glycogen drop).
My new coach had a bit of a 'duh' moment because I decided to do the BCA this past round - I've only done it 3 times since I started as I have my own good set of scales/BCA at home. She fretted that I had lost lean mass from the last measurement - not much but still...- but she forgot to look at the proportion of lean to total mass since I was 15 lbs lighter. So yes my total lean mass was lower, but my proportion of lean mass was 3% higher, in other words, better. And my BF was down by the corresponding 3%. She also told me I was dehydrated, but I wasn't about to drink my usual 5 glasses of water before lunch on a weigh in day, lol. So no, I'm not dehydrated, but she's just learning and is quite earnest about it, lol. I tried to let her know I wasn't stressed; these were actually expected results and I'm doing fine in maintenance

Liana
Old 10-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #21  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Default 7th WI...

Down another 2 lbs. My coach had to actually move the big weight on the bottom from the 200's down to the 150's. Oh it felt so good to see that..Yay! But the 50 lb marker went all the way to start at the other end again, but that's ok. Knowing the bottom marker has moved into the next notch is wonderful.

Andi

Old 10-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #22  

Interesting quickie article in my in-box today on brown fat and its importance in weight loss and blood sugar control. And how to get more of it...
http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20141...at-weight-loss

Liana
Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 PM   #23  

Thank you Liana!! That make SO much more sense than the "that's weird!! you are probably cheating" response I got from my "coach"!! I am ok with 2lb fat loss per week, but when your coach tells you 2 weeks in a row that "i don't know why you are gaining fat", I just lost it! I felt so angry with my situation since I invested my time, money and faith in them so much. I am so glad I found you all!!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Good day all!
It feels like forever since I've posted... guess it's been a week. Last week's .8 gain was a bit disheartening but I knew that TOM was around the corner and kept reminding myself that weight loss is not linear (thanks Dr. Beck!). Focused on being exactly on plan, with one higher fat day in the week and was still petrified when I went in today that I would see a stall or worse a gain... But happily, was down 3. Gotta love those weeks!
Aria05- we are the same age! I'll be 35 in January. I'm hoping I'll be back in the gym by then... Cause while I notice that I'm smaller I also notice there is a whole lot of tightening that needs to happen too
Old 10-29-2014, 08:04 PM   #25  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all!! Happy Hump day!!

Quick question about zucchini noodles. What could I use on top if I want to do a spaghetti sauce? I'm looking forward to using zucchini in place of pasta in maintenance, but I'm wondering if there's some type of sauce I can use right now in P1....just to add a little bit of flavor?
Thx!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:05 PM   #26  

I have 2 more queries.
Q1-Is it ok to eat half a bag of bbq chips or 1/6th of their raspberry bar with green tea(decaf) on some days besided the 3 IP and dinner? Or should I stick to 3IP packets and "live" 8oz protein dinner?
My coach was very confusing on this regard!! She said it was ok.

Q2- She also told me to go to the gym twice a week for some "light lifting" and consume an extra IP shake post gym. Now, I am very doubtful of her expertise at this point and could use your insight!!
Again, Thank you all for taking out time to reply!! You guys ROCK!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:13 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hi all!! Happy Hump day!!

Quick question about zucchini noodles. What could I use on top if I want to do a spaghetti sauce? I'm looking forward to using zucchini in place of pasta in maintenance, but I'm wondering if there's some type of sauce I can use right now in P1....just to add a little bit of flavor?
Thx!!
I used to make a sauce with olive oil, fresh tomato puree,garlic, oregano and sea salt. I then let the zucchini noodles soak in the sauce. Sometimes, i just stir fried the noodles with veggies, ginger, garlic, some low sodium stock and protein of your choice.Not sure if this is IP friendly, but I think one can tweak it to make it IP friendly.Hope this helps!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:22 PM   #28  

Quote:
I used to make a sauce with olive oil, fresh tomato puree,garlic, oregano and sea salt. I then let the zucchini noodles soak in the sauce. Sometimes, i just stir fried the noodles with veggies, ginger, garlic, some low sodium stock and protein of your choice.Not sure if this is IP friendly, but I think one can tweak it to make it IP friendly.Hope this helps!!
Check out the Italian Passata sauces (various brands)- they should have NO SUGAR OR STARCH added. Preferably just tomatoes and if you are lucky whole basil leaves. I also found Classico has no added sugars or starches - I know it's expensive but you are getting real veggies and not filler. Watch the carb & fat grams count as there is quite a range depending on your choice. Definitely add garlic and put in tons of other pasta veggies like mushrooms, celery, & I put fresh onion on top. That way you can use more regular veggies and less of the tomato and still get a good pasta sauce flavour. Also a bit of fennel seed is good in this for a change - it makes it taste like an Italian Sausage sauce, just be careful with the amount as it is quite strong.

Liana
Old 10-29-2014, 08:29 PM   #29  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Check out the Italian Passata sauces (various brands)- they should have NO SUGAR OR STARCH added. Preferably just tomatoes and if you are lucky whole basil leaves. I also found Classico has no added sugars or starches - I know it's expensive but you are getting real veggies and not filler. Watch the carb & fat grams count as there is quite a range depending on your choice. Definitely add garlic and put in tons of other pasta veggies like mushrooms, celery, & I put fresh onion on top. That way you can use more regular veggies and less of the tomato and still get a good pasta sauce flavour. Also a bit of fennel seed is good in this for a change - it makes it taste like an Italian Sausage sauce, just be careful with the amount as it is quite strong.

Liana
THANK YOU!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #30  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
It took me a long time to figure out a recipe that I liked using the potato puree. The strength of the seasoning was too much for me to eat it straight, so I started experimenting with mixing it with other packets. I now use half a potato puree and half a plain pancake packet to make English muffins, which I use as sandwich bread. The flavors in the potato puree are toned down so that there is just enough savory-ness without being overpowering and it adds a nice texture that I didn't get from using just a pancake packet.

IP English Muffins (adapted from Rainbow's recipe)

1/2 packet pancake mix
1/2 packet potato puree
1/4 tsp. salt
3/8 tsp. baking powder
1 egg (I use the whole egg and skip the oil that Rainbow added, but you could use just the white and add 1-2 tsp. olive oil)
enough water or milk to make it a thick but pourable batter

Mix all ingredients and pour into two egg rings in a pan over very low heat. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. When the muffins are set enough to release from the rings, remove, turn over, and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Thanx, I'll definitely be trying this recipe.

Andi

Closed Thread